Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lost Empire AKA Mew Rhyperior

Status
Not open for further replies.

t-dawg

Okay, I thought of this deck as soon as I read Mew prime's ability in Japanese but didn't want to post the deck idea until I played it at Cities so with a few best friends that helped me with play testing such as Adam Morgan I played it today and got 1st place! Beats/keeps up with top tier decks AKA LuxChomp
Deck List:
Pokemon-13
4- Mew TM "prime"
3- Sableye SF
2- Rhyperior Lv. X
1- Arceus Fire (Dialga G Lv X counter)
1- Drifloon (free retreat)
1- Drifblim (take away)
1- Dialga PL (Time Reverse PokePower)

T/S/S- 10
4- Pokemon Collector
4- Palmers Contribution
2- Pokemon Reversal

Energy- 37
14- Psychic
2- Fire
2- Water
4- Rainbow
4- Special dark
4- Rescue Energy
4- Call Energy
3- Double coloress (for Arceus's/Drifblim)

Stragedy: This deck I built that way i am ensured being up and hitting for atleast 150 damage second turn if started with mew third turn for sure if started with Sableye the rescue energy is attached to Mew that way if it gets KO by damage from an attack it will be put back into the hand this deck is very simple but I made it fast and very powerful so in either 8 or 9 turns all prizes will be taken. I have narrowed down the list of that way I can start with the cards I need most I have thought about delcatty mesprit unown Q and such but I dont want to start with any of those and then taking more turns then necessary to win

Last edited:
I saw this deck played at my Cities...it didn't end well, but I didn't watch all
the matches, just saw the end record.

Congrats on the win! :)
It looks like a fun deck!

I saw this deck played at my Cities...it didn't end well, but I didn't watch all
the matches, just saw the end record.

Congrats on the win! :)
It looks like a fun deck!

Thank you I was a little worried at first to play this deck but I was happy with the out come it was a really fun deck and it was SP either which I was glad

at a list i saw at cities, he also ran 1-1 blaziken fb which imo is a better dialga g counter. he also had 3 pokemon rescue, which considering your whole deck is basic, really helps out. you might also want to consider smeragle over sableye.

at a list i saw at cities, he also ran 1-1 blaziken fb which imo is a better dialga g counter. he also had 3 pokemon rescue, which considering your whole deck is basic, really helps out. you might also want to consider smeragle over sableye.

Yeah I relized that Blaziken would be the better choice so I am going to add it in I thought about Smeragle but if my opponent doesnt have a supporter in their hand that helps me it will slow me down also its a power and with power spray/mesprits would slow it down

Well, you can make useless little jokes, troll hard, and spew irrelevant stuff all over the place, but here are the facts:
The original post aimed to ask for constructive criticism on the decklist, as well as what Dialga G counter would work best here. Judging by how t-dawg worded his strategy explanation, I gather that he mostly wants that huge attack EVERY SINGLE TURN after setting up. I myself playtested a similar list in raw stages, of course, and also thought the raw power of 150+ damage a turn was insane, and worked best with lots of energy. This list almost 100% guarantees an unparalleled amount of damage at the end of each turn. Delcatty is a nice way to simulate having lots of energy by Powering them back into the deck, but in the end, it's just a proxy for cards that enable the huge attack, and a pretty risky gamble to take, considering this is already rogue deck, and also playing in a format with TGI Power Spray, and Mespirit LA floating around. You say this list is prone to dead draw and bad hands, and you'd be right, it is. Though, you should also consider the fact that this list is not so much a competitive deck as it is a giant middle finger to the current SP dominated format. The Sableye or Mew Prime start is necessary to take the win, and while having more options to search and better draw is nice with Delcatty and all the cards needed to run it, you risk losing the crucial opening, as well as reducing the amount of damage Hard Crush does every turn due to a sparse energy count.

