(562) 868-2772

TIME
11 AM Store Opening (Registration)
12:00 PM (Round 1)

Player Caps
Due to limited space i will be capping the max amount of players per age group

54 Masters maximum
54 junior/seniors maximum.

Will be assigning tickets so arrive early. cannot exceed this amount listed above.

Locale has room for 54 players maximum at a time
so will be doing flights if this amont is surpassed to a max of the noted caps listed above.

Jr/Sr's if flights are instated will play straight thru so be sure have lunch beforehand.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Entry Fee

Free

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How to Sign-Up and Play
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
P
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]lease arrive onsite[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] no later than [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]½[/FONT] hour before the tournament start time. Thank you.

Players must have 60 card Modified Format Deck
(Diamond Pearl - Arceus)

Filled out decklist
http://pokegym.net/decklist/

Will have sheets provided at location, but event will run smoother with decklist brought to the tournament filled out

[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prizes
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Prizes will be awarded to the top two finalists in each age group (Jr's, Sr's, Masters) as follows:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1st Place = Championship Medal + 18 Boosters (Arceus)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2nd Place = 10 Boosters (Arceus)
3rd/4th = 4 Boosters (Arceus)
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tournament Format [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Modified, constructed (16 K value); Top 8 single elimination finals, depending on players per age group. will be adjusted as needed.

Number of rounds depend on number of entrants per age group.
[/FONT]

as stated at the league, am only going to be handing those out on saturday when i get time during the tournament, during breaks, if not on regular meeting on tuesday. not gonna be dealing with that before the event during registration

thanks to all that showed. was crazy at first but we managed to get through. finished at around a bit before 10pm so not bad considering could be worse. let me kno your thoughts on the way we did masters.

stats
54 masters
18 seniors
14 juniors

winners
MA - Stefan T
SR - Nikolas P
JR - Patrick M

Last edited:
had a blast at the tourney, felt good to play for a change!! went 2-3 (but I don't count my round 1 loss - so i broke even, 2-2)...good job to the staff and wandering judges!!!

:wink:

Other CA Cities?

I'm planning on attending another California City Championship, and I was wondering if this amount of time (about 12 hrs) was typical for a CA CC. I'm not a player in the area normally...

I'm planning on attending another California City Championship, and I was wondering if this amount of time (about 12 hrs) was typical for a CA CC. I'm not a player in the area normally...

what's the question?? having a little trouble understanding, what it is you're trying to say??...

How long does an average southern CA CC last? If you make the cut and get to the finals, it'll usually end around, say, 8 to 10 PM? And tournaments start at around 10 or 11 AM, depending on whether the software/computers and location are cooperating or not.

Of course you'll be done a lot sooner if few people show up.

usually if they start at around 10am they end around 6-8, but the store for this event started at 12 since store opened at 11am. so it ended at 10. also we did flights but i used a system where masters played during the jr sr's in parts so masters wont be bored and no time wasted.by time sr/jrs played their 4 rnds, masters were in rnd 3

How long does an average southern CA CC last?

Dunno about average, but:
GH 9:30am 103 people 8:44pm.
ES 9:00am 68 people before 8pm?
Bu 10:00am 58 people before 8pm?

Like Leo said, this store opens late morning.

Still not sure how we pulled it off....

Flighting is uncomfortable, but you guys did a great job. Thanks Leo & Comic Cult for holding the event and Migs & Roxxy for helping out!

It was fun Leo even more so with my 2nd place finish haha. Grats on the tourney!

Back