Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Weird names for decks

I once played a Grass/Fighitng SP deck I called "The spectacular Donbat Turtspiquen Glicario Beepius Deck. (Bonus points for guessing what Pokemon it had.

^Donphan, crobat g, turtwig gl, vespiqueen, gliscor, lucario gl, beedrill, and some other pokemon that ends in -ius

All right. Hint= the -ius is a grass type, and it's not an SP.

Once had a Kingdra ex deck called Kingdrex. BUt I was, like, ten.

My Empoleon went by the name of Billy Ray Cyrus.dek for quite some time. POP didn't like that for the name of a worlds deck however. :/

I ussually prefer names that describe the deck.

My first version of Uxie donk I called "UR Donked" named for Uxie and unknow "R" in the deck yourself first turn engine and Uxie Loop. (The deck was before Crobat) Then I called it UR Double Donk and then Quadro Donk. But someone called it Uxie Donk and the name sticked.

I won wisconsin states 5 years ago with Lunatone - Solrock deck, and people couldn't believe a deck with only 8 basic pokemon could win. I wrote an article calling the deck "Moon-Rock." The name didn't take. The deck became known as called Luna-Rock.

Moral of the story, doesn't matter what we might name a deck, the name that describes the deck best is what it will be called.

What I would call a Luxray deck = Lightsaber

Light=lightning type
Saber=saber-toothed tiger (even though luxray is actually a lion, or something like that)

Sometimes for fun I choose the "My Favorite Pokemon" on SteveP's program as a different archetype than the one I'm playing, and I'll title the page as "RAGING GYARADOS" in all caps, for example. If you want to mess with the scouters...

Sometimes for fun I choose the "My Favorite Pokemon" on SteveP's program as a different archetype than the one I'm playing, and I'll title the page as "RAGING GYARADOS" in all caps, for example. If you want to mess with the scouters...
I solved that to by typing my title in french once.

Back