TL;DR Delcatty is trash, play 4 Palmer's instead, run PONT to remedy a bad hand. Austino and CasaDelGato, go be trolls somewhere else, you contributed nothing useful to the discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
i played one at cities, it ran delcatty PL and dialga (the one with reverse time) to put energy on top of the deck

guarenteed 100 a turn basically

and didnt run near as many energies (still ran alot though)

4 Mew Prime
1 Sableye SF
3 Smergle UD
2 Unown Q
2 Uxie La
1 Azelf LA
1 Blaze FB
1 Blaze FB Lv.X
2 Rhyperior Lv.X
1 Machamp SF

Its the pokemon line so you dont dunk or have bad hands.

Don't run the Machamp. You one shot everything anyway, you don't need to waste a turn to see off Champ, so you can one shot SPs a different way.

Well, you can make useless little jokes, troll hard, and spew irrelevant stuff all over the place, but here are the facts:
The original post aimed to ask for constructive criticism on the decklist, as well as what Dialga G counter would work best here. Judging by how t-dawg worded his strategy explanation, I gather that he mostly wants that huge attack EVERY SINGLE TURN after setting up. I myself playtested a similar list in raw stages, of course, and also thought the raw power of 150+ damage a turn was insane, and worked best with lots of energy. This list almost 100% guarantees an unparalleled amount of damage at the end of each turn. Delcatty is a nice way to simulate having lots of energy by Powering them back into the deck, but in the end, it's just a proxy for cards that enable the huge attack, and a pretty risky gamble to take, considering this is already rogue deck, and also playing in a format with TGI Power Spray, and Mespirit LA floating around. You say this list is prone to dead draw and bad hands, and you'd be right, it is. Though, you should also consider the fact that this list is not so much a competitive deck as it is a giant middle finger to the current SP dominated format. The Sableye or Mew Prime start is necessary to take the win, and while having more options to search and better draw is nice with Delcatty and all the cards needed to run it, you risk losing the crucial opening, as well as reducing the amount of damage Hard Crush does every turn due to a sparse energy count.

TL;DR Delcatty is trash, play 4 Palmer's instead, run PONT to remedy a bad hand. Austino and CasaDelGato, go be trolls somewhere else, you contributed nothing useful to the discussion.

If you knew anything about this deck at all you would know that I have contributed mrore than anyone to any Mew Prime based deck. Palmers is is trash and you saying other wise means you know nothing about the deck. There was constructive criticism going on till it was all turned down with the ever so popular "mine is better". The fact is CC win or not. Go read the report and look at the matchups. There was 1 game in which he played a decent deck and even then the win from what I see can be accounted for player error. I am not calling anyone bad but realy? if your list is so much better than everyone elses and nobodies ideas are worth it why are you posting in the Deck "HELP" Forum?

Thank YOU!!! about time someone is making sense you understand what my take is on this deck its based off of getting the start you need and knocking out any pokemon that comes up justs like SP you have to figure that your active will be knocked out every turn so you have to be able to have multiple Mew's out if you play 2-2 delcatty and say that you played 1 uxie and 1 mesprit and smeargle during a game thats 5 spaces meaning that leaves 1 space open for a Mew so if it gets knocked out who do you bring up? If you just run Mew and Sableye and some kinda tech vs. Dialga or Mewtwo it leaves more space that way you can have a Mew ready to bring up after the active one gets knocked out. I may drop 2 basic dark and 2 psychic energy and add in 4 SnowPoint temple though or 3 Snowpoint temple 1 Dialga with reverse time pokepower

...or you can run starters and stuff like Delcatty which puts stuff on top of your deck so it makes up for it being there.

...or you can run starters and stuff like Delcatty which puts stuff on top of your deck so it makes up for it being there.

Then they damage them selves making them in KO range of a Dragon Rush and any great player would see those and KO them out early so if I have to rely on those to keep up the momentum then I would loose if it they get knocked out early and I wouldn't want that

Yeah but then mew becomes kinda useless if you cant get the right amount of energy to KO the Garchomp if you only hit 2 energy thats only 100 meaning its just going to get PokeTurned I would rather have 4 more energy rather then 4 more pokemon that can be potentially discarded anyways and a wasted space

BUt those 4 Pokemon get you energy back on top of your deck app. 4 times a turn. This lets you, if you get both Delcattys out, do at least 200 damage a turn, if not more. If 1 is out, you get at least 100.

