Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tech deck- no, not the skateboard toy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The JL

Hi ive always thought about htis deck since SP toolbox won worlds and i thought if i posted it here what kind of responce id get.
So heres the list:

Pokemon (25)
2-2 Giratina(1let loose-1broken space blow-2 lvx)
1-1 honchkrow(2 dark stone-2 Sv)
2-2 luxray gl lvx
1-1 claydol
2-1 uxie lvx (2 set up-1 lvx)
1-1 mewtwo Lvx
1 crobat g
1-1-1 metagross SV
2 stunktank g
1 azelf la
2 unown q

T/S/S (219)
3 interveiwers
3 Roseanne's
3 Bebe's
4 pokemon communnication
4 poke turn
2 bts

Energy (15)
4 call energy
2 rainbow
5 psychic
4 DCE

Strategy: the main strategy is to set up a Giratina and metagross and bomb the bench puting cards in the lost zone. you can use luxray to bring up a claydol while you hit the big hitters on the bench and put them in the lost zone. if you need to you can use honkrow to put...say a baltoy and then put it in the lost zone with giritina.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Doesn't matter :p As long as you give me 75% of all the success you have with the deck :p
I'd cut the luxray, sniping isn't really important, as your main strat is spreading (amiright?) but i don't know what to replace it with.
Btw, how do you plan on getting honchkrow active, in order to use its power ?

i need to put in unown q
so ill take out luxury ball

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

anybody else wanna put anything?

Last edited:
Yeah, I was going to suggest Unown q. I do have a little bit of a problem with how few energies you run. I'd be worried about not being able to attach an energy first turn.

well, unown q is great and i think you are right, i need more energy, maybe dce, but what should i take out.

I think the power spray just looks like a dead draw as there are not enough sp's to be effective. I don't really get the metagross line, it just looks to clunky (replace metagross line and BTS with miasma valley.) I would also reduce the giritina line to 1-1. you also need just one skuntank. This opens up more spaces for energy. BTW also a member at LEEDS

I'm not seeing how this will grab energy when you need it. It's almost a T1 whiff on energy as it is.

Nobody can comment because this is a very non-standard build that has to, at least, be RedSharked and playtested.
There's alot of singles and it's not clear who you want the starter to be.

might wanna bump up your energy line... looks dead... instead of the rainbow, try Multi Energy, id go atleast 5 Psychic energy and 4 Call Energy, i beilive DCE would come in use, you really dont need Energy Gain... its not gonan help your attackers at all, so drop those for Interveiwers, and 1 Cryus and 1 BTS for 2 Pokemon Circl. to help pull up your opponets pokemon incase they dont bring up someone you want them too. Also if MEtagross is one of your main attackers your gonna need to beef up his line... your lines are very low.

thanks for the feedback so far:

comit- Cool who are you, i'm joe l the metagross is for spreading damage e.g. honchkrow to put a baltoy on the bench play down meta gross then attack with giratina to KO it and put it in the lost zone. i see what you mean with power spray i'll take that out but what should i put in, unown q? miasma will damage my dark pokemon!

rogue-the starter can be anyone, it doesn't matter! i have got red shark but nobody will play with me so i cant playtest it as i havent got the cards and my printer is broken so i cant print out proxys.

I would not use BTS in this I would use Rare Candy instead or even Moonlight Stadium

Multi Energy will be useless if you have to use it with a call, both together or DCE so use either 2 basic energies, The SP Rainbow energy or Rainbow Energy.

Maybe fit in one expert belt.

add in Azelf Lv X to snipe a key poke that you just cannot take out that turn 30 damage.

Thanks for all the suggestions gus, im taking them all into account!

black brock- you know what you are talking about! BUT i dont need pokemon circle as i already have luxray gl lvx and metagross isnt a main pokemon the main pokemon is giratina, metagross is just in there to lower the hp so giratina can knock out alot of pokemon with 50 hp (e.g. baltoy, gastly) and put them in the lost zone.

UFtroll-i dont need rarecandy as i only have one stage 2 pokemon, ill try and find room for moonlight stadium. i see what you mean about multi energy. ill change it to rainbow!

Thanks for all the suggestions gus, im taking them all into account!

black brock- you know what you are talking about! BUT i dont need pokemon circle as i already have luxray gl lvx and metagross isnt a main pokemon the main pokemon is giratina, metagross is just in there to lower the hp so giratina can knock out alot of pokemon with 50 hp (e.g. baltoy, gastly) and put them in the lost zone.

UFtroll-i dont need rarecandy as i only have one stage 2 pokemon, ill try and find room for moonlight stadium. i see what you mean about multi energy. ill change it to rainbow!

eh 1 candy or 2 couldnt hurt, might have metang prize and beldum and metagross in your hand lol, would just speed thigns up for with him, and honchcrow or claydol (emergency need of draw, it tends to happen time to time) no issues when you need to retreat without unkown Q im taking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back