Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokémon TCG: Black & White—Plasma Freeze expansion revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cards in this set I'm looking forward to are: Kingdra, Super Energy Retrieval, Ghetsis, Rock Guard, FA Ghetsis, Shiny Sigilyph, Shiny Ultra Ball, Kyurem (Plasma), Latias Ex, Tornadus Ex (Plasma), Team Plasma's Pokeball, Float Stone, Shadow Triad, FA Juniper, Shiny Garchomp and Shiny Max Potion.

Players who like to foil out their sets will defiantly like this set, as FA Professor Juniper, FA Ghetsis, Shiny Ultra Ball, and Shiny Max Potion will be in Plasma Freeze. Although, of course there probably won't be six Shinys in the set, but I'm hopefully that both the Shiny items will be.

The name of Plasma Freeze should have been like Shocking Maelstrom to keep with the theme of Deoxys and Thundurus. "but no we have to drive the point that it's Plasma!" :nonono:

If they keep with the Plasma what-have-you, Megalo-Cannon is probably gonna be like Plasma Barrel or Plasma Tech or something like that.

Really, REALLY hope they split the shinies up or change the pull rate on them. Needing an average of 18 boxes - assuming you somehow manage to dodge duplicates - to finish a set sans-trading is ridiculous.

all of which are playable, and the bolded which will probably be $20+; both Full Art Supporters which will probably be $25-$30, and all 15 of the original Ace Specs and holos 7 of which are playable, would it be worth getting a case of Plasma Freeze for $529? I have about $300 saved up; and was originally planning to get a case of the upcoming Yugioh set for about $650; but after factoring that I was able to move my Plasma Storm stuff more easily then the stuff from my Yugioh boxes, I think this is a better idea. Am I on the right track about this?

Yes, it's always worth using your money to buy a case of Pokemon as opposed to using it for Yu-Gi-Oh.

Pokemon has the bigger investment, but is built around the use of in tournament play. :)
SO, if a card is used more often, it'll cost more, less costs less. :)
We save you money and we sometimes take it. Lol
But in the end, its all fun.

In direct association with our friends at The Pokémon Company International and Banter Toys & Collectibles, we have the exclusive privilege to unveil products from the exciting, upcoming Pokémon "Black & White: Plasma Freeze" TCG expansion! Scheduled for release in May, we can reveal that the boosters pertaining to the expansion feature Deoxys, Thundurus' Therian Forme, Bisharp and Absol! We can also reveal that Glaceon and Leafeon will grace the cover and contents of the "Black & White: Plasma Freeze" pre-constructed theme decks!

For more information, and images:
Video
Graphic

Hey, at least the Glaceon is semi-decent. Reducing all retreat by two is legit. Now all we need is a new age Vileplume UD....

OK, where are my speculation set lists now that we know at least 6 of the Pokemon in this set? We know 3 Eevees (if not more), the Bisharp line, Thundurus, Deoxys, and Absol.

We knew a dozen Pokemon from the set sheet alone. All of the Eeveelutions were confirmed along with several EXs. But we don't know any actual card numbers or the size of the set so that makes speculation a bit tough.

Plasma Badge in Plasma Freeze?

http://http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/3/3b/TeamPlasmaBadgePlasmaGiftSet11.jpg

Plasma Badge - Trainer
Item (Team Plasma)

Pokemon Tool: Each Pokemon can have only 1 Pokemon Tool attached to it at any time.
"The Pokemon that this Tool is attached to counts as a Team Plasma Pokemon."
You can use any number of Item cards during your turn.

It was given out at the 2012 Battle Carnivals along with Landorus.

I am really hoping Plasma Badge is included in Plasma Freeze, the timing is right and it would make certain decks more playable in a format that is soon to be run by the Plasma mechanic. Not releasing Plasma Badge before Nationals I think would limit a lot of people that would like to play rogue or a deck they have planned for Plasma Badge, to use at Nationals. Without it the only decks that will have a chance at Nationals will be Plasma mechanic decks, Blastoise/keldeo and Darkrai/Poison/Hammers. So PLEASE let us have Plasma Badge before Nationals and let all the decks have a swing at hanging with the sure to come Plasma run format.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Plasma Badge; just in case donk decks weren't reliable enough. ;)

Not that a three card combo (Colress Machine, Plasma Badge, Plasma Energy) is overly simple, but given players have been trying to make aggressive decks with high donk capacity already as well as tossing in a clutch Lugia EX for a surprise finish... well lets just say I am less than thrilled with that. ¬_¬

Oh, and to answer PokeChump's signature... Ghost-Type. You know* crossover fans actually have converted the systems from one to another, right? ;)

*Assumption based on own abandoned plans. Too lazy/scared to Google and find out.

With Plasma Badge + deoxys + landours we get a cheaper darkrai that's fighting

1) Lacks Dark Cloak or equivalent effect.

