Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Proof there will not be a mid-season rotation to HGSS-On

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did a look through my league product coming up and Broken Time Space is definitely not in them. I am now completely confused as to where the OP is getting this from, since my next league product is done with Pokeathlon and its definitely Snivy season, and BTS isn't on my ordering sheet.

I think we have some bad information here.

At this point, I'm fairly certain we are getting SF-on as a midseason rotation.

Off what proof do you think this? P!P has never done a midseason rotation before.

They may not have done a midseason rotation before, but they also haven't faced a situation quite like this before. It really should at least be something they consider.

And yes, I don't have solid proof. Doesn't mean I can't stick to my guess :D

I promise that they will rotate. Quote me now.

Sabledonk is too good. Literally everyone's decks will consist of; 4 sableye, 4 spiritomb, 4 Unown D, 4 Crobat G.

Have fun.

The BEST reasons to support the odds of a mid-season rotation:

Dialga G- Deafen will now block Supporters as well.

Spiritomb- a PokeBody which will block all T/S/S

Gastly- a FREE attack which will block all T/S/S

These were never meant to be played in that manner and would lead to a very broken game-state if not rotated. I'm sure there are other cards if you search which could then be played in ways they were never intended to be played as well with the new B&W rules.

It will also make Vileplume a mostly useless card, to smart players anyhow, because NO ONE would want to block their own T/S/S for the whole game...

The new rules establish that any card previously referring to Trainers will now refer to 'Item' cards, so they won't block Supporters/Stadiums. Either way, they're going to have to make a move, or the format will be uninteresting and they will not sell new product (at least to the competitive market).

The BEST reasons to support the odds of a mid-season rotation:

Dialga G- Deafen will now block Supporters as well.

Spiritomb- a PokeBody which will block all T/S/S

Gastly- a FREE attack which will block all T/S/S

These were never meant to be played in that manner and would lead to a very broken game-state if not rotated. I'm sure there are other cards if you search which could then be played in ways they were never intended to be played as well with the new B&W rules.

It will also make Vileplume a mostly useless card, to smart players anyhow, because NO ONE would want to block their own T/S/S for the whole game...

Vileplume / Spiritomb / Gastly will have an errata of "Trainer Items"
Also if they don't do a mid season rotation but add the new rules, the games not gonna be fun. HGSS rotations would be the best thing to do in my opinion. Well all have to buy new cards weather we are new or old players. The older cards Pokemon don't make anymore money on, so it's a win win situation. Would be nice to see games without mirror matches or the same deck's over and over and over and over again. Some set up added back to the game, less 1-2 round donks, 3rd turn games not being considered slow, etc.... would be nice to have in the game again.

I promise that they will rotate. Quote me now.

Sabledonk is too good. Literally everyone's decks will consist of; 4 sableye, 4 spiritomb, 4 Unown D, 4 Crobat G.

Have fun.

unown D? 4 unown D? whyyyyyyy?

and 4 crobats? geez 3 is more than enough brah

I just did a look through my league product coming up and Broken Time Space is definitely not in them. I am now completely confused as to where the OP is getting this from, since my next league product is done with Pokeathlon and its definitely Snivy season, and BTS isn't on my ordering sheet.

So if you don't see BTS, what promo cards do you see?

Broken Time-Space is a universally great card no matter what the format is.

Given that, what absolute "proof" is this? It's especially not certain that there won't be a near-end-of-season rotation, such as pre-Nationals or pre-Worlds, but MD-on for a while longer.

Last edited:
to the higher powers of Pokemon, PLEASE don't make us play with a format with these rules for Nationals (and Worlds, for that matter)!

It is broken time space he needs to look at his order details, it is there and unless there's another card with the same name it is going to be a promo for the snivy season.

i run few leagues in no order summary in the my orders section was BTS mentioned.
never saw it either during ordering process.

I think Biggie said there was a problem with the system for some of the early orders that made it so BTS didn't show up on the order summary. You should still be getting it, and if you don't, I'm sure Customer Service will be happy to help.

With or without BTS being in all stage 2 decks. You still have to pray that all Sabledonks don't get their sableye's first turn. Otherwise you still out of luck and lose. To what is the most over powered deck in the games history. Even old school haymaker could not pull off this like this one can. At best they could donk you if you started a lone pokemon. Now you can donk with up to 3 pokemon in the field with 80-100 hit points. Seriously we need rotation or at minium a ban of the cyrus engine, pokeblower, pokeblower etc.

I do not want to see a Worlds Grinder of donk decks as that will be you only way. Even look down at battle roads it is unpleasant. I rather judge instead of play at this point as it will be more fun than face repeated sabledonks.

Now you can donk with up to 3 pokemon in the field with 80-100 hit points. Seriously we need rotation or at minium a ban of the cyrus engine, pokeblower, pokeblower etc..

With an Uxie Donk you can actually donk up to 3 high HP Pokémons if you go second. The only difference is now you can do it when you go first. Of course you can argue that Sabledonk is overpowered due to Sableye that allows you to automatically start. I agree but, as a large number of competitive decks will all run Sableye (Sablelock, Leviator, and much more), you won't benefit from it. Conclusion, Sabledonk won't be more overpowered and successful than an Uxie Donk.
My opinion is the new rules really benefit to decks that already run Sableye and Collector (Leviator is the good example), adding vey powerful donking capabilities T1 with the combination of Sableye/Collector/Unown Dark/Crobat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back