Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

M.A.R.I.O <(^^<) (>^^)> (and kirby)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palitoman

Hello this is my first time playing Pokemon
so any suggestions would be nice! trying to get into the game
so please help a NOOB out and fix anything wrong with this deck!
Thank you for your time

Pokemon: 17

4 Riolu
3 Lucario
4 Machop
3 Machoke

3 Machamp

Trainer Cards: 25

3 Rare Candy
2 Team Galactic's Wager (LOL XD)
3 Team Galactic's Mar
2 Night Maintenance
2 Warp point
4 Roseanne's Research
3 Speed Stadium
3 Quick Ball
3 Celio's Network

Energy:18

16 Fighting Energy

Last edited:
One good idea to go by is that your basic count should be equal to your final evolution count.

So if you have 4 Riolu, you should have 4 Lucario.
If you have 4 Machop, you should have 4 Machamp.

You could take out an energy for Lucario and a Machop for Machamp.

A 4/3/4 machamp line will be much better than a 4/4/3 line

lol my bad. i meant machoke, but now i see that he only has 3 machoke. oh well, just take out a card for another machamp.

I would go with 4/2/4 machamp with 4 candy

I don't see how TGW or TGM plays to the strategy. If you lose some of those, you can put in
2-2 Claydol like everyone else...

add
+ 2 Machamp (IFDS)
+ 1 Machamp (DP)
+ 1 Machamp lv X (IFDS)

Spoiler : (IFDS)

Machamp LV.62 – Fighting – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Machoke

[F] Drop: 40 damage. If the Defending Pokemon isn’t an Evolved Pokemon, instead of doing damage, this attack Knocks Out the Defending Pokemon.
[C][C] Hurricane Punch: Flip 4 coins, this attack does 30 damage x the number of heads.
[F][F][C][C] Rage: Does 60 damage + an additional 10 damage for each damage counter on Machamp.

Weakness: Psychic (+30)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

----------------------

Machamp LV.X – Fighting – HP150
Level Up

Poke-Body: No Guard
As long as this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, any damage done by this Pokemon’s attacks to any Active Pokemon is increased by 60, and any damage done to this Pokemon by your opponent’s Pokemon’s attacks is increased by 60.

[F][C][C] Follow Through: 20 damage. During your opponent’s next turn, if Machamp’s HP is reduced to 0 by damage from an attack, flip a coin. If heads, Machamp is not Knocked Out and its remaining HP becomes 10.

Weakness: Psychic (+40)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

PIC: http://pokebeach.com/scans/japanese/intense-fight-in-the-destroyed-sky/machamp-lv.x.jpg

In case you haven't noticed, this list isn't DP-on. XD

While this list is pretty good for a firt-timer, here are my fixes:

-3 Speed Stadium
-3 Team Galactic's Mars
-3 Quick Ball
-2 Fighting

+2 Claydol
+2 Baltoy
+1 Rare Candy
+1 Lucario Lv.X
+1 Machamp
+3 Steven's Advice
+1 Ceilio's Network

Speed Stadium is baaaaaaaad. It helps your opponent, too, so don't run it. Mars is bad compared to Steven's, so use Steven's over it. Quick Ball, will, more often then not, get you what you don't want. 18 Fighting Energy is overkill, lose a couple of them. Claydol line is staple in every deck, no questions, unless that deck focuses on Cessation lock more then any other feature. 4 Candy, 4-3-4 Machamp, and 4-3-1 Lucario line is what you want for Pokemon. 4 Ceilio's Network are staples.

Mario will be back in some form of another with this fanastic Machamp X, I will use it that's for sure, I will not use Lucario myself though, it's a good fella, but his body is so easy to counter with warp or other switch maganizems ;)

For a good Mario deck I would try something like this, the problem still is that Lucario X could be prized and can be a problem later in the game, and it's a low hp guy:

4 Riolu
3 Lucario
1 Lucario lv X

4 Machop
3 Machoke
4 Machamp

4 Baltoy
4 Claydol

The Claydol brings extreme speed, as is seen in Gallade & Gardevoir decks, now this deck wins on speed, so be sure to use it, it's saver as stadiums and much better than lots of supporters.

Be sure to add 4 Powerplus and I think you'll be able to defeat a foe and have quick battle. Also, when the new Tyrogue and Hitmonchan come out, give them a try, they are faster than the Lucario, they only mis some HP but with 70 or 90 hp it doesn't make a great difference.

It's all Fighting so for now this is the best you can use and even claim the deck original.

Cheers,

PS I've used Mario a long time and I even awed a moment when I saw the new hitmonchan, turn 2 70 dmg, remains insane.

4 PlusPower = Necessary.

2-2 Claydol, 4-4 is overkill.

Lucario Lv X is a must in the deck as well.

4 PlusPower = Necessary.

2-2 Claydol, 4-4 is overkill.

Lucario Lv X is a must in the deck as well.

Thing is if you want to use fast fast fast, you've got to go overkill, Lots of G&G decks use 4-4/3-3 Claydol, it's as fast as ****, and if you go speed do it good. I still find it very intresting why people don't Claydol in there decks, if you want to go all fighting with a Mario deck, it would be foolish not to include it. Again it's better than most of the supporters and it's draw doesn't hurt the game because you're leaning very much towards speed.

im sorry but you NEVER run anything more than a 2-2 claydol. and if i remember correctly, the original Mario abused CC anyway, however, you are going to have an interesting time against GG w/ the original Mario, a 2-2 claydol MAXIMUM. also, Machamp IFDS is what me and others of my friends call "playing Donk-e-mon" it's really broken if you get the god hand of machop, Rare Candy, Machamp, and a fighting energy... if this thing is being edited for DP-on, go with 2-1-1 Machamp where 2 IFDS, 1 DP, 1 LvX. 4-2 on machop/machoke.

The problem with Claydol is that you really don't want to start with Baltoy, especially in Mario.

Therefore, a 2-2 line will work fine. (the MOST anyone would ever play in deck is 3-3, but even that is extremely redundant)

Also, all the GG/Pl0x lists I've seen run a 2-2 Claydol. They don't want or need the third set.

Anyway, don't use Team Galactic's Mars, there are much better draw trainers out there. Go with Steven's Advice or TVR.

WOW THANKS GUYS !!!! i will DO ALL OF THE CHANGES!! if ican lolXD

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

were am i goin to get those english verisons of the japanese cards? o_O

CAN SOME SUM UP WHAT I SUPPOSE TO DO ???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back