Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ontario City Championships UPDATED WITH EVENT INFORMATION

I am going to hazard a guess that the OFs used their wiley charms on the lovely young lady who was the Head Judge at the Barrie City Championship!:biggrin:

How else do you explain the results?:lol:

I am going to hazard a guess that the OFs used their wiley charms on the lovely young lady who was the Head Judge at the Barrie City Championship!:biggrin:

How else do you explain the results?:lol:

Hahah ya! It doesn't work well with you or Terry, I have tried :eek:

A little off topic but as michael Jackson once said

I Said You Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'

:clap: "Clap your hands" :clap:

You Got To Be Startin' Somethin'

:clap: "Everybody Sing" :clap:

I Said You Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
You Got To Be Startin' Somethin'

It's Too High To Get Over (Yeah, Yeah)
Too Low To Get Under (Yeah, Yeah)

You're Stuck In The Middle (Yeah, Yeah)
And The Pain Is Thunder (Yeah, Yeah)

It's Too High To Get Over (Yeah, Yeah)
Too Low To Get Under (Yeah, Yeah)

You're Stuck In The Middle (Yeah, Yeah)
And The Pain Is Thunder (Yeah, Yeah)

You're A Vegetable, You're A Vegetable
Still They Hate You, You're A Vegetable
You're Just A Buffet, You're A Vegetable
They Eat Off Of You, You're A Vegetable

Help Me Sing It, Ma Ma Se,
Ma Ma Sa, Ma Ma Coo Sa
Ma Ma Se, Ma Ma Sa,
Ma Ma Coo Sa

:clap: ------ :clap: ------- :clap: ------ :clap: ------ :clap: ------- :clap:

:thumb:

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

BTW I am the brunt of the humor around the family today. My wife makes the phone call to Granny and says guess who's the new barrie city champ? Granny:"Emma?" Wife: "Nooooo" Granny: "Paige?" Wife: "Nooooooo!" Ganny laughing figures it out and start laughing so loud I could hear her. Then my wife starts laughing because Granny is yelling to Poppa, Granny: "guess who the new barrie city champ is?"...... Me: "OMG"

10 minutes pass of jokes like this.....

Granny: "I guess you don't get any trips to Hawaii winning that tournament" ...... 1 min of laughter

Wife: "No, laughing......you win a couple of hours in the Barrie white oaks motel" ......... 2 minutes of laughter.

Wife: "put the medal on were going out to costco" ..... laugh laugh laugh

Last edited:
Hahah ya! It doesn't work well with you or Terry, I have tried :eek:

Confirms my suspicion, the Master's head judge leaves middle of round 5 -- and thean all heck breaks loose -- two members of the Fossil division in the T2 and Troy pulls out the win -- the deck is still works for him., these things just don't happen in Ontario.

BTW I am the brunt of the humor around the family today. My wife makes the phone call to Granny and says guess who's the new barrie city champ? Granny:"Emma?" Wife: "Nooooo" Granny: "Paige?" Wife: "Nooooooo!" Ganny laughing figures it out and start laughing so loud I could hear her. Then my wife starts laughing because Granny is yelling to Poppa, Granny: "guess who the new barrie city champ is?"...... Me: "OMG"

10 minutes pass of jokes like this.....

Granny: "I guess you don't get any trips to Hawaii winning that tournament" ...... 1 min of laughter

Wife: "No, laughing......you win a couple of hours in the Barrie white oaks motel" ......... 2 minutes of laughter.

Wife: "put the medal on were going out to costco" ..... laugh laugh laugh

OK now is the time to put in that call to the Barrie Examiner and get Troy on the front cover as the Barrie City Champion. It will greatly increase your cache in the neighbourhood. I'll take out a one year subscription, just to read the article.:smile:

Hmmm... wonder what a full page add in the Examiner runs ...

OK also the link is possibly a little more hillarious than you thought, note the .AU in the link. Yep I guess I missed out on the trip to Austraillia on offer yesterday.

