Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What to buy for next format

TrainerSpencer

Me and a couple of friends are getting back into the game AGAIN...what should be buy ect for the upcomming season as nats ect are over.

plan decks and buy singles. : - )

if you just buy a bunch of packs the chances of oyu getting something you actually need are slim. i just buy singles (with an exception to my LA cases im buying lol)

Well, he could start buying Japanese LA and IFDS boxes, when they come out! You get more in those than American, and they are WAY worth it!

Is there a list of cards commin in the new sets, and what decks from this format will be viable, I hear Empoleon will be around still I'd wana play that. Im looking to be quite competitive, comming over from Yugioh, competive play is really all I know.

I LOVE empoleon alot, I played him for the LONGEST time, but then Everyone else started playing him, so...

The new sets will be Real competitive! Look for Kingdra, the Pixies, Reggies, Empoleon, SOME G/G, but???

Having the right trainers is important. Key trainers to look out for are Bebe's Search, Roseanne's Research, and Team Galactic Wager. The rest of the supporters are pretty much just draw. There are some interesting new Supporters coming out in a few weeks in the new set Legends Awakened too. To get some good trainers, I would recommend buying singles through ebay or google shopping. If Roseanne's are too expensive, you can buy the Electivire theme deck from Secret Wonders and it will come with 2 of them. I think Bebe's Search might come in some Mysterious Treasures theme decks, but I don't know if it does or not. Rare Candy is another important trainer that all players need to have some of. It doesn't come in a theme deck, but it's been reprinted a few times, so it shouldn't be ultra hard to get some. Night Maintenance is another important card. Might come in a theme deck.

Most of the good special energy is being rotated, so don't worry about them. It might be a good idea to get a good amount of Basic Dark and Metal energy. Diamond/Pearl theme decks (first DP set) seem to be the best places to get them, and I think one of the Great Encounters theme decks come with basic dark (and/or metal) energy. Call Energy from Majestic Dawn is a special energy I would recommend getting. I feel it will be very useful next season.

There are some Pokemon that could be useful in every deck, like Pachirisu (GE) and Phione (MD), but there are trainers and energies that can do the same thing. Generally though, there aren't a lot of "staples" pokemon-wise. Maybe look out for the common Chatot (MD).

LA (Legends Awakened) looks to be a decent set, and there should be more Lv.Xs in a box since the set has 7 of them in it. I would recommend buying some of LA. Tins are always good deals. There are new Tins coming out in September that will have Mewtwo lv.X and Rhyperior Lv.X in them.

I am sure I forgot to mention some cards, but I am sure others will mention them.

Buy lots of these first:

xx Claydol
xx Professor Oaks Visit
xx Night Maintenances
xx Roseannes Research
xx Pachirsu GE
xx Phoine MD

Some viable cards for next season that are out now are:

Empoleon MD
Leafeon Lv.X/Eeveelutions( Umbereon/Espeon)
Dusknoir DP
Gardevior SW
Gardevior Lv.X
Gallade SW
Magmortar SW
Magmortar Lv.X
Togekiss GE
Bronzong

just what I would look to buy

lol could someone make like a "cards to get list" for the format that'd be extremly helpful, and as for cards that are reprinted, you can use any version of that card?

Well, he could start buying Japanese LA and IFDS boxes, when they come out! You get more in those than American, and they are WAY worth it!

I'm not a fan of buying Japanese cards... I'm very OCD. If I cant have and all Japanese deck or and all English deck it will drive me nuts.

Back