2 Pokemon Catcher
1 Switch

16 NRG
4 DCE
12 Psychic

Cards we don't have yet:
Tornadus EX – Colorless – HP170
Basic Pokemon
[C][C] Blow Through: 30 damage. If there’s a Stadium in play, this attack does an additional 30 damage.
[C][C][C] Power Blast: 100 damage. Flip a coin, if tails choose 1 Energy attached to this Pokemon and discard it.
Pokemon-EX Rule: When Pokemon-EX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 1

Aerodactyl – Fighting – HP90
Revived Pokemon – Play Aerodactyl on your Bench with the effect of Old Amber
Ability: Primal Scream
As long as this Pokemon is in play, your Pokemon’s attacks do an additional 10 damage to any Active Pokemon.
[C][C][C] Wing Attack: 40 damage.
Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Twist Mountain – Stadium
Each player may flip a coin once during his or her turn. If heads, he or she choose 1 Revived Pokemon card from his or her hand and plays it onto his or her Bench.

First Ticket – Trainer
First Ticket may only be played to determine who goes first. If you play First Ticket, you go first.
If your opponent also plays First Ticket, play Rock-Paper-Scissors to determine who goes first.

Ultra Ball – Trainer
This card can’t be used unless you discard 2 cards from your hand.
Choose 1 Pokemon card from your deck, show it to your opponent, and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Japan is playing BW-on right now, but this deck looks solid even in the current Meta. First turn 60+ damage, permanent plus powers in the form of Aerodactyl, and good use of Ultra Ball to get rid of First Tickets that you can't use. The original writer posted his strategy, and I'll do my best to parse the google translation:

Use First Ticket to go first, play RPS if your opponent also has one. Going first is a great chance to gain an upper hand against your opponent. Try to use DCE to "Blow Through" the defending Pokemon. You will deal more damage if there is a Stadium. If Twist Mountain is the stadium you have a chance to deal more damage and maybe even take a prize on the first turn.

If you do not start with Tornadus EX, then your stadium of choice will be Sky Arrow Bridge. Avoid retreating because this deck does not play much energy!

First Ticket cannot be used once the game has started, so Ultra Ball can be used to discard them efficiently.

The strategy of this deck is to go first and do as much damage as possible. It is really focused on going first! Tornadus EX is GREAT at dealing a large amount of damage on the first turn. Being able to do 60 or more damage on the first turn is a great start to your momentum. Sky Arrow Bridge is great for retreating your Tornadus EX so he doesn't get knocked out. What do you think of this deck? I wanted to keep the strategy simple, so beginner players could pick it up easily.

There isn't a whole lot to add here from me. I think this deck could be a good starting point for Battle Roads, assuming we get the cards listed above by then. Either way, this combo of Twist Mountain and Aerodactyl is something I haven't heard many people talking about.

I figured people would like a look at the Japanese meta, if you want to see me post more of these lists as they are posted to the Japanese blog, let me know and I'll do more of these write-ups.

Last edited:
It looks pretty consistent, but Idk how I feel about having a lightning weak EX as your main attacker.

Looks good on papaer, too soon to say imo.

Very cool. Thanks for doing this.

Interesting to see Bianca being used over Cheren. Guess it makes sense with the discarding for Ultra Ball.

I think the use of Bianca is also the fact that this is BW-On. So no Prof. Oak. A lot of the lists use Cheren and Bianca almost interchangably.

I think the use of Bianca is also the fact that this is BW-On. So no Prof. Oak. A lot of the lists use Cheren and Bianca almost interchangably.

Ah, good call on the Bianca.

It's funny to see Psychic Energy used. Mewtwo will be able to Psydrive for once! :lol:

Last edited:
Please continue posting lists like this from japanese blogs, its very nice to see other deck ideas from across oceans. I do like this deck a lot, the only thing i dont like about it is the fact that theres really not any energy acceleration on it so you can only get a DCE turn one for either 60(+10 maybe) with tornadus or 40(+10) with mewtwo. I can definately see this deck having a lot of potential as a great up and coming deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back