Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BEst/your top movies of all time?

How has no one mentioned The Godfather?!?! Easily my favorite movie of all time. The Godfather Part II is also excellent, but I prefer the first every time. Part II is easily Pacino's best performance, but Part I is a better overall movie IMO.

@ Porii Sames:
I will check out that movie sometime and let you know what I think. I hadn't actually heard of it before now, so it should be interesting to watch. Thanks!

@ vadersnemesis:
OMG! The Godfather! How did I forget that one? Both parts of the Godfather are amazing, love them to bits.

@ czech59:
I remember watching the "Land Before Time" movie when I was a kid. I had a huge Dinosaur phase during that time of my life, so at the time, it was easily the coolest movie I had watched back then.

Bridesmaides was like the funniest movie I have ever seen. Mean Girls was great too. Red Riding Hood was fantastic in my opinion. But I'm usually the only one who thinks so. I would mention things like Harry Potter or the Twilight Saga, but I think I only like them as much because I am a big fan of the books,

you think inception was overrated? the dark knight was easily the most overrated movie in a long time. batman begins was SO much better. I really hated toy story 3 too, but then again I hated all the toy stories so i guess it was only to be expected. i scoff at people who claim there are better disney movies than aladdin.

fight club is still and probably all will be my favorite movie of all time.

I watch... a lot of stuff.

MOVIES:

The Dark Knight - Just awesomesauce. Why so serious? (or Why So Curious?)

Batman Begins - Also awesome.

That Thing You Do - Ok, I'm a big musician, and I love music related movies. This one is freakin' hilarious, you've got to see it.

School of Rock - Probably my favorite movie of all time. Hilarious.

Harry Potter - Pretty much all of them. My least fav is probably Chamber of Secret, and my fav is prolly either Prizoner of Azkaban or Order of the Phoenix.

Lord of the Rings - I love LOTR, and the movies have done a pretty good job. The only thing I regret is that they skipped the Barrow-Downs part. I read the books when I was 8, btw.

Inception - Pretty sweet movie.

The Matrix - EPIIIIICCCCCCC

Toy Story 3 - I liked it ok.

Up - Awesome movie.

TV SHOWS:

Monk - Hilariyuz show.

Psych - Hilariyuz show as well.

MythBusters - Awesome.

BEST MOVIES EVER

#10 Kids (not for the feint of heart)
#9 American Psycho(read the book first)
#8 Wizard of Oz(my kids and I watch this 2-3 times every year)
#7 A Christmas Story( If you've seen it, you'll know why)
#6 Clerks/ Clerks2(really anything from Kevin Smith)
#5 Thunder Alley(best OK based movie ever made)
#4 Harry Potter (they are all fairly even, but my fave is the first)
#3 Apocolypse Now (Brando-- 'nuff said)
#2 Resevior Dogs (Tarantino always does amazing work, but this thing was made for less than $1 Million, Amazing)
#1 Breakfast Club (every time I watch this I go right back to my own Saturday detention days and get very nostalgic for high school)

Feel free to disagree but these are all great movies

I can't think of my favorite of all time right now, but my favorite recent one is probably X-Men First Class.
Quite good special effects, good acting, and overall excellence.It really explained how everything has happened in the more recent movies, like how Professor X gets into his wheelchair.
The only real gripe I have about it is how little Wolverine is in it. He's in one scene and he got the biggest laugh out of the whole theater in it, but still wanted more from him.

[/COLOR]@:Chrataxe

You have a nice taste in movies too. Braveheart is always great, but I srsly need to watch V for Vendetta and Memento. I always had mixed feelings on Beetlejuice.

HIGHLY recommend V for Vendetta, AMAZING movie.

Memento is awesome as well. When you watch you, it will blow your mind....kind of. Its not that "mind boggling," but the "art" of the movie is just phenomenal....best "made" movie ever, not the best movie ever made, if that makes any sense.

A few movies I forgot:

Remember the Titans- I'm with Czech, I enjoy pretty much anything with Denzel...though I wasn't a big fan of Pelam 123.

Phenomenon- I've always been a big "mind over matter" kind of person and I've always believed our minds are capable of so much more than we credit them for and this movie does an amazing job of conveying those ideas.

And, one of my ALL TIME FAVS, and I forgot to list it:

The Usual Suspects- Kevin Spacey is just AMAZING in this and I love Benicio del Torro's character. Another one of those must see type of movies.

---------- Post added 06/06/2011 at 08:07 PM ----------

I just checked out IMDB's top 250...I'm surprised to see Pulp Fiction at #5!

No one likes The Human Centipede????

Oh God, I've heard about that movie. Don't think I'd enjoy that very much. D:

Out of all movies, though, I'd have to honestly say that Lord Of The Rings is my favorite. I just love every bit of it. From the characters and actors, to the setting in New Zealand, and the story itself. I'm a huge Tolkien fan, so it's the obvious choice for me, really. I have the bad habit of comparing EVERY movie I see to LOTR, now. Haha.
(BTW, I'm refering to LOTR as one movie, but I mean all three. I just view it as one movie and book.)

The hangover. Nuf said........FINSH HIM!!! Best movie line.
Posted with Mobile style...

---------- Post added 06/07/2011 at 12:25 AM ----------

I can't think of my favorite of all time right now, but my favorite recent one is probably X-Men First Class.
Quite good special effects, good acting, and overall excellence.It really explained how everything has happened in the more recent movies, like how Professor X gets into his wheelchair.
The only real gripe I have about it is how little Wolverine is in it. He's in one scene and he got the biggest laugh out of the whole theater in it, but still wanted more from him.

Gee. Thanks for spoiling the movie for me.
Posted with Mobile style...

The Prestige is a good movie about two magicians who were friends until a magic trick goes horribly wrong.
I liked this movie alot. I watched it two days in a row.
It also has some good actors in it too.
Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Micheal Caine, and some others.

Back