Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mewtwo, Darkrai, Rayqauza EX ALL to be tin Promos in Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, I wasn't trolling at all. I hope everyone now knows that I'm not one to mislead people, but again, I don't blame anyone for particularly thinking that. PokeBeach have released this earlier than anticipated, and even the type of images they've published is different to what we received earlier today, however they're still pretty awesome and we're glad you can now have a look! We have been instructed to not release anything yet, so we will be respecting TPCi's decision on that front, even if the tins have been released.

On that note, I will be exclusively revealing the theme decks from Dragons Exalted later tonight, and I've been given the go-ahead for that, so should be good :)

You aren't. Pokebeach already released them...

http://pokebeach.com/#fall-2012-tins-legendary-ex-tins

Decks are amazing though. Garchomp and Hydreigon are tier 1 decks atm in Japan so they should be worth buying.

You aren't. Pokebeach already released them...

http://pokebeach.com/#fall-2012-tins-legendary-ex-tins

Decks are amazing though. Garchomp and Hydreigon are tier 1 decks atm in Japan so they should be worth buying.

That's because I posted the above reply before Pokebeach released the information (regarding the tins, I only just posted the theme decks). However, I did get access to the higher quality images yesterday (not the sell-sheet that was obtained from an online-store) directly from TPCi. They instructed to not release until next week, so I'll still be respecting that despite the tins being out there already, unless otherwise stated. Either way, it's good for everyone now that the tins have been revealed regardless! :0)

As for the decks - They look cool. There's a lot of positive response surrounding them, so it's looking good :)

Last edited:
That's because I posted the above reply before Pokebeach released the information (regarding the tins, I only just posted the theme decks). However, I did get access to the higher quality images yesterday (not the sell-sheet that was obtained from an online-store) directly from TPCi. They instructed to not release until next week, so I'll still be respecting that despite the tins being out there already, unless otherwise stated. Either way, it's good for everyone now that the tins have been revealed regardless! :0)

As for the decks - They look cool. There's a lot of positive response surrounding them, so it's looking good :)

Well at least these images confirm the credibility/reliability of yourself and your sources with TCPi. I can't wait to see the higher quality images. Did you by any chance get the scans of the back of the theme decks? Hoping you can enlighten us with what the actual deck lists will be...

Well at least these images confirm the credibility/reliability of yourself and your sources with TCPi. I can't wait to see the higher quality images. Did you by any chance get the scans of the back of the theme decks? Hoping you can enlighten us with what the actual deck lists will be...
It does indeed, and I suppose why I wish to emphasise it being exclusive/first is to promote that very idea: That it is exclusive, and that we are reliable. We aren't here to promote false rumours/misleading information, at the end of the day. I don't blame people for doubting though, considering 'PokeCollection' is relatively unknown, but I guess it feels better knowing that people actually believe/trust you as opposed to the complete opposite.

I will release higher quality images tomorrow. As for the tins, though I do have the higher quality images, I am not permitted to release these until later next week. That may now change as a result of the tins already being released via Pokebeach, something which I wasn't involved with, but I will still respect the embargo we were personally informed of.

As for the deck lists, I unfortunately don't have this information nor the actual names of the decks, but I hope to follow up on this next week and I'll see if I can get hold of them. If not, I suppose there's some patient waiting to be done! Haha. Certainly looking good, though. For players and collectors, that is.

Chase cards come out. Prices are high. Serious players have to buy them to be competitive. Big tournaments happen. Same cards are released in a tin. The value on the cards drop. Other players buy cards at the lower price.

Do you guys really not see how this is good for casual players and bad for serious players?

Serious players are forced to buy cards at high value before a big event, only for the value in their cards to plummet when tins are released. Serious players are already taking a hit, because card value tends to drop after big events anyway, but this exacerbates the problem. I might have phrased things a little differently than FunnyBear, and a lot of you guys have a point, but he's not as off base as you're suggesting.

