Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS Lugia Legend Revealed!

Best art in Pokemon, maybe, tcg in general need to see actual card.
With Delcatty maybe better than Sally and Blastoise

I was looking at this set and the numbering and the fact is it doesn't match up. If Lugia is 113 and 114, then if you take the 8 energy in the set, you are missing a card. I expect that the two secret rares will be in the set as secret rares, however I think that Shining/Red Gyarados is going to be card 115 in the set. It was released as a special card when the set was released and I can't figure out what else could be in slot 115. I just thought I would share this with everyone and see what they thought. :biggrin:

Drew

People seem to be misreading/misunderstanding the card. From what I can see of it, it says that Ocean Grow can only be used when you put Lugia LEGEND onto your bench.

And, whee, shining gyarados! Yes please!

Blastiose (Dig Well), Magnezone (Super Connectivity), and some Fire Pokémon with a broken Power that I'm not thinking of seems good...

EDIT: Typhlosion Prime seems to be a winner!!

You can do 200 every single turn...

Does anyone know the rule for how many Legend cards you can play? 4 of each half? 2 of each half?

Last edited:
Does it give up 2 prizes like the legendary dogs. I can't read that part. I don't know why it's water even though I always imagine Lugia as a water pokemon. This could be a fun deck with a lot of energy but nothing more.

Lugia and Ho-Oh don't give up two prizes, more than likely because Ho-Oh and Lugia (though made of 2 CARDS) aren't made of 2 different POKEMON.

To the above. I preffer Feraligatr and Typhlosion in the deck for energy, maybe as 3-2-3 Gatr 1-1-1 Typhlosion or 2-1-2 of each with 2-2 Legend Lugia. It gives the deck nice balance, yet enough OOmf to not be just a gimmick deck.

Really? Wouldn't Electivire SW + Energy Links and Gatr be a better solution? Personally I'm looking forward to running LBS mark 2.

Ho-oh probably not, since it's just essentially base set Charizard/Charizard SF in a LEGEND body.

But massive-overkill draws people for some reason, so I think at least a decent Lugia LEGEND deck will emerge. Maybe just a fringe deck, but the novelty of having Elemental Blast again will be enough to encourage it.

I doubt it'll bring back LBS though, what with the lack of Holon's Magneton/Electrode.

People seem to be misreading/misunderstanding the card. From what I can see of it, it says that Ocean Grow can only be used when you put Lugia LEGEND onto your bench.

Sad, but true. Lugia would definitely more workable if his power worked every turn. :nonono:

If I read it right Machamp would not knock them out since they are not basics.

Machamp does not knock out Basics... it knocks out Not-Evolved Pokemon.

The LEGEND cards are not Evolved Pokemon.

New LBS would be Lugia, Ty Prime, and Magnezone. You can attach a water energy manually. 'Gatr is not needed for ANY reason and I don't know whose idea it was to use him.

Blastoise could theoretically work, but you end up discarding cards, plus you need a way to get them back on your deck. Nope. Just get them straight from the discard with Typhlosion and Magnezone.

I know right? Im not sure if people are aware about that since they keep
bringing up delcatty... Unless there planning on ssu or just using it
as a 1 time deal?

So... LBS Mark 2 = Great Typhlosion (or Great Feraligatr)/Lugia Legend/Electivire SW + Electivire Lv.X. LET. With Energy Links. I'm PLAYING this deck. :wink:

Why it will have a hard time compete.

Lugia Player: Haha, with this awesome combo (yet to be tested and discovered) I can dish out 200 every turn, you are so dead bro!

Other player: Yeah maybe you can hit like 200 after a long set-up and a lot of turns, but I'll just need to attach this electric energy and this little tool to my Luxray Lv.X, drop a Crobat and I slam you for 130. Good game.

Lugia Player: NOOOOOOO!

Machamp does not knock out Basics... it knocks out Not-Evolved Pokemon.

The LEGEND cards are not Evolved Pokemon.

New LBS would be Lugia, Ty Prime, and Magnezone. You can attach a water energy manually. 'Gatr is not needed for ANY reason and I don't know whose idea it was to use him.

Blastoise could theoretically work, but you end up discarding cards, plus you need a way to get them back on your deck. Nope. Just get them straight from the discard with Typhlosion and Magnezone.

Are you kidding? I think Blastoise would be perfect! It not only gets you Waters to attach to Lugia, but it mills Fires and Lightnings to use with Typhlosion and Magnezone! I never said Feraligatr Prime was needed, that was someone else. You only need to mill 1 Fire and 1 Lightning for this to work because it only takes 1 each and Typhlosion Prime and Magnezone will take care of that for you. Don't worry about Waters because Fisherman is also in HGSS so anytime you run low on Waters that you would be manually attaching, get 4 back. That's gonna win you the game! The deck does need some tech against Machamp though.

Why it will have a hard time compete.

Lugia Player: Haha, with this awesome combo (yet to be tested and discovered) I can dish out 200 every turn, you are so dead bro!

Other player: Yeah maybe you can hit like 200 after a long set-up and a lot of turns, but I'll just need to attach this electric energy and this little tool to my Luxray Lv.X, drop a Crobat and I slam you for 130. Good game.

Lugia Player: NOOOOOOO!

I know, but it'll still be fun to play. :wink:

Intriguing. Suddenly the replacements of "basic Pokémon or evolution card" with "Pokémon" make more sense. Assuming it can be searched that way of course.

the lugia thing COULD actually work :0. if you had something with free retreat and a way to get back lugia LEGEND each turn it was KO'd that is. NM and TSD will help a ton. but the biggest problem is you need to setup 2 stage two pokemon just to get it working. with all the claydol hate this could be pretty hard

Back