Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

G Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

NidoPrince

I haven't played since States last year. I was going through the new cards and I built this:

G Control
DP-On
By: NidoPrince

[4] Toxicroak G
[3] Skuntank G
[3] Honchkrow G
[2] Crobat G
[1] Mewtwo/Dialga
[1] Mewtwo X/Dialga X
[2] Uxie/1-1 Claydol

Basically, the strategy here is:
Get a Toxicroak out ASAP:
Poison off the bench with Skuntank
Hit for 60.
Honchkrow is your set-up. He gets Stadiums and TG Trainers.
Crobat is for that extra damage counters.
Mewtwo is here for the AMU matchup and the mirror. I may use Dialga to prevent Mewtwo used against me.
No explanation about Uxie. Claydol could be better in this position, though. Opinion?

[2] Cyrus' Conspiracy
[2] Looker's Investigation
[3] Roseanne's Research
[1] Marley's Request
[4] Professor Oak's Visit

[4] Poke Healer +/3 Pokemon Rescue - 1 Night Maintenance
[2] TG Power Spray
[3] TG Energy Gain
[4] TG Poke Turn

[3] Moonliight Stadium
[2] Snowpoint Temple

My Trainer Line is pretty standard:
The Cyrus are new-age Castaway. It gives you an Auto +2. It gets my Energy Gains and Poke Turns.
Looker's are my choice of shuffle draw. I prefer these over Rowan.
Roseanne's gets every Pokemon, minus Mewtwo X, so it was a pretty obvious choice.
Marley let's me recycle TG trainers.
Prof. Oak's Visit is my straight draw. Every deck needs it, here is mine.

I use Poke Healer + like I used to use Heal Energy without taking up my attachment for the turn. Plus, the dual effect isn't half bad. I may take these out for recycling. Opinions?
Power Sprays are here to stop the nuisance of Claydol and Uxie. Shut off my opponent's hand refill for a turn.
Energy Gain lets Toxicroak attack for 1 energy, which is a good donk.
Poke Turn is a free Scoop Up. Why not save my Pokemon?

Moonlight gives Toxicroak free retreat. I needed a Stadium for Skuntank, so I might as well make it useful.
Snowpoint gives my whole Pokemon line up +20 HP. Not a bad idea, but it does help my opponents, so I use this cautiously.

[3] Call Energy
[12] Psychic Energy

This is pretty standard. Call searches whatever I'm missing for the set-up, and Psychic is for everything else.

Tell me what you think!

Last edited:
I haven't spent much time with the G pokemon yet.

But after you pointed out that you've added in Mewtwo Lv.X in to combat the mirror match, I've gotta ask what will you do if someone brings out Mewtwo Lv.X against you!?

My thoughts:
Cladol>Uxie because if they play a power spray when you drop Uxie = screwed.
Dialga lv.x > Mewtwo lv.x becaues you are royally screwed if you meet a mewtwo*.
-1 Crobat G
-2 Honchkrow G
+3 Weavile G

Also where are your night maintenance/ Pokemon rescue???

*and I mean royally.

Insanity: I tried the weavile, but since everything is a basic, it's incredibly difficult to start with it. That's why I put Call Energy in. I was thinking about the Dialga G Lv. X, though. I would help against Mewtwo.

Mewtwo Lv X is not that big of a problem anymore with Dialga G Lv X, shutting down his pokebody, we have been testing alot of decks with the new SP Pokemon and Mewtwo just isn't a problem unless they can find a way to pick off Dialga G quickly and even if they do, depending on your build of course, we have found it very easy to get Dialga G back up and running quickly. TSD, NM, Poke Rescue, Lv Max all make this job pretty easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back