Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Has anyone bought any of those packs with 15 random cards?

Wallydraigle

They're blister packs, with 15 loose cards from mixed sets, and a promo in a wrapper. They're in the pack so you can't see what any of the cards are before you open it, but sometimes you can tap it around and sort of see the edges of some of the cards a little bit. I saw one today that had a card with a silver border in it, so I bought it, thinking it was probably something cool. It was a trainer from one of those World Championship decks. Oh well.

But anyway, I've only bought a couple of these, and both times they've only had absolute garbage in them. Like 5-6 basic energies, and the rest just commons and uncommons. Does anyone buy these? Have you ever gotten anything good out of one? They're way too expensive for what you get, considering the high number of basic energies.

And... Where are you getting these?

Doesn't sound like any official liscened product that I know of. Stores like Target will sell Blister packs with 3 packs and a promo, but... Loose cards? Trainers from World Championship decks...? Sounds a tad fishy, but that's just me.

Thanks for moving this. I thought about putting it here to begin with, but it seemed more gossipy.

Anyway, it's definitely a liscensed product. I got mine at Meijer, which is like Walmart, and I've seen them at Target and other stores too. It seems like quite the racket though. They can unload all their surplus junk cards for $5-6 a pack. Unless I've just been really unlucky, and there are some that aren't complete crap, which is what I'm trying to determine without getting ripped off.

They are another crappy product from the greedy business in the world, they are taking candy from a baby.:eek:

My daughter wasted some money on one, AVOID at all cost!!!!!!!!

There's no way that can be a licensed product. It seems to me like you're describing one of those packages put together by a third party. Just avoid them. If you're looking to get past promo cards or something just go with eBay. =/

I'll check them out a little closer the next time I go to the store. They could be third party, I guess. But if that's the case, something doesn't jive. Why would Nintendo let these other guys repackage and sell their surplus junk cards for an exorbitant amount, when they could do it themselves? Have we finally found the fabled level to which not even Nintendo will stoop to make a dollar? :lol:

I'll check them out a little closer the next time I go to the store. They could be third party, I guess. But if that's the case, something doesn't jive. Why would Nintendo let these other guys repackage and sell their surplus junk cards for an exorbitant amount, when they could do it themselves? Have we finally found the fabled level to which not even Nintendo will stoop to make a dollar? :lol:

I'm not sure how they can do it, but they get away with it. And I'm pretty sure PUSA makes no extra money from the sales of these cards, only whatever they recieved when the third party originally purchased the product.

To my knowledge, it essentially works like this. The cards are purchased by the third party from PUSA (Or maybe even another third party), repackaged or opened and repackaged, and sold off to places like Wal-Mart, Target, grocery stores, other distributors and the like.

I have seen those packages at my local WalMarts. From what I got from one of the ppl that worked in the card department, those are repackaged by Beckett and sold by them. They are real cards, but, they are real crappy cards.

I did buy some once, just to see what was in them, and I got the promo and 14 fighting energies in one and the promo and 14 assorted cards from base set in the other.

I wonder if those are cards from the remains of the starter packs.

I have seen those packages at my local WalMarts. From what I got from one of the ppl that worked in the card department, those are repackaged by Beckett and sold by them. They are real cards, but, they are real crappy cards.

I did buy some once, just to see what was in them, and I got the promo and 14 fighting energies in one and the promo and 14 assorted cards from base set in the other.

I wonder if those are cards from the remains of the starter packs.

I also bought one of those at Wal-Mart just to see what was in them. I got 2 Diglet, 3 Machop, 2 Machoke and 8 Fighting energy. The only good part from it is that they were all German.:lol:

If these are like the ones that Wallydraigle bought, yeah, don't buy them. They're just re-pakeged junk.

It seems like everyone else has had the same experience. If the packs were like $1 or something it might be okay if you really needed some energies or something. There's no way the cards are fake. They're so crappy no one would fake them. It would be like counterfeiting pennies and nickles.

well if someone counterfeited 999999999999999999999999999999999999 pennies, then it would add up. but yeah. if it is over $1.50 i would never buy it

Back