Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gyarados - Tail Revenge Deck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjpw_88

Hi. I've just wrote this list and tested it a few times. It works ok, I'm just worried about the trainer line.
Here goes:

4-4 Gyarados SF
3-3 Bannette PL
1-0-1-1 Garchomp LvX
2 Uxie
1 Azelf

3 Bebe's Search
4 Dusk Ball
2 Felicity's Drawing
1 Luxury Ball
4 Poke Ball
4 Poke Drawer +
4 Poke Healer +
4 Quick Ball
2 Rare Candy
4 Roseanne's Research
3 Super Scoop Up
2 Switch

3 Psychic Energy

So the strategy is to get a Magikarp start, evolve to Gyarados and use Bannette to discard Magikarps.
When that first Gyarados is in danger I can either PokeHealer or make sure Garchomp is set uo. Then Bring Garchomp in if the first Gyarados is KO'd and set it up as a basic with 4 Magikarps in the discard pile. This way I will be doing 90 damage for no energies, increasing to 120 damage after I've lost the first Gyarados.

Last edited:
ok here's my suggestions... find a way to use some water energy for when you don't have the karp in the discard. More Felicity, definate. Tho i see the purpose a 1-0-1-1 Chomp seems to crowd the deck, especially for statistical success of Quick Ball. Speaking of statistical success, 4 dusk balls with 20 poke is a bit much, especially with so much poke-search power: no more than 2. Keep Unown G handy, because of Devoluter with spread decks. 3 damage counters happens too easily, and one devoluter would finish gyarados's entire deck.

I see some potential tho, and I'd love to play against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back