Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon 2010 VGC Support & Discussion

Wow.... i'm so upset! I was 3 minutes late to register for the seattle VGC and they didn't let me in! We drove from olympia and got caught in traffic and was 3 MINUTES LATE:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

First come - first served. There was proper warning to this. You have nobody to blame but yourself.

Well, yeah, a lot more people showed up this year, than last. My little brother got second. And the wait in line for the Seniors was too long. Then I lose to Trick Room in the 3rd Round...

^ Well, it stinks that there are people who do cheat and at the cost of a non-cheaters expence who did the actual hard work to be legit players. On the other hand, it is expected that some who attend will cheat or there would be no need to "random catridge check" players. Since allowing so many people as possable to play, the time it would take to check each particpants game would take forever. I hope there is a banned player list being kept, so as to keep them from returning and cheating again in large tournies such as the VGC-

i tried telling you guys to watch out for the hackers. =/

First come - first served. There was proper warning to this. You have nobody to blame but yourself.

actually no because there was new construction going on that wasnt really advertised. an accident on the freeway the night before caused some severe congestion due to workers having to clean it up + other construction. so wasnt his fault at all in any way.

thats what i changed my strategy to. kyogre (scarfed) with ludicolo, and so far it owns.
I tought smeargle water spout but for some reason it stinks when he does it.

Lol. Smeargle with water spout. That is not the normal set for sure. Every smeargle set i ever see looks something like:

Smeargle @ Focus sash/Choice Scarf
Fake out
Dark Void
Endeavor
Follow me

^ Well, it stinks that there are people who do cheat and at the cost of a non-cheaters expence who did the actual hard work to be legit players. On the other hand, it is expected that some who attend will cheat or there would be no need to "random catridge check" players. Since allowing so many people as possable to play, the time it would take to check each particpants game would take forever. I hope there is a banned player list being kept, so as to keep them from returning and cheating again in large tournies such as the VGC-

I thought something was up, right after the battle, but had mixed thoughts. I didn't want to go like, hey check this guy. Seeming that I was just a sore loser in case, he didn't cheat. Maybe they should just check the game, when the register. Makes the world go round. Eh, I have next year, though.

And possibly Nationals, if my parents fill out the paperwork and everything for my little brother. But, I just really plan on playing TCG.

Anyway, as for the rest of you guys good luck. Tell Ducks I said Hi.

YSL6q.Screen%20shot%202010-05-11%20at%2000:57:42.png

those bags. want! but had no time to join in the fun :< only went to nab eevee and had to jet.

edit: apparently those bags were free @ PAX EAST :<!

I wish the giant pikachu was there for the seniors event ;(

Lol. Smeargle with water spout. That is not the normal set for sure. Every smeargle set i ever see looks something like:

Smeargle @ Focus sash/Choice Scarf
Fake out
Dark Void
Endeavor
Follow me

I'm not using smeargle with water spout in my team if thats what your thinking. The smeargle was at full hp and it couldn't even ohko a ponyta.:eek:

@ timess= yeah, I know the mixed feelings deal. It is like when I host a tourny, and a kid comes in to play, two or three rounds later, the kid's pokies are hecked. Uhg, the mixed feelings issue bites, on both ends for the kid because I do not check each and every cartridge, and to the kids who got eliminated.
I have been in tournies where there has been hacked pokies, and lost to that person. I had the feeling, but do not want to "cry wolf"- and look like an accuser if it turns out that the pokies were not hacked. IMO- better to lose with pride by knowing I did not cheat, and stay reserved by knowing my skills and hard work will pay off even bigger in the future--
Anyways, I lost in the second round, I made a bad chioce to go against my own first instinct. The event was better over all over last year ( since I actually got to participate vs last year ( not complaining))- and Mike L. and his staff did an awesome job with a well structured tourny that makes me look forward to trying again to make it to the top cut for next year.
Good luck to all of those who are attending the other locations for the VGC, and I hope you all have as much fun as I did :)

Eh, my Rain Dance team, did pretty well I would say. 2nd Juniors then, 3rd Round Seniors. Could of been final Seniors, but oh well. Next year, I'm going to get a bunch of people to possibly just go around pwning all with Zoroark. hehe.

Anyway, who's going to LA?

Eh, my Rain Dance team, did pretty well I would say. 2nd Juniors then, 3rd Round Seniors. Could of been final Seniors, but oh well. Next year, I'm going to get a bunch of people to possibly just go around pwning all with Zoroark. hehe.

Anyway, who's going to LA?

can you tell me how many rounds are there in seniors?

Well, to get to the finalist lounge, it was get through the first 3 rounds. Then if you made it to finals, you had to go another few, until you lost. So What TRE had said. Seeing if you make it that far.

Actually four rounds I think.

Last edited:
Well, to get to the finalist lounge, it was get through the first 3 rounds. Then if you made it to finals, you had to go another few, until you lost. So What TRE had said. Seeing if you make it that far.

I betcha i'll make it that far.:thumb:

I went through 3 battles to reach the finalist lounge. However, I've heard some people had to go through 4. I'm not sure how they determine if you need to win 3 or 4 battles to get to the finalist lounge. I think it may have been people further back in line who had to win 4.

Back