Key word being "IF" i never had a problem with my energy though especially sense I already run 40 every turn I was doing atleast 150 I will try it out with Delcatty's again but I didn't really like them because I either started with a skitty or couldnt draw into the delcatty when I needed it

t-dawg,

I think we are on the same wave length. I've been tweeking and testing this deck for about a month or so now with mixed results. Mostly wins when I play it right.

Here's some of my ideas.

Recently was made aware of Drifblim (take away) as a Dialga G lv x/mewtwo lv x counter. Mewtwo isn't very popular in my meta so not too worried about it but need something just in case. I'm also toying with teching in spiritomb (darkness grace) to get the drifblim out. I didn't want a lot of TSS because most of the time they just clogged up the hard crushes. Can't tell you how disappointing it is to only do 100 to a recently dragon rushed Garchomp. it's happened a few times. The idea is to collector for drifloom, spiritomb, and unown q/mesprit. get the spiritomb active and darkness grace to drifblim. build up to takeaway, hopefully with a DCE then take away dialga G lvx/newtwo lv x and send up the spiritomb to hopefully slow down the dialga G return. And or use the mesprit to also power lock for a turn. hopefully enough to let you get a hard crush KO or two.

Other techs is fire arceus. I'm trying to keep as many basic techs that have multiple uses. Dialga G lvx and kingdra counter. I prefer fire arceus over houndoom G because fire arceus ensures OHKO even if dialga has special metal. I tried blaziken FB lv x but getting the lv x out of the deck proved difficult without adding in a lot more TSS.

Tried snowpoint temple but proved difficult to get out, clogged up hard crush, and provided little benefit. Mews were still OHKO.

I've tried solrock SV and luntone SV for lv x counters and the "look at top three" to see odds of hard crush damage. Not sure if that is a good idea. replacing them with drifblim/drifloom/spiritomb.

I also run Absol Prime as a secondary attacker and another way to get Rhyp X into lost zone. They also work GREAT as gengar counters. Gengar is HUGE in my meta.

Relicanth is a good tech for umberon/ SP (luxray GL). It's gotten me out of hairy umberon (moonlight fang) problems.

Am thinking about how to fit in seekers because there's enough bench sitters already and need to get them out of the way.

I like the delcatty idea but the problem is maintaining a low TSS and high energy count. running stage 1s require additional TSS support. It might be possible to run the delcatty line and to use spiritomb to get it out. My concern with a low energy count and the delcatty idea is how do you get the basic energies into the discard pile early game? If you're running a low energy count and you hard crush your chances of pulling only one or two energies is high and the one or two energies might not be basic thus requiring longer to setup the basic energy in the discard pile. While your mews are getting KO'd. I guess you could attach basic energies to a pokemon with a retreat cost and retreat it to get basics into the discard.

so my current list is:

4 mew
2 rhyp x
2 absol prime
1 relicanth SV
1 dialga PL-5
1 uxie
1 unown q
1 arceus fire
1 spiritomb AR
1 drifloom SF shiny (free retreat)
1 drifblim UD (takeaway)

4 collector
3 pokemon rescue
2 vs seeker
1 palmers
10 TSS

4 rainbow
4 sp dark
3 warp
3 rescue
3 DCE
4 call
8 psychic
2 fight
1 dark
2 fire

The vs seekers and pokemon rescues have worked out well for me because hard crushes put stuff I could use into the discard pile.

I haven't play tested with the below techs yet but I'm hoping for the best.

1 arceus fire
1 spiritomb
1 drifblim UD (takeaway)

I've been play testing myself against dialga/chomp. currently something like 0 - 10. These are solitare matches. Only a few of them are shut outs, a lot of them I'm able to get Mew down to one or two prizes left but dialga/chomp is so versitile. Shutting down the bodies for even only a turn or two hurts badly and the dialga/chomp is taking a prize each turn the mew isn't.

