Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Format Change for Next Year - Possible Change for Nats and Worlds!

Why are people complaining about the format shift? Yes, you lose some of your cool and creative ideas now.. But who's to say you can't have your cool and creative ideas with a new and improved format? There is such a slue of new options that can be played with this format that could not be done before with SP's and donky decks being around.

And truth be told, all of the decks listed in Mr. Garchomp's post, you had 2-3 years to make these decks. Formats change, times change. Lets enjoy this new format! It's gonna be fun and different!

How can you say that? No one even knows what's coming...

You're right that I don't know the sets coming out, but I don't think we'll encounter very many issues with HGSS-on in 2011-2012 and I think cutting player's collections short one year would be graciously remedied by not rotating anything the year after.

Thank you, P!P.

Not for the format change (although yes, I am a huge fan of it). But for once again listening to the players and making a change where it is needed.

Again, thank you.

Would it have been that hard just to halt the rule change instead?

Now, those new players that wouldn't have understood the rotation during BR's simply won't get to play a turn of the game instead, should they not know enough about competitive play. Nice way to start...

It would have been slightly better if they didn't make a reprint set this close to a serious decrease in cardpool size.

I certainly don't mind the format change, but thess entire black/white shenanigans and the rules that come with it would have best served being released right after nats/worlds.

How it affects me:
- I am challenged to make a new deck
- I lost a lot of card money.
- I don't have to worry about superdonk decks.(This should never have been a problem in the first place -.-)

Battle Roads is going to be a mess. A "damned if you do, damned if you don't", Catch 22 sort of situation. At first I thought, "Everyone play Sabledonk and prove that donking is a huge problem," but as someone suggested, if everyone plays the deck, it wont matter. So okay, @Baby Mario, half the players play Sabledonk and half play Rogue. Or more realistic, half play Sabledonk and half play meta, (SP, Gyarados etc). The problem is, I used to travel 1 or 2 hours for a Battle Roads. There is NO WAY I'm going anyplace except my local shop for a tournament I'm guaranteed to lose for playing meta.

I was playing a game of League of Legends when this announcement came over my Skype. We were losing. The instant I heard this, I charged head long into a team fight with my allies behind me, destroying their side. You have NO idea how excited I am to see a diverse metagame possibly returning to this game.

P!P. I love you guys right now. PLEASE give us this HGSS-on for nats!

Do we need to make you a Dragonite skin for Alistar in celebration? I mean, not many champs should be charging into a fight when you're losing.

Also, many thanks to Biggie for keeping up with this thread and keeping us at least partially in the loop!

Do we need to make you a Dragonite skin for Alistar in celebration? I mean, not many champs should be charging into a fight when you're losing.

It was looking bad, but I gained some morale when we stopped them from taking dragon. I also play Amumu, so pretty similar.

Also.. Battle Roads is Battle Roads. Small K-value, play for fun. I'd certainly play a deck to set an example to guarantee that this format becomes less stale.

If. I'm all for losing gigas in exchange for a fresh format, noone should be complaining about decks...

On another notes not gonna lie that this announcement, though a mixed bag for me personally, has made my night. I've been waiting for this for months...

It was looking bad, but I gained some morale when we stopped them from taking dragon. I also play Amumu, so pretty similar.

Also.. Battle Roads is Battle Roads. Small K-value, play for fun. I'd certainly play a deck to set an example to guarantee that this format becomes less stale.

Dragonite skin for Dragon then?

OOOO Serperior for Baron!

This brings a whole new set of problems.. IS IT TOO LATE TO BUY TICKETS TO NATS!?!?!?!?!

LOVE THIS DECISION SO MUCH!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!

GREAT CALL!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

It would have been slightly better if they didn't make a reprint set this close to a serious decrease in cardpool size.

But don't you see that a reprint set was needed. There are actually quite a few cards in the set which many players traded off in lieu of cards which while older had a greater effect on the current meta.

Now with a possible shift coming up at least those players have the opportunity to pick those cards up again, whereas in many places they wouldn't due to lack of older inventory availability.

Waiting for +30 threads about what the nats rotation will be and if there's one. Joy :/
But Great decision! HGSS on will be a fresh, slower start.

There is NO WAY I'm going anyplace except my local shop for a tournament I'm guaranteed to lose for playing meta.

Who's to say that lack of attendance due to Sableye isn't one of the metrics P!P will be paying attention to??? Just sayin...

Back