Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Flygon Lock?

Your sig says that you were Top 8 at the Northwest Regionals ... and you don't know what Palkia Lock is? That's a tad odd. But, I'll answer nonetheless...

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but...

Flygon Lock = Pulling up something that can't retreat with Trapinch's attack (using Memory Berry if you're slick) and letting Flygon X's pokebody just discard your deck to Nada.

Palkia Lock is taking out your decks PokePowers by playing down Mesprits as much as you can , then power spraying whenever you can't play down the mesprit. You'd run Super Scoop ups to redrop the Mesprit. If your bench gets too full to drop the mesprit, you use Palkia's power to clear your bench for another mesprit drop. Palkia just punches and spreads to get multiple prizes (or rocks the big snipe from any benched threats that may arise)

Flygon lock aims to trap something that can't attack in the active position either through SW Trapinch's Inviting Trap (its attack is used by Flygon lv. X via Memory Berry) or Palkia lv. X, and Sand Tomb. While that Pokemon is stuck active, Flygon lv. X sits there and discards cards from the opponent's deck until they're either out of cards or, if Flygon is ahead or even in prizes prior to the lock (which is a good idea in case a deck-out isn't possible under time constraints) and time is called, the Flygon player finally attacks big and takes the game-winning prize.

Palkia G lock is based around abusing Mesprit via Palkia G lv. X's Lost Cyclone, which prevents the Pixies from cluttering your bench. Between Power Spray and Mesprit, up to 8 turns of Power locking are possible, hampering virtually every deck. Then, Palkia G lv. X has Hydro Shot to take out any shielded Pokemon being built on the bench, or Claydol (it is shut down for a long time and then, when the lock has to break, it is sniped out of the picture). Luxray GL lv. X is a common card in variants of this deck for added disruption.

Back