Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BR Donk Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a donk today w00000t
It was a legit donk though.

He started Crobat G and I went first with Magnemite SF.
I attached a lightning, played BTS, evolved to Magneton TR, attached expert belt, attacked for 80. Win.
Although, if he went first, he could have donked me with a Garchomp C (after playing his Cyrus). He had the Doub and the eGain.

This donking business needs to end.

A guy today played Sabledonk and went 4-1. Luckily there were five 4-1 players and he missed Top 4.

Redmond, WA Battle Roads. We had a master go 3-0 with Sabledonk all first round donks. Then decides it is to easy and calls his work and asks if he could go in. So all three people he donked ended up getting screwed and he smiled and laughed. But the people he played he toyed with all of them knowing he had it won. It was embarrassing for the players and for those of us that had to watch it.

Longmont, CO - There were multiple decks running Sableye however only one Sableye deck stood out the most in the masters. It made it all the way to the top 2, replaying against the final round opponent which was Tomb/Reshiram/Zekrom. The final match prior to cut was played out and proved if the Tomb/Reshiram/Zekrom could get a Spiritomb and a Reshiram or Zekrom out, Sableye had no chance. So in the grand final, each game started with a Tomb and Reshiram, and the Sableye player immediately commited suicide via scoop up. Grand final (a best 2 out of 3 match) lasted 30 seconds (including setup).

This is wrong. When the grand final cannot even be enjoyed by either player or the audience, the game is badly broken. Thank goodness I was not playing today.

Playing in St.Albert Alberta today

Even tho I won with Reshiboar yesterday, I played sabledonk today since I had my crobat....it's also my birthday so I probably had some extra luck.

Round 1 vs Garchomp sv/Weavile/Ambipomb lock

He opens with lone gibble and I open crobat with uxie in hand and enough trainers to get the donk fairly easily. 10 second game easy.

Round 2 vs ?

She wins the coin flip and starts with lone Boufalant and revenges my crobat for 20. I don't remember what my hand was like but was able to get the donk relitively easily.

Round 3 vs Frealigatr & Samerott

I can't remember what he started but only had 1 or two pokemon. This game I actually started with sableye and donk for the third game in a row.

Round 4 vs Reshiboar with Tomb

He opens tomb and I open sableye with darkness energy and a bunch of trainers.....tis a shame I didnt have a crobat in hand for the win. I go to impersonate for my collector and get out regice, turns out I forgot to put it in the deck....great.
One his turn he collectors for a tepig tomb and reshi.
Long story short I'm unable to donk / keep up with the prize exchange. I scoop once my second dark energy hits the discard.

Before top cut I find out I put pokedex and not pokedex 910 on my decklist and am forced to switch them. Thankfully it didnt hurt TOO much, but it could have cost me huge.

3-1 2nd seed. Top 4 vs Zekrom. Ampheros. Rotom.

Game 1. he starts lone mareep and I start crobat, I lose the flip and he has a collector for zekrom rotom and smergle. I manage to take 4 prizes as he has energy shortage however after expert belting uxie and psychic restoring zekrom a couple times to set up a ko with sableye, he hits a crutial potion to avoid the ko. After a long drawn out game, I end up scooping while leading the prize count with two left to his 4 or 5 as i no longerhave any damage output.

Game two i start saybleye and he starts with zekrom and a mareep. My 7 card hand is 2 poketurn, a regice, good rod, 2 junk arm and a seeker. Despite going first i am unable to do anything, I impersinate just to shuffle cards around (not having a collector really hurt me here). I dont remember how the game developped from here, however I manage to get a uxie off a quickball / junk arm / q.b. i believe. At one point I was forced to attack an active zekrom with a single energy attahced with my sableye with ebelt risking losing it being ko'd should he get an energy. Luckily for me he wiffs, SSUs zekrom plays it on the bench, promotes smergle and portraits forcing himself to use my seeker picking up his rotom and ending his turn. Since he forgot to play rotom back down I play my seeker on his zekrom and ohkoing smergle.

Game three I start crobat he starts Rotom was forced to use PONT and hits a single basic. On my turn time is called however I manage to get seeker and donk with sableye.

Really a sabledonk game went to time?!?!