Better, perhaps, would be to release the tins before big events. Stores make money off the tins. Players get the cards they need for a better price.

This seems to me to be the best possible financial decision, though....

First, the so-called 'serious' players spend lots of money on chase cards because they need them to maximize their shot at winning. Great. Lots of money spent on pack sales.

Once this 'serious' player base has been milked for all it'll give, the cards are already floating around and primarily obtained via the secondary market.

Now, casual players will not pay some deflated post-worlds price for a Darkrai ex, because it'll still be more than $20 for a single card. But POP can still get these people to pay the most they're willing to pay by tinning the chase cards with booster packs, making a deal that attracts pokeparents, thus maximizing their profit.

I think it's outrageous that so-called 'serious' players expect to use chase cards at big events and then have them retain a decent resale value post-tournament. The reason you bought the card was to use it at the event. After that's over, the value's been expended. Why not tin it to scrape out the 'casual' $$?

POP has given you the opportunity to obtain these cards at a greatly reduced price; but then again, you want to use them at worlds, right? You've already benefitted by using them at states and regionals, right? Then you got the value you paid for. You paid to use them at certain events. Every 'serious' player knows that most of the value of a card is determined by when you own the card. Or do you want to buy my Luxray Lv.X? If you want the card during states, regionals, nationals, and worlds, you've gotten what you paid for. Don't expect to recoup your money when you're done.

It's a financially wise decision and one that's fair to both extremes of the player base, and I wouldn't do any different.

Third, TPCi doesn't care as much about the secondary market, and the subsequent fall in price. If anything this is a response to a number of people complaining that specific cards are becoming too expensive.

If I could parse and clarify your statement:

- TPCi has chosen to make the cards that a segment of their customer base must have (the chase cards) super-rare.
- This segment of the customer base must buy these on the secondary market at high prices
- TPCi does not care about the prices that this segment of their customer base pays and the subsequent fall in these prices due to TPCi's own choices (releasing them as promos)

Is that a fair understanding of your position?

This sounds an awful lot like TPCi does not care about this particular segment of their customer base, which would be a concern if true.

Well, this is great for them making money inherently twice (once when everyone freaked out and bought booster boxes/packs to get the cards, and twice because everyone wants the tinned ones), but I don't see this having long term success if they plan to keep it as a strategy.

Think about it this way. Would you sink as much money into packs and the like if you know that the big cards will come out in tins in a few months? This worked now because it was a surprise that hadn't really been done before (unless you count Yanmega and Dialga G X). But if they pull this stunt EVERY time there's a $40-50 card...

Think about it this way. Would you sink as much money into packs and the like if you know that the big cards will come out in tins in a few months?

People will continue to sink that much money in those cards. Why? Tournaments. People will still need to buy cards that high in price to have the best deck at any tournament. They wouldn't want to wait till after a big tournament (in this case Nationals/Worlds) to buy the tin pokemon for next season, only to have that card get trumped later and become useless. They want the card in its Prime, and at the main stage, not after at leagues.

For those who are interested.
The sell sheet looks fantastic, actually. not brilliant, but cool.

I also heard back from TPCi this morning and I've been given the go-ahead to release the high resolution images I was sent the other day. Will get those out shortly.

Think about it this way. Would you sink as much money into packs and the like if you know that the big cards will come out in tins in a few months?

I would probably sink more. (I count the packs in the tins)

I rarely buy packs, since I hate getting bad pulls. I try to buy as many singles as possible. I don't remember buying a pack on a whim in the last 5 years. All my recent pokemon purchases have been singles from T&T and 1 Zekrom tin. So if anything this is how TCPI makes money off me.

The sell sheet looks fantastic, actually. not brilliant, but cool.

I also heard back from TPCi this morning and I've been given the go-ahead to release the high resolution images I was sent the other day. Will get those out shortly.

Eeek, excited!

And yeah, that sell sheet is a lot cooler than some others, such as the Dragons Exalted one (the text on the blue background doesn't have enough contrast to be comfortably readable IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back