Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Barrie, Ontario CC report =]

Chanman

Okay, so day before the city's I had trouble deciding what to play. There were many decks to choose and I talk to Dakota pretty late and it seemed that I was going to play Gliscor [focusing on the lock]. Anyway.......................on to the report =]

9 seniors, so 4 rounds and top 2. =[ It was nice to see 46 people there (I think)

Round 1 vs someone with Gardevoir/Dusknoir w/ techs
To be honest, this person wasn't too good of a player but I start falling behind-fast. I was behind 3 prizes till I started the lock until late game I know she has a Gardevoir X in her hand that would basically end the game for me. In the end, she has to move up a gardevoir [PL] and hope I don't OHKO it for my last prize. I shoot poison, Crobat +2 Poke Turns, and Pester for the KO. Nice for me to get a win. =]

1-0

Round 2 vs Kyle S with Charizard/Magmortar
I get paired down =[ I get a pretty nice start and he never gets a chance to play trainers. I get a nice lock going until he Lvls up Magmortar to burn my tomb and Flame Bluster a Gliscor. I warp Point and get my turn to stall. After that, I lock his pokemon to eventually win an extremely slow game.

2-0

Round 3 vs Chris v with Shuppet Donk
I go first without a Tomb with 2 baltoys out and something else. All I have to hope for is that he doesn't donk me. He doesn't and I set up tomb and eventually lock his crobat Gs/Uxies. I get a pretty easy win.

3-0

Round 4 vs Jacob L with Beedrill
He seems to start figuring out how to get out of the lock but doesn't seem prepared for my Cyclone energies. I get a pretty good lock going on and at one point he is forced to move up a weedle from a cyclone. I lock it and soon find out he runs 3 Kakuna. [1 was in the discard and 2 were with the RR bees] He eventually scoops the match.

4-0

Top 2 vs Jacob L with Beedrill

Game 1
I get a lock on him with his bad hand and he just can't set up so he scooped w/ 45 min left in the game.

Game 2
I get a decent lock at him but it seemed he had a really bad hand again. I was tempted to just KO with Gliscor but I decided if he had drawers or a Lux ball I'd be screwed. I just decided to lock him and I eventually won. =]

Afterward I got my medal and packs and pull decent stuff. Overall it was a good day =D

Props
Salamence X and Arceus X i pulled
Troy winning
Me winning
Good day
deck did well
14-2 so far lol
other stuff

Slops
Extremely dark at 5:30
other stuff

It's always extremely dark at 5:30 here ... it's depressing.

Good job, this seems to be a very cool deck, I still have my Gliscors from ages ago to try it out with...

Good job man, It seemed Lock was the way to go in your Format. But you have to admit, Beedrill VS Glis+Lock Top 2? the matchup is pretty easy for you, Even If Jacob could Get outta the lock it still would be hard for him to get set up.
Again Good Job man.

Back