Finals vs Sabledonk-Cinccino.

He starts sableye to my crobat and unown r. He sets up t1 Cinccino with expert belt and DCE with two uxie and a crobat on the bench for the KO on crobat. On my turn I chose not to overextend my resources, and simply ko belted cinccino with belted sableye. He manages to set up a 2nd cinccino without the belt and net a return ko for his 2nd and 3rd prize. I also manage to return ko, using my last e-belt and darkness energy. Despite having his third cinccino prized, he nets a ko with 3 flashbites and a darkness energy on his sableye. With no energy left I scoop for game two.

Game two.
he opens with Mincino and unown q, i open crobat and choose to go first, and get the donk.

Game three.
I luckily start Sableye for the 3rd time today and override his choosing to go first.
He opens with crobat and uxie, and after a few minutes of fishing for the seeker and darkness energy I get the donk and the win.

5-1 (7-3 with 6 donks, 4 of which happened before they got a turn)

Everyone in the past has complained about donk. They still complain now. Now, since a massive amount of this format is now sableye or something else to donk with, it's no fun to be different. TO be different you have to play a random rogue deck, and as fun as that would be, it would probably not be worth playing at a BR. Even as a donk lover myself, I still simply don't like new players don't have a chance at all. I don't want to be winning all day because I am going first! I still want to play the game, and if donk really does rotate out this season, it's ok. If it doesn't, ok. I just want to see the new players have a chance. But if there were no players (obviously there are), I would kind of like this format. It's not that hard to live through a donk if you have descent luck. Try playing fossils!

You know, when you get tournaments that usually has 40 people that takes a steep dive to 10. It is a sign that whether or not Sableye is donking often or not. It is discouraging people from playing the game, and it is bad for business.

There are still some people liking the old format because they just play rogue, only this one guy who went to most the BRs, which spent most of his time in the tourneys mostly sitting around, walking around the mall afterwards, understood that this degenerate format must die.

I would be really surprised if Nintendo's number crunching guys look at the turnout of this pathetic BR season, and compare to the sales of HGSS-on sets and decide to make this format stay for Worlds.

I won 2 BRs with Sabledonk, going 6-0.

Round 1:

Game 1:

I donked.

Game 2:

I took all 6 prizes.

Round 2:

Game 1:

I took all 6 Prizes

Game 2:

I lost

Game 3:

went to sudden death, my opponent suddenly died.

Round 3:

Game 1:

I lost.

Game 2:

I donked.

Game 3:

I donked.

Round 1 :

I donked.

Round 2:

I donked.

Round 3:

I donked.

Just wanted to mention the reason I don't play a deck like this (Donk), is cause it is not fun to play.

I would rather play something that had no chance of winning, but was fun to play, for example a deck with cats called the Azumanga Daioh deck, or a deck with ghosts (not Lostgar) called the Spooky deck.

Just wanted to mention the reason I don't play a deck like this (Donk), is cause it is not fun to play.

I would rather play something that had no chance of winning, but was fun to play, for example a deck with cats called the Azumanga Daioh deck, or a deck with ghosts (not Lostgar) called the Spooky deck.

Fun to play until you don't even get a turn.

Went to Burlington, NC, and had a pretty ridiculous day. I decide to play LuxChomp, and throw in 4 Sableye and Unown Dark out of fear of Sabledonk. I didn't donk/get donked once in swiss, but, once we got to top cut, that changed entirely.

Top 4
Game 1: Donk
Game 2: A good game, he wins.
Game 3: Donk.

Top 2
Game 1: game's over in less than 15 minutes
Game 2: Donk.

I shouldn't be able to donk that much. Just ridiculous. TPCi, change the format. Please. ;/

Played Gyarados today with sableye in Burlington, NJ. Won the event with a 7-0 record and 4 donks.

Round 1: Pretty sure I played this game out.
Round 2: Donked an unown q
Round 3: He went first but I killed him on my first turn, so I'm counting that as a donk :p
Round 4: Donked a diglett
Round 5: Was one card short of the donk so I had to play it out.

Top 4: Opponent scooped to play in the side event
Top 2
game 1: Played it out
game 2: Donked the Mesprit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back