Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

format? really true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think of this scenario:"
If the Rotation goes like it has every year then:
No Unknown G and Machamp becomes the new King Of The Pokemon Kingdom. Scary to think about huh??

oh my god nobody realised that yet, it's clearly not been talked about by anyone. what a realisation..

you know, it helps to read threads before posting, rather than make it painfully obvious that you didn't.

Actually, I do realize that SPs are overpowered, but Machamp simply isn't the answer for it. SP is a problem they have to take care of... via gameplay changes. Just to make sure they don't get the T2 donk. The whole handicap of "going first" is so bad in this game, are they really expecting us to play 23 basics in a deck for the purpose of starting with more?

Just let people play Supporters the first turn, same applies to the player that goes second. Nothing else, no tools, no stadiums, no trainers. This allows both players to set up.

And if you think Gengar is "not that bad" w/o Unown G, talk to me when your Uxie gets biten, and then Shadow Room for the prize... 2 times.

There's still room for PCL to add new cards that counter old ones, like they've done SO MANY TIMES in the past.

Last time I checked, PCL works for the Japanese format. So if we have MD-On and they have DP-On, then they're gonna look at DP-On and thus wont recognize Machamp a big as a threat as we would.
And I didn't see them coming up with a solid answer to GG. Did you?

Once again, words are being firmly placed in my mouth by other people.

I didn't say they've introduced a counter to everything that's been a problem, just that they have done so many times in the past.

Last time I checked, PCL works for the Japanese format. So if we have MD-On and they have DP-On, then they're gonna look at DP-On and thus wont recognize Machamp a big as a threat as we would.
And I didn't see them coming up with a solid answer to GG. Did you?

Hence, why they make "Nature's Biggest Mistake", because AMU was really rampant in Japan. They must have thought since it was weak to Psychic, it will "balance out" in a match against AMU.

They should have just made it +40 weakness for the base Machamp, and Hurricane costed 3, period.

The Gible/Gabite/Garchomp in POP9 would make the Lv. X playable.
You must have misinterpreted that post. I meant that Garchomp lv. X would make the Porygon Z promo useable if GE was to be rotated out and Porygon/Porygon2 weren't reprinted (I already knew about the POP9 'Chomp line). It probably wouldn't make the best deck, but hey, anything's possible.

PORYGON2! ...Oh wait, that rotates too... Supporters, prolly? Lunasol? ...Oh wait, that rotates too...
I personally hope GE rotates, since it will make the game so much more interesting.
machamp donks almost every game, very interesting (it's going to be more boring than opra...)

I don't think Great Encounters will be rotated out considering that Unown G is too important to protect Basics/SP-Pokemon and other things from Machamp SF, IMO the loss of Secret Wonders would hurt most decks that are running Flygon (Rising Rivals) as the price of it's Lv. X will probably severely drop in value.

Weavile would be gone as well as there wouldn't be anything that powers it up around Turn 3, so I think the format should be Secret Wonders-On or No Rotation at all. Removing GE and SW just jacks up the format and force everyone to run SP decks while dropping Evolutions possibly.

Then again If worse comes to worse, we'll adapt while feeling bad that we can't use specific cards that we still need as techs for specific decks in the format to work. Losing consistency isn't something I like in this game.

It's one reason why I don't play Standard format in Magic: The Gathering...

Weavile would be gone as well as there wouldn't be anything that powers it up around Turn 3, so I think the format should be Secret Wonders-On or No Rotation at all. Removing GE and SW just jacks up the format and force everyone to run SP decks while dropping Evolutions possibly.

Or they could release other newer cards that achieve the same goals.

Then again If worse comes to worse, we'll adapt while feeling bad that we can't use specific cards that we still need as techs for specific decks in the format to work. Losing consistency isn't something I like in this game.

Welcome to every rotation in every CCG that rotates, ever. "Dangit, I want my Yoga Mastery..."

People, the new format is just going to be SF-on. Realise it now. It just makes so much sense. Why would they rotate half of the Unown cards if the other half isn't rotated? Remember DX-on when everybody thought it was going to be EM-on? EM had Deoxys, and DX had Deoxys (which is quite funny when you think about the format becoming HP-on, HP had Deoxy). This is just going to be the same case. Another reason is that SF was the first set with "shiny-rares" and "reprint-rares".

No really, this post is 50% serious and 50% joke.

People, the new format is just going to be SF-on. Realise it now. It just makes so much sense. Why would they rotate half of the Unown cards if the other half isn't rotated? Remember DX-on when everybody thought it was going to be EM-on? EM had Deoxys, and DX had Deoxys (which is quite funny when you think about the format becoming HP-on, HP had Deoxy). This is just going to be the same case. Another reason is that SF was the first set with "shiny-rares" and "reprint-rares".

No really, this post is 50% serious and 50% joke.

Why SF-On? If that was the case Legends Awakened would also be rotated out cause that set came out first before Stormfront did. Losing Claydol was bad but Uxie is bad enough, you also have to consider a format like SF-On would shrink the Modified card pool drastically limiting us with only 3-4 sets to build decks off of.

Plus everyone would quit the game, I garauntee you that...

Tagrineth said:
Or they could release other newer cards that achieve the same goals.

Yeah but so far we haven't come across any yet that helps save specific new and old archetypes that arose from Rising Rivals or other recent sets. I'm just upset that my Flygon deck will potentially die by next season depending on how POP/PUI sets up rotation If there is one at all this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back