Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on MegaRose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gota

First time putting a deck here, but any comments to improve the deck will be appreciated.
Some of you might recognize me on TCGO as Gotaway, and I only play online because I haven't played PTCG since middle school and has just got back into it months ago when I heard that a TCGO came out for this. With that said, please only suggest cards that exists in the online game if you can, so nothing like promo shuckle and tropical beach or anything else out there that I don't know about :x

So anyways, been testing this deck for around a month and have had great success with it. Just looking for opinions to see if there is anything else I can do to improve on it some more.

Pokemon 23
4-4 Yanmega Prime
2-2 Roserade
3-1-2 Vileplume
2-2 Sunflora
1 Cleffa

T/S/S 24
3 Rare Candy
3 Communications
3 CopyCat
4 Judge
3 Pokemon Collector
3 PONT
3 Twins
1 Seeker
1 Flower shop Lady

Energy 13
4 DCE
4 Rainbow
4 Grass
1 Rescue

Strategy is to lock opponent of trainers, while abusing Yanmega as you see fit on the opponent's field (either take out some bench/get bench units into ohko range). Put status on the defending pokemon with roserade while yanmega is doing the dirty work up front as the active.

Why Sunflora? It really really helps speed everything out in this deck and also has great synergy with Yanmega because you can choose to use its ability or not and get +1 card into your hand so you can easily manipulate your hand to attack with Yanmega. Also, it bypasses your own Vileplume lock to search for evolutions.

Why Yanmega-Roserade-Vileplume combo and not leafeon or others? Well I think that this one works the best because of several reasons.
1) Energy efficiency. Yanmega uses no energy to attack and is fast. So while you wreck havoc with Yanmega, you can attach energies onto Roserade every turn to load up her attack and be ready for mid/end game, all the while supporting Yanmega with status effects. This is possible because of Trainer lock so your Roserade won't be catchered and knocked out thus wasting your energies. Compared to other combinations, they aren't as effective because you would usually end up having to load energies onto 2 units, say, energy on leafeon to attack and energy on roserade to inflict the status. With no way to attach 2 energies at once, you would usually end up having to use the sleep attack on leafeon instead of being able to dish out the damage every turn. (plus, eevee being colorless can't be searched via sunflora)
2) Roserade has no damage cap. With all the Goth+Reuniclus and all those high HP pokemon running around, having a no damage cap is really really useful.
3) Roserade counters baby pokemon. Even if they flipped tails, Roserade can confuse them and thus they become vulnerable again because confusion and sleep doesn't stack.
4) Rainbow energy on Roserade means Pluspower. (Poison)
5) Trainer lock with Judge is pretty annoying for your opponent, all the while you are attacking with Yanmega.

So yeah, that's the deck I've been working on for quite some time now, was hoping maybe for some comments for improvement on it.

Last edited:
Unfortunately have to get lucky. But then again whats a card game without luck?

I have to set up plume and judge to keep junk in their hands. Twins help a lot with that. Also using Roserade to make them confused and poisoned. Again, luck is needed, hopefully they either flip tails and lets you kill with yanmega or they retreat and lose some energy. If and when they do not have a back up bench pokemon with energy set up/or if you suspect they can't set one up next turn, send Roserade for a ohko sneak attack when necessary, then retreat her back.

Its an uphill battle against those dragons, but they are moronically overpowered anyways in my opinion. Very satisfying though when I beat them :D

Any suggestions to make this deck better suited against them would be great too if you guys have any :thumb:

I thought about adding the green call Tropius (1 grass energy, flip 2 coins, each head search deck for a grass pokemon and add to hand. 1 retreat/80hp/fighting resistance) to speed up the start, tank and also help thin out the deck, similar to how water decks use mantine. Any thoughts about it?

Last edited:
I've been playing this deck for months, I understand it very well.

To get an edge over Zekrom you need to add +1 Tyrogue. You have to hit with Tyrogue and Place a Rainbow (Grass) on Roserade to confuse / poison it. This gives you a two flip survival chance. Baby Sleep Protection & Confusion. Tyrogue goes very well with the deck, free retreat and attack to combo with Roserade, similar to how Yanmega has free retreat & attack so you can attach to Roserade.

This technique also works against Magnezone Prime. Reshiram is similar.
Posted with Mobile style...

Wow thanks warbuzz, I've never even though of using tyrogue. I was about to just bite the bullet and go with a 2-2 zoroark for counters. I'm glad to get some expert opinions on the deck. Will try that tyrogue out once I find some time to play.

Thank You very much for the complement :)

Here's another tip to really boost your consistancy.

+1 Stantler
+1 Collector
So, it goes like this:

Scenario #1
If you start with Yanma, collector for Stantler, Sunkern, Oddish. Retreat to Stantler and use the first attack to place another Sunkern and Oddish on bench. You are now fully set up on first turn!

Senario #2
If you start with something other than Yanma, collector for Sunkern, Oddish and Clefa (if you don't have a way to get Sunflora) or Trogue (If you have Sunflora), retreat and use Clefa or Tyrogue.

---------- Post added 10/26/2011 at 11:34 PM ----------

Forgot to mention, there is an added bonus to using Stantler. He combos very well with DCE. Second attack does 30 damage and auto Confusion. So after you set up on the first turn, if you have a DCE just leave it active and attack with it, let it die and then you have access to Twins and more Bench Space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back