Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What will come after Lv. X?

Unfortunately, it's highly unlikely that they'll bring back deltas OR the holon engine. It has been and gone. Hopefully though they will create more pokemon and trainers with as much synergy as deltas and holons had. The holon engine will probably be gone forever, but while we lose the old strats, we gain new ones.

I always liked the Team Rocket sets for some reason. Team Rocket gives me nostalgic feelings inside. :)

I want yet another TR set to be in Modified Format lol.

I will trade my girlfriend for a box of Zombie Pokemon cards. She'd even go along with it if she got a box.

If I hand craft an entire box of quality Pokemon zombie cards, can I have her. Wait, is she in mint condition?

But seriously, there were what, 16 Ex series, which is over four years worth of cads. I'm not worried about what comes after the lvl X for some time.

Everything old is new again, it seems. Technical Machines are back in JDP5. I'd love to see some other old stuff come back. Gym Leader's Pokemon, or Shining/* Pokemon (but let's make them playable this time around). I like the idea of a Team Rocket set...but maybe it would be Team Galactic this time around. Beatles haircuts FTW.

As for something I haven't seen before...how about Special Energy besides Dark and Metal. Come on, why do they get to have all the fun? I'm sure they could think of some interesting effects to give the other Energy types.

Of course, the obvious answer as to what comes after Level X is....Level X+1.

I like how they've promised to make cards for each of the 493 pokemon (minus Kadabra I guess) but what happens when they're done with that? I'm guessing that's when we'll see a new game mechanic introduced, be it similar to the 'delta' mechanic, the 'owner's' mechanic, or the 'light/dark' mechanic.

I don't see Lv.X going anywhere for quite some time though, and it could be a while before they introduce another level of card rarity/play mechanic (i.e. star pokemon). Star pokemon didn't arrive until about half way through the EX era, right?

In any case, I'm happy with the lack of wacky far-out card mechanics in the format right now, it reminds me a lot of Base-Fossil. The current format kinda has a nostalgic feel to it. I love seeing new cards that are very similar to old cards (with reasonable tweaks to make them fit in the current format of course) - I'm lookin' at you, Blastoise.

Personally, if you're looking at Lv. X, I think one should first take at whether or not Nintendo is going to release 5th gen. If you ask me, that'd be getting a little redundant. There's already nearly 500 Pokemon out there, and most of 3rd/4th gen were a little redundant. An evolution of Magneton? Magmar? Maybe I'm one of the few, but I'd prefer they release enough for 600 and then say they're done, because in my eyes it's getting ridiculous. Maybe I'm just one of those hard-core players that loved anything WotC too, but eh.

...however, I do wish to see a whole set of Destiny Pokemon again. Oh, gods yes. I still LOVE my Light Dragonair/Light Flareon/Light Vaporeon/Shining Mew cards from that set. It's cards that make you pick what side you're on, good or evil...it makes the game that much more personal.

Personally, if you're looking at Lv. X, I think one should first take at whether or not Nintendo is going to release 5th gen. If you ask me, that'd be getting a little redundant. There's already nearly 500 Pokemon out there, and most of 3rd/4th gen were a little redundant.

I had the same sentiment when I was first introduced to the new generation of pokemon. I looked at bidoof and bibarel, which I snagged early in the game, and thought, "You have got to be kidding me!" Now I'm not so sure that I still feel that way. Every generation has its share of bombs (the second one had plenty, but the third was great). Nintendo will keep creating new creatures as long as we keep buying.

Does anyone know if Segumori still does all of the character designs, or does he take ideas that he's given, and come up with the art? I'm not sure of the process, but I feel that pokemon is far too large a world these days for one man to be doing the designs.

Back