Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Speculative Set List: BW Emerging Powers

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your Dark/Metal section:

The Scraggy promo is part of a threesie (Pizzala promos). The Darumaka from that has already been confirmed to be a promo, so it'd be weird for them to split up the set. Also, Scrafty is already going to be in Hail Blizzard/Psycho Drive.

HOWEVER. There is a third Zorua promo (We're missing 2 promos and the one from the Strength decks) and there is a promo Klinklang. That would even your numbers out again. :)

On your list, you might want to go in and mark which ones would be English exclusives, too.

The new numbering system still breaks my brain :S

Only 2 full arts seems a bit mean but likely. There are a LOT of Pokemon getting their second printing in this set, which makes it a bit underwhelming as far as getting hold of new pokemon goes.

Maybe it'll be a kickass third set. Diamond&Pearl and Mysterious Treasures haven't really gone down in history, but Secret Wonders? Yeah!

Thanks to those involved in creating the list,
Stef

There aren't unreleased Snivy, Tepig, or Oshawott promos.

Also, putting reprints of Pansage and the trio in a set doesn't really make sense, especially since the three trio reprints are in the set already.

Well, there is the Tepig with Ember for [R][C] - it was released as a McDonald's promo, though in Japan it made it as the 'Journey Friends' promo AND a regular promo, which makes me think it could be reprinted. Additionally, Call of Legends is a prime example of cards printed in the same set with different images.

I do agree that something else could be in the set instead of it, but I would like some suggestions :)

Well, there is the Tepig with Ember for [R][C] - it was released as a McDonald's promo, though in Japan it made it as the 'Journey Friends' promo AND a regular promo, which makes me think it could be reprinted. Additionally, Call of Legends is a prime example of cards printed in the same set with different images.

I do agree that something else could be in the set instead of it, but I would like some suggestions :)

That Tepig was also already released as a tin promo. BW02.

Also, Call of Legends is not a prime example. If you recall, the in set reprints of call of legends mirror the full arts. The reprints were of Rare Holos numbered "SL##". This speculative list has them right next to each other, which has never happened, and doesn't make sense.

That Tepig was also already released as a tin promo. BW02.

Also, Call of Legends is not a prime example. If you recall, the in set reprints of call of legends mirror the full arts. The reprints were of Rare Holos numbered "SL##". This speculative list has them right next to each other, which has never happened, and doesn't make sense.

Ok, ok I agree, but what do you think would be in their places (between the green bolded confirmed cards)?

Well, I know that there are two Pansear and two Simisear. Maybe they will include both of those guys and make a new Simisage and pansage to mirror the sears from the Battle Theme Deck Victini?

I have updated this with new information (3 confirmed cards). The Gigalith looks to me like a '53', which is in line with my prediction.

I've removed the promo legendary llamas.

Never say Never. Most of the Tin promos are in a set somewhere.

I didn't say never. This is not a tin. They aren't going to release the exact same card in a set and a box. If they were, then one of them would have english exclusive artwork. The only known print, the promo version, is already used for the box. So, if it were in the set, it would be english exclusive, thus no longer the "promo" version as listed in the setlist.

Although; seeing as that leaves us two spots in either dark or metal, I think there are three possibilities:
a) we get another English exclusive Zoroark for the set
b) we get an alternate art of the Zoroark released in the box set
c) we only get 1 Zorua, and possibly a Scraggy/Purloin line?

I didn't say never. This is not a tin. They aren't going to release the exact same card in a set and a box. If they were, then one of them would have english exclusive artwork. The only known print, the promo version, is already used for the box. So, if it were in the set, it would be english exclusive, thus no longer the "promo" version as listed in the setlist.

Unless they do a repackage thing, where the "promo" is actually a set card. That's a possibility.

Because Bezrtic, Gothitelle, Catcher, Thundurus, Max Restore, etc. are definitely meh. :/ What do you want, another Stormfront?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back