Looking for feedback and to exchange ideas. I tried talking to another mew player but all they wanted to do is hype there build. They didn't seem to interested in discussing strategy and other possiblities.

J

t-dawg,

I think we are on the same wave length. I've been tweeking and testing this deck for about a month or so now with mixed results. Mostly wins when I play it right.

Here's some of my ideas.

Recently was made aware of Drifblim (take away) as a Dialga G lv x/mewtwo lv x counter. Mewtwo isn't very popular in my meta so not too worried about it but need something just in case. I'm also toying with teching in spiritomb (darkness grace) to get the drifblim out. I didn't want a lot of TSS because most of the time they just clogged up the hard crushes. Can't tell you how disappointing it is to only do 100 to a recently dragon rushed Garchomp. it's happened a few times. The idea is to collector for drifloom, spiritomb, and unown q/mesprit. get the spiritomb active and darkness grace to drifblim. build up to takeaway, hopefully with a DCE then take away dialga G lvx/newtwo lv x and send up the spiritomb to hopefully slow down the dialga G return. And or use the mesprit to also power lock for a turn. hopefully enough to let you get a hard crush KO or two.

Other techs is fire arceus. I'm trying to keep as many basic techs that have multiple uses. Dialga G lvx and kingdra counter. I prefer fire arceus over houndoom G because fire arceus ensures OHKO even if dialga has special metal. I tried blaziken FB lv x but getting the lv x out of the deck proved difficult without adding in a lot more TSS.

Tried snowpoint temple but proved difficult to get out, clogged up hard crush, and provided little benefit. Mews were still OHKO.

I've tried solrock SV and luntone SV for lv x counters and the "look at top three" to see odds of hard crush damage. Not sure if that is a good idea. replacing them with drifblim/drifloom/spiritomb.

I also run Absol Prime as a secondary attacker and another way to get Rhyp X into lost zone. They also work GREAT as gengar counters. Gengar is HUGE in my meta.

Relicanth is a good tech for umberon/ SP (luxray GL). It's gotten me out of hairy umberon (moonlight fang) problems.

Am thinking about how to fit in seekers because there's enough bench sitters already and need to get them out of the way.

I like the delcatty idea but the problem is maintaining a low TSS and high energy count. running stage 1s require additional TSS support. It might be possible to run the delcatty line and to use spiritomb to get it out. My concern with a low energy count and the delcatty idea is how do you get the basic energies into the discard pile early game? If you're running a low energy count and you hard crush your chances of pulling only one or two energies is high and the one or two energies might not be basic thus requiring longer to setup the basic energy in the discard pile. While your mews are getting KO'd. I guess you could attach basic energies to a pokemon with a retreat cost and retreat it to get basics into the discard.

so my current list is:

4 mew
2 rhyp x
2 absol prime
1 relicanth SV
1 dialga PL-5
1 uxie
1 unown q
1 arceus fire
1 spiritomb AR
1 drifblim UD (takeaway)

4 collector
3 pokemon rescue
2 vs seeker
1 palmers
10 TSS

4 rainbow
4 sp dark
3 warp
3 rescue
3 DCE
4 call
8 psychic
2 fight
1 dark
2 fire

The vs seekers and pokemon rescues have worked out well for me because hard crushes put stuff I could use into the discard pile.

I haven't play tested with the below techs yet but I'm hoping for the best.

1 arceus fire
1 spiritomb
1 drifblim UD (takeaway)

I've been play testing myself against dialga/chomp. currently something like 0 - 10. These are solitare matches. Only a few of them are shut outs, a lot of them I'm able to get Mew down to one or two prizes left but dialga/chomp is so versitile. Shutting down the bodies for even only a turn or two hurts badly and the dialga/chomp is taking a prize each turn the mew isn't.

Looking for feedback and to exchange ideas. I tried talking to another mew player but all they wanted to do is hype there build. They didn't seem to interested in discussing strategy and other possiblities.

