Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Kentucky States Report

DragonairMaster8

Long story short, the only thing ive done with pokemon cards since January 3rd was judge the HGSS perelease. So the night before i put double colorless energies in my same old luxray/garchomp list and head out.

Round 1 VS Jeanpaul W/ Cursegar
I get a quick lead on him, but notice that after 12 turns....I draw no supporters. So I eventually run out of steam and lose.
0-1

Round 2 VS Shuppet
He played out his entire hand, played uxie, I sprayed, and we moved to round 3.
1-1

Round 3 VS Ryne w/ Flygon Machamp
He gets a bad start and I just roll him early. Sorry bud
2-1

Round 4 VS Gyarados
Dont draw a supporter, draw a roseanne, uxie for 5, whiff a supporter, go cry in a corner.
2-2

Round 5 VS Gyarados
I draw okayish, get enough of a setup to win, so i do. Him dropping 4 crobats in one turn legitimately made me laugh though lol (not crobat/turn/crobat/turn, 4 ACTUAL CROBATS)
3-2

Round 6 VS Dialga/Luxray/Garchomp
I knew I could outlast him if I got ahead early, so I got 2 ko's with a garchomp and finished it at the end with a bright look on his bench chomp and then dropping ambipom/gain/lightning ftw.
4-2

4 4-2's will make top 8, but I'm not good enough for that as both my losses lose their last round

Props
Seeing friends
Winning every game I played a supporter card in and had a semi-legitimate hand

Slops
I'm unhappy with this format :(. Back in the day you had cards like admin, scramble, and pow that allowed you to make comebacks. Now, if you don't start koing stuff like t2/t3, youre going to lose because your opponent will be and theres no coming back unless they misplay with an expert belt or something.

Seeya at nats (hopefully)

-James

Back