Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

German Nationals, 3rd Place Report

Volt

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
I had my last exams 3 days before nats, so I was in a bit of trouble testing anything from UL. I always wanted to play Entei & Raikou Legend because of his potential to win games through one single attack (and it's cool). So a friend of mine (Timm Grandpair, Soul Seeker on the 'Beach) worked a list with 3 Communication out, and I felt really confident. We decided to call it "HentaiChomp", but in the end we called it Delta.dec all the way, lol. Friday evening I arrived at Yoshi's Place, but we played YGO instead of Pokemon and went to bed soon.

We got up early, registered, waited for ages, etc.

1. Round vs. Random.dec (IdK who):

He told me that this was his 2nd tournament, so I thought "let's get this over ASAP, I need something to eat!". I destroyed him in about 5 minutes or so.

1-0

2. Round vs. "Delta.dec" (Timm Grandpair)

I went first, attached DCE to Garchomp, 30 on Luxray. He drew, looked at his hand, and played 2 Turns to end the game. He showed me his hand, telling me that he can't do nothing.

2-0

3. Round vs. Gyarados (Forgot the name)

I Snap attacked his Azelf MT and killed 2 Sableye in a row with Uxie X. At some point in the game he played Azelf (LA), which I sprayed. One Margikarp was prized. so he couldn't kill a single Pokemon. I just killed random stuff to win.

3-0

4. Round vs. Gyarados (Matthias Luppa)

We know each other for 2 years, but never played against each other. The only supporter I had all game were 3 Roseanne's, which I used to search for Uxie and something, Set Up to draw everything but Cyrus. It was an intense game, but in the end I sprayed an important Uxie and won the game with Luxray X and Lucario.

4-0

5. Round vs. "Delta.dec" (Chrisowalantis Amanatidis)

My start was inferior to his one and in one point in the game I couldn't revenge kill his Ambipom. I also couldn't spray anything due to my lack of SPs in play (1-1 Lux, 1-1 Chomp and 1 Azelf prized..). I could have won the game with E/R Legend if he had missed the Turn, but apparently, he didn't, and so I lost.

4-1

6. Round vs. "Delta.dec" (Sebastian Hayen)

Sure, I like playing mirrors, so much fun... We traded some prizes, it was tied 4-4 and I felt very, very dozy and was about to quit the game, but got ahold of myself and made a plan to draw all my prize cards with E/R Legend. I attached and passed. He played Uxie for 5.. and I sprayed. He passed, I got E/R Legend out and destroyed 7 Pokemon in play, which means that I won.

5-1

7. Round vs. Gyarados (Michael Pogodda)

His start was bad, my wasn't, yeah.

6-1

So we headed over to Yoshi's place, all of my opponent's for the next day were in that car lol. We watched soccer, got some pizza and went to bed early (2 pm, YOSHI fufufufu).
After our beauty rest we headed over to the location and waited forever.

Top16 vs. Fabian Wiebe (LuxChomp w/ Froslass & Roserade)

Game 1: I knew that game was over after I looked at my hand: 1 Chomp C, 1 Cyrus, 2 DCE, 1 Egain, 1 Chomp C X, random. I T1'd his Chomp, T2'd his Lux, T3'd something else and after that he went to game 2.

Game 2: My start was very bad, and he also sprayed an important Uxie. I could manage to keep alive due to Uxie X, but he had Crobat and 3 Turns (After I sprayed one) to kill it after Flash Impact. Due to that, he wasted his Turn, leading to an late game E/R Legend that could draw 4 prizes.. he scooped, lol.

7-1

My Top8 opponent is probably the best SP player in Germany, next to me, that is :D, so I was quite nervous.

Top8 vs. Denny Falls Rodriguez (LuxChomp w/ Froslass & Roserade)

Game 1: Our opening was great, but I ended up in a better position after 10x Trade Off or so. He tried to Lock me up with Roserade (Azelf -_-) but couldn't do a thing late game. We also knew that he wasn't playing Ambipom, which I did, so he had to be careful to Dragon Rush w/o 3 Energys.

Game 2: He was in a very good position now, and I had several problems revenge killing him (Promocroak and other stuff prized and he kills something with Luxray X, great...) so he endend winning with a huge lead.

Game 3: I dropped my Legend early, and he got it up with Luxray X and locked it with Roserade. He had Promocroak and Crobat and I had Uxie and Ambipom w/ 70 DMG on it. I drew, Cyrus for Energy and Cyrus, thought for a second what would probably happen (I kill both of them, he Aaron's Promocroak back and kills my Legend) and apparently, we had Time Out! I though "LOL, 15 minutes are that fast?", but didn't want to burden. I benched Crobat, played Turn, and won with an epic Thunder Fall. What a game!

8-1

So I reached Top4, at least a Wii/DSi XL and a Trophy, yeah! But now it's not the right moment to celebrate, it's time to fight against the strongest GIRL in Germany.

Top4 vs. Gyarados (Yasmin Kiss) (If you read my BeNeLux Cup report, you know who she is)

Game 1: To keep it very simple: No supporter = no chance.

Game 2: I could've donked her, but she drew Sableye. I gained a fast prize advantage (3 prizes) and was positive that I could win. Apparently, I couldn't get rid of her AMU lock, so I used Thunder Fall. Sadly enough, I had to hit my Garchomp X on the bench, so she played Crobat Crobat Turn and smashed me brutal with 180 DMG ftl.

8-2

And here's where my dream ends, she couldn't hold back and ran yelling out of the room, I lounge back and felt happy for her. :D
I also had to play vs. Cursegar (I think I know that Deck quite good lol) but I'm lazy and don't want to write about it. I won. That's enough.

Yeah well, I'd like to join Hawaii, but I had to win the flight. Everyone, have a good time at Worlds, and enjoy that you're there!

Sincerely, Marc Lutz.

The list: http://px0.interessiert.es/decks/DeltaChomp.JPG

Last edited:
It's not comparable with Yoshi's Deck, that's for sure lol.

What's so good about LuxChomp w/ Froslass and Roserade? I know with Roserade you can bright look and poison bind, and Froslass is a Luring Flame but for Sleep. Is it just for Claydols? But then they flip heads and Cosmic? Or is it just so they can't Cosmic and don't waste a Bright Look, and Dragon Rush? What is it?

Congratulations !
Will you play the World Championship ?

Top16 vs. Fabian Garnier (LuxChomp w/ Froslass & Roserade)

Are you sure he wasn't the french Fabien with false hair who was trying to play a second National ?

What a mistake lol.

I can't, Hawaii is just too expensive.

gratz on top 4. could you pm me your list? i tried pming you but your box is full lol. you cant accept any more pm's till you clear it out =\

So I'm tired cleaning my PM box over and over again, I edited the list in the first post. If you have any questions, post it (no PMs please lol).

Erm... copying Giga Burn anyone? :biggrin:
When you sniped your oponent's bench empty before, that should be gg.
You can get it out in a single turn with DCE and Galactic Switch (it shouldn't be a problem to have both), so it's also a very interesting counter against literally anything^^

Back