Nice job Troy. I'll expect to see you sporting your medal at the next City Championships.

Confirms my suspicion, the Master's head judge leaves middle of round 5 -- and thean all heck breaks loose -- two members of the Fossil division in the T2 and Troy pulls out the win -- the deck is still works for him., these things just don't happen in Ontario.

Were you still there for the finals? How did you know that? sooo funny

For the record! What I posted above about me getting roasted was my tournament report. When your old thats as good as it gets.

Hey Troy, just for you,,,,,,,, MR. MIME!!!! :lol: Could not stop laughing! Great job to you and Robin for an awesome match. Guess we gotta go to Australia now ^^

You guys will not believe what Terry did!

I am debating if I should say incase Terry gets angry. I would hate to see what he was capable of if he did this not being angry.

Thinking...............While I am thinking I will say this! Your suspicions about how the tournament unfolded after the 5th round was completely accurate, as you can see from the above posts. Are you sure your last name isn't KRESKIN?

I can guarantee you one thing! There was never a final of any tournament like that one! We should have had it recorded. Robin was doing magic tricks with my cards.

..........Done thinking! I get this email and check my facebook, which by the way all my friends and family can see, and read this.
Terry posted something on your Wall and wrote:

"Full Page Adds in the Examiner, just cost to much. And the community page columnist said 40 year olds playing a "kids game" just don't qualify.

Congrats Barrie City Champ!"

Right before all the family gatherings. This should be a fun holiday season.

It would make me laugh if I had done it to someone else :)

Last edited:
It would make me laugh if I had done it to someone else :)

Why yes!! I did it to somebody else ... and yes I howled laughing for about 10 minutes before I pushed "Share". And yes I'm still laughing.

Sorry, but after reading your post ... I just couldn't resist helping this last all through the holiday season for you.

Man I gotta feeling I started something, I'm not going to like the end of ...

Forgive me, but as a fellow Fossil, I'm living somewhat vicariously through your win!

Go Shuppet Donk I guess Troy...

I also heard someone that day forgot to put Uxie back with Expert Belt on, and the other guy got heads on Fainting Spell. >_>

what does the medal and mat looks like this year ? anyone got a picture ? thanks ;)

Last edited:
what does the medal and mat looks like this year ? anyone got a picture ? thanks ;)

Medal looks the same. Pokeball mat they handed out at worlds. Very nice.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Go Shuppet Donk I guess Troy...

It is not called Shuppet Donk it is called AREA 51

AREA 51 - Declassified

QTY NAME SET COLL.#
3 Shuppet PL 92
4 Uxie LA 43
1 Unown Q MD 49
4 Unown R LA 77
2 Crobat G PL 47
1 Banette SW 23
1 Mr Mime MT 30

QTY NAME
3 Time-Space Distortion
3 Roseanne's Research
1 Luxury Ball
4 Poke Drawer +
4 Super Scoop Up
4 Night Teleporter
4 Poke Blower +
4 Poke Turn
2 Expert Belt
4 PlusPower
4 Pokedex HANDY910is
4 Great Ball

QTY NAME BASIC SPECIAL
3 Psychic Energy √

This deck is fast and uses the "EX" belt to its up most ability. Basically try to start with shuppet. If you don’t no worries. Use unown Q to retreat whatever you started with to the bench. Use the "Donk" Engine to blast your way through your opponents.

In this version of DONK use the great balls to get the r's on your bench before using the uxie drop. Then use the r's to draw and thin deck. Use the TSD's to get the R's back out of the discard and place the R's back on bench and drop the uxie again. Then just start drawing with the R's as you will have no bench space.

Do all your hitting with Crobat G's-blowers on the bench and use the plus powers- "EX" belt on your shuppet to smoke the active pokemon. You need to trust you will get energy with draw or draw a Roseanne’s. You need to play this a few times to really be able to anticipate what to get with your Roseanne’s.

Late in the game this does not get weaker it gets better. 90 dmg and back in your hand.

Last edited:
Back