Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

@Chompy
Don't like, Shuttle Loop and 'nado shut down 80% of Fox's gameplay? And Fair, Uptilt, Dtilt, Dsmash, Ftilt, Nair and Grab the other 20%? Nah but for real, I don't see Fox having a good MU against mk. Maybe if you're TKD.

Diddy is a whole other story though. Dat monkey

@Metaknight (Nasty)
Fox has great running speed to easily avoid the tornado. Plus, Fox can shoot lasers all day until Metaknight decides to approach and he is also very unpredictable in the air. Therefore, Metaknight can't really touch Fox thanks to it's FF speed and he can shinestall all day in the air f he wanted to. Being that Metaknight is a light character, Fox's Usmash can kill at roughy 100%, which is very early imo.

Metaknight can Tornado everytime Fox is in the air, and because of Fox's fallspeed he can't avoid it. Dair can break tornado, but only if the tornado is spaced poorly. Just like Snake, Metaknight can take advantage of Fox's falling speed by punishing his landing. Shinestalling is very risky against Metaknight actually, because Metaknight can threaten to Shuttle Loop. Fox's projectile is OK, but I don't see how it's better than Falco's, for instance. Especially in the Metaknight MU, Fox's laser has no priority to hinder Metaknight in his approach.

Upsmash is Fox's biggest trump card. Still, to land one you have to make a good read/catch a misstep from the Metaknight.

Yeah....I'm in no way seeing how Fox could be fav against MK.

While Fox can Usmash MK at 100%, MK can Shuttle Loop gimp, or hit a quick dsmash to Nair gimp.

Also, to the person MetaKnight, Falco's lasers are outprioritized by Tornado, so maybe that's where Chompy's coming from.

No.

Falco's lasers outprioritize Tornado :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4sApFh_-40&feature=related @1:37 exempli gratia.
Maybe you were thinking of Falco's Illusion 'cause laser beating tornado is very fundamental.

I just checked Smashboards.

If you tap B fast enough, Tornado gains priority, eventually to the point where it has more priority than lasers.

@vaporeon

Ehh...I guess I could see where you're coming from with Fox. Sonic might have speed, but he has terrible priority, and his moves in general are about as fast as MK's but not as good.

MK's Lucario matchup isn't the best, but it is still favorable, and Lucario just has really bad problems approaching MK safely unless you know Lucario inside and out.

MK does take skill to play as, so I'd assume that the people you are playing aren't very good, but you never know.

In SSB64, I've been known to 2 stock my friends, who are very good players, with Puff vs. Fox on Hyrule. It's still hard tho.

I do know lucario in and out. its the only character i ever use on brawl.

Yui's Fox is amazing, no doubt. But one good Fox winning against some Metaknight doesn't necessarily mean Fox counters Metaknight. The BBR agreed on a small advantage in Metaknight's favor iirc, which I personally think is fine. I see where you come from though.

@ Porii Sames
Source please?

If you know your character, you have no problem winning. Now, the MK vs Snake on platformers is just bad.

Uh...I swear on SmashBOards it said that...guess I'm wrong. Disregard tha stuff.

@MK agreed. In SSBM, me an my friends are quite competitive (constant Wavedashes, SHFFL, mindgames, spacing, etc.) but yet I can still sometimes beat his Marth & FOx with my Kirby. That doesn't make Kirby a good counter to Marth and Fox; I just know my character really well. In 64, I could beat my friend, who has equal or better skill level, Puff vs. Fox on Hyrule because I have studied the matchup more than any other matchup.

@Vaporeon: Yeah...kinda...but MK has NO bad matchups. I mean, c'mon. He doesn't even have any EVEN matchups. (save Diddy, Snake, Wario, or Fox on certain stages).

You may think you are "great" with KIrby, but the problem is that generally in tournaments...that doesn't pan out too well.

I thought I was good with Jigglypuff in 64, went to a small tourney, got pwned by a Pikachu main. Kept going at it.

would someone teach me how to make a new thread????

thanks before :smile:

to make a new thread, go to a section appropriate to what you are posting.
say you want to post about your favorite video game. you would need to go to the electronic games section, and click new thread, then type what you want to say, and click submit at the bottom of the screen :smile: hope this helps! (I know im not the best at explaining)

---------- Post added 06/17/2011 at 11:08 AM ----------

Where are these SSBB 'tournaments' at? are they like pokemon events? or are they like get togethers with friends?

Look up tournaments on Smashboards.

Some are local (Library Monthlies I go to), some are more regional, some are huge (Pound 4, Apex, RoM, etc.)

Sometimes I'll play like best of 13 sets with my friends, a money match here and there if I feel like it.

You may think you are "great" with KIrby, but the problem is that generally in tournaments...that doesn't pan out too well.

I thought I was good with Jigglypuff in 64, went to a small tourney, got pwned by a Pikachu main. Kept going at it.

This is why I say that I'm ok with a character because I'm far from the best.

Back