Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Buying full sets

dld4a

Feature Writer
Would anyone else like to see Pokemon sell full sets or individual cards? Of course they'd have to be expensive to not undermine the current sales model.

Nah, I think that's best left to the aftermarket... For me, it would ruin some of the fun of collecting. For them... Well, I don't really think they care enough

Would anyone else like to see Pokemon sell full sets or individual cards? Of course they'd have to be expensive to not undermine the current sales model.

$10 a non-EX playset. BOOM.

Or, $100 for 4-of every non-EX card in a given set. BOOM!

Or, $50 for an EX playset. BOOM!

There are SOOOOOO many ways to monetize this game, and I'm amazed that they won't use any of them.

So everyone's clear this is in the PTCGO so I'm just talking about online cards.

AnUnown - you wouldn't have to take advantage of it. You could still collect and trade like now with everyone who wouldn't be getting their cards like this. The vast majority of people wouldn't get their cards this way if they set the prices correctly.

Ryan - Wouldn't it would be nice for those of us who work too much to collect through the regular methods?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

that would be a stupid thing to do economically.
PTCGO=online cards
ways to get online cards
sell x amount of packs which gives a player x amount of packs online
sell x amount of tins/bundles/specials
TPCi/PUSA earns more money via selling codes in packs than it would by selling only online cards for a specific online market.
also,this would undermine the TRADING part of the pokemon TRADING card game.

example:
-player A is a teen whose parrents pay for his cards,trips etc.
A decides to play online,gets his parrents to buy him online cards,makes fun of other people who don't have many cards online

-player B is an "adult" who works for a living,pays bills,play PTCGO occasionally but not enough to invest a large amount of money,but does play the trading card game

-player C is a "normal player" who pays for his packs by himself,uses PTCGO as an additional part of the game and enjoys the trading part of it

So all in all:
-player A-doesn't want to get random cards,doesn't understand the "spirit of the game"(fair play,trading&making new friends,learning something new,having fun while playing...),used to getting everything he/she wants,just gets everything he wants from his parrents
-player B-someone who gets the spirit of the game,uses trading to complete his decks,a part of his/hers collection&knows how to trade quickly and efficiently with no need to get complete sets at once
player C-knows the spirit of the game,understands how trading works,does quick&efficient trading with the few packs he has got

Examples of such players online(my list) for some of you who might know them
player A-many of them,but i just ignore most of them
player B- "32914" on PTCGO
player C- "AlexManectric", me aka "podlasica" ,"matthew69", "EtownMaster" and some others

there may be other mixed categories but this is how i see it

jmho though

EDIT:
@bullados
Gems will be a payable currency for those players who will want to spend their money on avatar items such as deckboxes,sleeves and such.Gems will be tradable
@dld4a ,if you want to you can always get full sets for x amount of online boosters,i don't see why real money trades would have to be involved.

Last edited:
@dld4a ,if you want to you can always get full sets for x amount of online boosters,i don't see why real money trades would have to be involved.
It's the ridiculous amount of time and effort it takes to find, purchase, and the redeem codes. Then you have to open all the boosters. I just want to play this game online and I'll pay $200.00 (or possibly more) per complete set with 4 copies of each card. They could even make cards purchased in this way nontradable so as not to ruin the trading values of some of the cards.

Sorry, didn't realize this was in the PTCGO. In that case, I'd be a little more for it, though I think with trading coming along, it shouldn't be needed

Trading isn't the answer because it still takes tons of time if you can get anyone to give you a fair trade.

It's the ridiculous amount of time and effort it takes to find, purchase, and the redeem codes. Then you have to open all the boosters. I just want to play this game online and I'll pay $200.00 (or possibly more) per complete set with 4 copies of each card. They could even make cards purchased in this way nontradable so as not to ruin the trading values of some of the cards.

My friend gravybeast has almost all sets completed at least 3 or 4 times over (Not sure about secret rares and stuff like that)I could refer him to you if you wanted.

that would be a stupid thing to do economically.
PTCGO=online cards
ways to get online cards
sell x amount of packs which gives a player x amount of packs online
sell x amount of tins/bundles/specials
TPCi/PUSA earns more money via selling codes in packs than it would by selling only online cards for a specific online market.
also,this would undermine the TRADING part of the pokemon TRADING card game.

example:
-player A is a teen whose parrents pay for his cards,trips etc.
A decides to play online,gets his parrents to buy him online cards,makes fun of other people who don't have many cards online

-player B is an "adult" who works for a living,pays bills,play PTCGO occasionally but not enough to invest a large amount of money,but does play the trading card game

-player C is a "normal player" who pays for his packs by himself,uses PTCGO as an additional part of the game and enjoys the trading part of it

So all in all:
-player A-doesn't want to get random cards,doesn't understand the "spirit of the game"(fair play,trading&making new friends,learning something new,having fun while playing...),used to getting everything he/she wants,just gets everything he wants from his parrents
-player B-someone who gets the spirit of the game,uses trading to complete his decks,a part of his/hers collection&knows how to trade quickly and efficiently with no need to get complete sets at once
player C-knows the spirit of the game,understands how trading works,does quick&efficient trading with the few packs he has got

Examples of such players online(my list) for some of you who might know them
player A-many of them,but i just ignore most of them
player B- "32914" on PTCGO
player C- "AlexManectric", me aka "podlasica" ,"matthew69", "EtownMaster" and some others

there may be other mixed categories but this is how i see it

jmho though

EDIT:
@bullados
Gems will be a payable currency for those players who will want to spend their money on avatar items such as deckboxes,sleeves and such.Gems will be tradable

YAY I'm a "C"..... and while I agree with most of that I think Alex would be a "D" the same as "C" but she has never bought codes or real life cards.

Back