Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mother Gengar, needs tech help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Pokegym goers!
I have finally decided to post my deck list in search of help, even though I am *VERY* happy with the way it's running. The following is a basic "Mother Gengar" deck with some questions on possible tech. I am playing in a meta dominated by Blastoise (PL) and Speedrill and Luxray/Expert Belt. I would like to know how to tech against them, if necessary. Or do you think my main deck is "fine" the way it is? Without further ado, my deck:

Pokemon-18
4-2-3 Gengar
2-1-2 Nidoqueen
2 Crobat G
2 Uxie

Supporters/Trainers-31
4 Bebe's Search
4 Poke Drawer +
4 Rare Candy
4 Roseanne's Research
3 Pokedex Handy910is
3 Poketurn
2 Night Maintenance
2 Professor Oak's Visit
2 Super Scoop Up
2 Warp Point
1 Cynthia's Feelings
1 Luxury Ball

Stadiums-2
2 Broken Time Space

Energy-8
5 Psychic Energy
3 Call Energy

Oh, and please do not suggest 2-2 Claydol because yes, even though it would help the deck, I just cannot get any at the moment. Thanks!
Any and all constructive feedback will greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I don't see how this deck would be the Dialga G match up.
I think you should run the new Spiritomb to slow your opponents down while you set up.

I don't see how this deck would be the Dialga G match up.
I think you should run the new Spiritomb to slow your opponents down while you set up.

Thanks for pointing that out, but...
Do you have any ideas for what to take out/put in? Because well, that's what I am looking for.
I will consider and try any suggestions you guys may have.
I haven't been able to play against a Dialga G deck yet.

I should point out that I just started playing not-too-long ago.

So.. Any ideas on what to take out for the Spiritomb?
I figured Gastly's Pitch Dark would be enough, but if not, then I am all ears on what to take out to tech the Spiritomb *nods*

just take out the Super scoops
Since when you are gonna play spiritomb you aren't allowed to use them so
minus 2 Super scoop
plus 2 spiritomb

play two because everyone forgets about cyclone energy

-3 pokedex handy910is (you already have pokedrawers, youre fine on that part) -2 super scoop up(its 4 or none) -2 prof oaks visit +2 spiritomb PA +2-2 claydol +1 unown G

you could even then -4 pokedrawer +2 psychic energy (you need more than 8 energy in mother gengar with 2-1-2 nido instead of 1-1-1) +1 cynthias feelings +1 poketurn

-1 Bebe's Search
-2 Roseanne's Research
-2 SSU
-2 BTS

+4 Quick Ball
+3 Dusk Ball

I like the idea of teching a Relicanth, but I don't know where it would go.
Instead I would suggest modifying your deck's hard use of Supporters into a pseudo-Ball Engine, at least until a 2-2 Claydol line is obtained. You have a healthy mix of trainers right now, but I think adding in Dusk Ball and Quick Ball will get you get extra Pokemon out! Super Scoop Up is unnecessary and Broken Time-Space is overkill. Everyone and their mother uses Broken Time-Space.

I hope that helps anyway.

Hey again,
All the suggestions have been really helpful.
Now, I am just looking for specific cards to counter Dialga G/Dialgo G lv X.
I really don't want to turn this into a Gengar/Machamp deck (which is what I played before), and I don't know if I should put in 2-1-2 Metagross in place of the Nidoqueen setup.
I should also add that I have been really lucky in flipping heads a lot lately ^_^

So, any more help would be greatly appreciated.

To counter Dilga G LvX:

+ 1 Gengar LvX

- 4 Poke Drawer +
+ 3 Looker's Investigation for Gengars Poltergeist

Greats

i would suggest taking out the ssu, and if blascatty and speedrill are a proble, drop in a dusknoir DP, both of these decks play with a full bench so it would really disrupt if you put one in there. Idk how you play against these decks but i would suggest just shadow rooming their bench with powers( they can't have enough unown g to go around) and let fainting spell do your dirty work.

Run Gengar X and Relicanth. I'm running Mother Gar and not losing... lemme try to remember my list...

4-2-3-1 Gengar SF/ Lv X
1-1-1 Nidoqueen
1 Azelf
1 Uxie
2 Unown G
2-2 Claydol
1 Relicanth SV

8 Psychic energy
1 Fighting
1 Cyclone

2 BTS
1 Moonlight
1 VS Seeker
2 Warp
4 Candy
4 Roseanne
4 Bebe
1 Lux Ball
1 Premier Ball
2 Lookers
2 Night Maintenance...

I think that's it. It's been beasting lately. Especially since Expert Belt is popular. Relicanth LOOOOOOVES your little Unown G's and Expert Belts when you try to play them against Gengar. hehehehe
Lemme know if this helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back