J

Yes I thank you for actually wanting to help. I like your idea!! Absol Prime is a great card and I have opted to play it but I dont have Gengar played in my Meta but I still have Sableye which could donk their poor little Gastly and also helps playing my pokemon Collector first turn. I like how you put in the Fire Arceus though thata a great interesting tech I thought about the Water one but not the fire:lol: I seen that you only run 1 palmers. The VS seekers will only be used for the Palmers Most likely anyways Your going to want atleast 3 because you have to get cards back into your deck sense your going to be discarding 30 cards to get 6 KO's with Hard Crush if I were you I would
Drop:
1-1 Driflblim line
1- Spiritomb
1- Uxie (your going to be drawing cards cutting down on your deck which you dont want)
2- VS seeker
3- Pokemon Rescue
Add in:
1- Water Arceus (Mewtwo Counter sense you already have a DGX counter)
2- Water energy
2- Palmers Contribution
1- Rescue Energy
3- Pokemon Reversal to help you bring up DGX on the bench
I hope this helps lmk on what you think

I thought about the water arceus but it is a 3HKO to mewtwo. by that time the mewtwo will have KO'd the water arceus. Plus takes at least 2 turns to power up. I think water arceus is WAY to slow.

I think the drifblim line is crucial. It acts as both a mewtwo counter and a dialga G counter. It can OHKO mewtwo with it's first attack and it can "take way" dialga G with it's second attack. The fire arceus overlaps with the drifblim to help provide maximum counter coverage. Since dialga G is the worst matchup, I think attacking it from multiple angles is beneficial. Having multiple counter options might increase your win probablity with this matchup.

I use to run more palmers but with the absol line as a second attacker doing 80 with a sp dark I'm not burning through the deck as fast. I don't just only use hard crush. If I can KO a crobat G with absol prime why waste a hard crush?

The VS seeker's are nice because if I need a collector or if palmers got hard crushed I can get it back. same with the pokemon rescues. hard crush dumps a lot of stuff into the discard and I feel I'm playing out of the discard pile more often. I actually use the collectors more to pull out all the basic pokemon which decreases the number of non-energy cards in the deck. which increases the hard crush damage output, in needed.

I didn't need to max out my rescue energy because of the pokemon rescues. The pokemon rescues worked better then palmers because the pokemon goes to my hand not the deck. I can rescue things that got hard crushed and I can get back my counters. This also combos with diala PL-5 by putting the basic fire or fighting back on top of the deck. Mews also get KO'd easily by other then damage. I can't tell you how many times a mew has been psychic restored for 40 then 2 flash bites next turn. the rescue energy doesn't help in that situation but the pokemon rescue works great.

um reversals? I don't like flippy.

The uxie is actually really useful. normally I just try to use it at the beginning to get into more cards but it also works well against gengar SF. Absol without sp dark does 70 + 30 to gengar SF leaving him at 10 HP. psychic restore next turn to avoid fainting spell. it can also be lost zoned to psychic restore a mew to avoid fainting spell. Lost zoned via absol primes attack not "see off."

I think you're right about the sableyes though. I'll have to try and fit them back in. my original list ran 4 sableyes then i switched to smeargles. I think in one game I pulled off like three pokemon collectors. sableyes just became absol prime food after awhile. but they have been handy when I can't draw into a VS seeker or another collector. I just didn't like impersonating for a collector then holding 3 basics in my hand then getting judged. That gets old.

I think you should put in another mewtwo and dialga G counter. one dialga g counter isn't going to cut it. suppose you KO the dialga g. they comeback and KO your fire arceus while setting up another dialga g. you might get one hard crush out then they have another dialga g lv x out and you've got no counter left and would take you at least 3 or 4 more turns to get your counter set back up but dialga G would have taken all there prizes by then.

I think your deck to TOO focused. I ran my first list almost exactly like yours. It ran great and I was rolling through everything, g'dos, lux/chomp, gengar, etc until I ran into umberon, dialga/chomp, and mewtwo. it was basically autoloss. those few cards shut the deck down hard. So the list you see is an attempt to cover mew's weaknesses while at the same time not reducing its strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back