Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pasadena, CA ~ Dec. 27

you handled it well miggy. I saw alot of mad faces when i entered the store. What saved your life was when you said, "everyone is in" . Who knows what would of happened if you didn't say that. I know Leo would of regretted not bringing his camera .lol
The top 8 for masters was interesting
it was

Dusknoir
Machamp
Torterra
Tyranitar
Gengar
Raichu
Kingdra
Regigiga

wow, pretty rare
great tournament

Sorry to miss it, but it might have been too much excitement for me... was still feeling lousy. Had a relaxed time and met some great folks at Costa Mesa.

@a_bum - thanks for the info on Masters top 8.

@greatfox - too many players a nice problem to have, from a certain point of view. Maybe we can talk some time and I can learn from your experience.

@doomsday24 - you what?! Protecting that ranking, eh?

JARED WINS - ha ha, yay! Congratulations!

You know what's funny, while playing during r1 of top cut, I never noticed I could be potentially going againt all different types of decks...all eight being different?!

The amount of people in the store was rediculous though. From what I see when I go to league on Sundays, I never would have guessed that our store would be such a popular venue (no offense or anything Chrisbo).

I still feel bad for Glen though for getting Turn 1 sableye-d in round 1 after going 6-0. Congrats to Stefan for winning a in such a big pool of players.

@Goldedda: Yeah, it was a Gliscor/Lucario deck we worked on just before Riverside the week before on the 20th. He went a combined 5-4 with it that weekend before Saturday's 4-0. Just took him some time to get used to it I guess. :wink:

@bulbasnore: I took a good hit Saturday with a 2-4. I noticed that if I start with only one basic, the odds of getting donked are WAY too high. As evident with the high amount of T1/T2 donks we had there. :lol:
Luckily, Riverside's 5-1 boosted me enough that I should be happy with my final results. Was fun to actually play in 3 CC's this season compared the the usual one (Granada Hills of course). I think I might try to fit in a few BR's when they come around just to keep the edge going.

Despite the craziness, the staff did a great job running things. It was great seeing everyone there, and everyone that can brave the long drive is welcome up in Bakersfield on Jan. 4th for mine. :thumb:

@bulbasnore ~ Well, one thing I am gonna keep in mind for all future events now is finding out what my Max Capacity is and how long the venue will stay open for us before accepting registrations. Oh... and maybe look into a good life insurance policy... I didn't like the look of those pitchforks and torches O_O

@bulbasnore ~ Well, one thing I am gonna keep in mind for all future events now is finding out what my Max Capacity is and how long the venue will stay open for us before accepting registrations. Oh... and maybe look into a good life insurance policy... I didn't like the look of those pitchforks and torches O_O

just be glad i got there early enough to be one of the shoo-ins :thumb:

Hey GreatFox... do you have an ETA for when this event will be reported to POP?

Well... I sent all the files to the PTO, but since the tournament was split into two files, POP will have to do their magic to get them combined... so it might not get uploaded till after everyone gets back from the holidays... but don't hold me to that... ^_^

Back