Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

AMU vs: Machamp SF

Reply's in bold.

Uh, what AMU doesn't use at least 1 Mesprit MT and 1 Mesprit Lv.X? You play Moonlight, or rely on warp?

I guess you've never heard of 4 switch/palkia lv.x....

Mesprit X can OHKO, then lose all its energy. Machamp can keep OHKOing. So can Regi, and Regi heals.

Oh my, 2 whole energy. Thats just SO hard to get back on.... Havn't you ever heard of Energy Pickup/Energy Patch? :/ Regi also isn't going to be able to heal while in a power lock. You also forget Azelf MT. Regi doesn't like attacking for 5 energy.

Uxie Lv.X maxes out at 90 against a non level X champ. That's not a huge problem. Machamp applies constant pressure to AMU. Without G, you're toast.

I would consider 90 damage against your Machamp a huge problem if you consider that your probably NOT going to be able to OHKO me. If you do, I just send out another Uxie and KO you with that.

Say Machamp drags up a benched Un-GUARDed Lv.X Pixie with Blower or Restructure. Now you've got to rebuild it. Gigas is destroying your hand, and your deck, getting rid of your precious Premier Balls and Night Maintenances, while locking your powers.

First off, any Machamp that uses Pokeblower is bad. Restructure is viable, but its going to take you far to long to actually get it going. I'll kill the palkia the second you play it down. Furthermore, I wouldn't actually have an unguarded Pixia lv.x unless I knew I could easly get it back on the next turn.

Why does Palkia X pose a huge problem for Machamp? A Machamp can be easily built in 1 turn. Gigas hardly has a bench, except maybe it's own Palkia.

Ok, great. You have your single Machamp, and I'll easily KO it leaving you with NOTHING. Every time you try and build anything I'll just drag it out and one shot it. As for Gigas, killing thier Palkia is HUGE. After you KO the first Gigas, I can just Palkia out any other ones you try and play down.

Man I wish that I could sit back and eat some popcorn while watching this thread be argued in real life. :biggrin:

Anyway I've seen AMU beat very good Regigigas, but I don't see how either deck could be considered to have an auto win vs the other.

One thing that I have seen missing from this discussion is Azelf MT. Making Regi use 4 / 5 energy instead of 3 / 4 can end up being pretty big after an OHKO.

AMU can hurt Gigas if it gets the first Meprit, otherwise, I see the match being in Giga's favor.

I never see anyone use Azelf MT, despite it's usefulness.

Even Uxie MT has it's uses against decks like Abomasnow, though honestly AMU easily owns Abomasnow without it. Memory Out isn't as bad as some think.

The AMU player who beat Gigas ran it. it was a major factor in the win.

Azelf MT will also be huge against all those SP decks if folks keep running AMU.

Reply's in bold.
I hate when people reply like that. :\

If you're not using Mesprit MT, your Switch will be quickly exhausted, and good luck getting your Lv.X's out quickly.

Yes, I've heard of Energy Pickup/Switch. So you need luck to pull off another God Blast. Machamp only needs to avoid Unown G. When AMU faces Machamp, the pressure is on AMU, not Champ.

I don't think 5 Energy is a huge problem for Gigas though, they often accumulate extra energy because of Sacrifice. IF you KO 2 Regigigas with Supreme Blast, then its likely that you'll win. Good point about Snowpoint, though.

Any Machamp with Blower is bad? Says you. Why do I need to bench a Machop for a turn when I can Candy it into a Machamp? Palkia can't help you in that situation.

Lol ShinySwampert, you just have no clue, do you?

Surely Machamp and Regi can win vs. AMU, but i would consider both matchups in AMUs favor, or 50-50 at the very least.

Vs. Machamp you just have Unown G. When you G'd pokemon gets KOd, you NM/TSD them back. You won't OHKO very often, while the AMU player would do it about 50% of the time. No to mention your Pokemon is a S2. Who wins this?

Vs. Reggiigas. If you get the first Mesprit, consider the match won. Though, the AMU player can manage without powers, the Regi player can't. Just KOing Gigas once can be devastating, and if you KO Regi 2 times, you should win.

Lol ShinySwampert, you just have no clue, do you?

Surely Machamp and Regi can win vs. AMU, but i would consider both matchups in AMUs favor, or 50-50 at the very least.

Vs. Machamp you just have Unown G. When you G'd pokemon gets KOd, you NM/TSD them back. You won't OHKO very often, while the AMU player would do it about 50% of the time. No to mention your Pokemon is a S2. Who wins this?

Vs. Reggiigas. If you get the first Mesprit, consider the match won. Though, the AMU player can manage without powers, the Regi player can't. Just KOing Gigas once can be devastating, and if you KO Regi 2 times, you should win.

No clue. Ouch.

Just going by experience. A fast Machamp deck that plays around Unown G, which it should, rips through AMU, and ruins their synergy. You will OHKO often, if you hit UNGUARDed Pokemon.

I won't argue the Regigigas comment, though I don't think that the first Mesprit will get you an auto-win.

You just don't get it do you? EVERYONE keeps telling you that Machamp does NOT rip through AMU, and you keep saying that it does. You WON'T be hitting unguarded pokemon. I can't even begin to imagine how you play around Unown G. Seriously, please tell me a way that you can play around it. Your experience means NOTHING if you have never tested a good AMU vs a good Machamp. I have tested this battle many times, and its heavily in AMU's favor. All you have said is that Machamp one shots everything in AMU, and therefore has an easy time beating it. You don't back up your very weak arguement with any support, and you don't even bother to test it.

I guess that you also think that T-tar has an atolose vs Machamp and Regi... >_>

You just don't get it do you? EVERYONE keeps telling you that Machamp does NOT rip through AMU, and you keep saying that it does. You WON'T be hitting unguarded pokemon. I can't even begin to imagine how you play around Unown G. Seriously, please tell me a way that you can play around it. Your experience means NOTHING if you have never tested a good AMU vs a good Machamp. I have tested this battle many times, and its heavily in AMU's favor. All you have said is that Machamp one shots everything in AMU, and therefore has an easy time beating it. You don't back up your very weak arguement with any support, and you don't even bother to test it.

I guess that you also think that T-tar has an atolose vs Machamp and Regi... >_>

No, I don't get it. And I'm sure that I'm not the only person who thinks the way I do. I don't think "EVERYONE" consists of DarthPika and Ardoptres, both of whom have supported AMU since the start of this thread months ago.

Restructure is playing around Unown G. Fin Luster is playing around Unown G. And as I said before, Psychic Bind and a KO means that the next sprite gets Taken Out unless it's already GUARDed. I have firsthand experience with this.

T-tar whips Regi because of the high Sacrifice to KO ratio. T-Tar makes him sacrifice every turn. Same with Torterra. T-Tar has a hard time against champ. I don't live under a rock.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

By your experience? I might be incorrect now, but i'm pretty sure you said you hadn't tested either matchup.

I have played numerous matches of Machamp against AMU (using Machamp) in prior months, before the deck (AMU) lost popularity in my area. So yes, you are incorrect.

Last edited:
lol again at AMU being brought up. If it doesn't lose to machamp, which is clearly its worse matchup, why is NOBODY playing it? lol seriously, stop with the joking and move on with this topic (5 pages of nothingness).

Back