2) Four [DEL]Darkrai EX[/DEL] Deoxys EX would make Hammerhead into a much cheaper and only slightly weaker Nightspear, but I can see both the "Pros" and the "Cons" of trying for it.

Last edited:
Do you mean Deoxies EX? It wouldn't boost its Snipe, and Sigilyph will still own Lanorus/Deoxies every time, which in a few of my decks I run Pokemon Center to counter Virbank City Gym as well with Darkrai EX snipe and Landorus EX. In Plasma Freeze there's another hopeful of mine named MR. Mime, such a long past due tech card to be honest. I would worry more about a Plasma Badged Rayquaza DRX then a Plasma Badged Landorus EX. Then it still comes down to finding room for all of it and taking into consideration of Tool Scapper, and other Pokemon Tools you'd have to give up in a deck such as Landorus, or Rayeels. I couldn't see it working out to its most potential in a Landorus EX mix deck, more so of a quad Landorus EX. Any who I don't run too much to do with Derp EX cards, I've always loved going rogue and Plasma Badge would help rogue lots.

I've always thought of Kuriboh as more of a Dark or Ghost type as well. Maybe even a Insect type, depending on what he'd involve into. LOL.

Last edited:
Do you mean Deoxies EX?

Yes. :redface:

It wouldn't boost its Snipe, and Sigilyph will still own Lanorus/Deoxies every time, which in a few of my decks I run Pokemon Center to counter Virbank City Gym as well with Darkrai EX snipe and Landorus EX.

Those would be some of the "cons".

In Plasma Freeze there's another hopeful of mine named MR. Mime, such a long past due tech card to be honest.

Not really; running a 70 HP Basic Pokémon just to block Bench damage isn't that appealing to me; before we had more Mewtwo EX play; now we have T1 donks that can hits 70 without Weakness (though usually with Hypnotoxic Laser and Virbank City Gym). Decks committed to Bench damage will have a solid shot of forcing Mr. Mime up front (via Pokémon Catcher) and simply OHKOing it.

If by long overdue you meant several formats ago... actually then it would have likely been a lot better, and you are correct.

I would worry more about a Plasma Badged Rayquaza DRX then a Plasma Badged Landorus EX.

Why?:confused:

Then it still comes down to finding room for all of it and taking into consideration of Tool Scapper, and other Pokemon Tools you'd have to give up in a deck such as Landorus, or Rayeels. I couldn't see it working out to its most potential in a Landorus EX mix deck, more so of a quad Landorus EX. Any who I don't run too much to do with Derp EX cards, I've always loved going rogue and Plasma Badge would help rogue lots.

Remember, rogue does not exclude Pokémon EX; by its loosest definition it would include anything that goes against the norm, and even by strict standards it would allow lesser played Pokémon-EX or something that sees play but used in a new manner.

I think it will help some decks, but I really don't know if it will help established, played cards more than others.

I've always thought of Kuriboh as more of a Dark or Ghost type as well. Maybe even a Insect type, depending on what he'd involve into. LOL.

>.>

<.<

Forgot about Attributes. So Kuriboh would be Dark/Ghost.

Yes. :redface:

Those would be some of the "cons".

Not really; running a 70 HP Basic Pokémon just to block Bench damage isn't that appealing to me; before we had more Mewtwo EX play; now we have T1 donks that can hits 70 without Weakness (though usually with Hypnotoxic Laser and Virbank City Gym). Decks committed to Bench damage will have a solid shot of forcing Mr. Mime up front (via Pokémon Catcher) and simply OHKOing it.

If by long overdue you meant several formats ago... actually then it would have likely been a lot better, and you are correct.

Why?:confused:

Remember, rogue does not exclude Pokémon EX; by its loosest definition it would include anything that goes against the norm, and even by strict standards it would allow lesser played Pokémon-EX or something that sees play but used in a new manner.

I think it will help some decks, but I really don't know if it will help established, played cards more than others.

>.>

<.<

Forgot about Attributes. So Kuriboh would be Dark/Ghost.

If my opponent would much rather waste resources knocking out my poor little Mr.Mime then I guess that gives me 1 extra turn plotting a revenge KO. It's all in Theory but a lot has to happen if someone will catcher 1hko my Mr.Mime, early enough to make a difference before I set up as well. I did mean past formats. I do see it working in future formats as well. Maybe even in a Zebstrika trainer lock of some kind.

Let me rephrase, when it comes to T1 starting damage output I rather face the Landorus EX than Rayquaza going off of T1 active to active, but I think about it and find that Tornadus EX would be a nightmare. Plasma Badge-Colress Machine-Energy attach-Deoxys EX-Virbank City Gym-Poison Laser. 6 cards that can be drawn with the correct start, but any time in the game that'd be a pain to get over unless you could 1HKO Tornadus EX... Talking of the one from DE and taking into consideration damage for low amounts of energy.

Rogue is indeed not so much used cards including EX, you're right. I guess that's how I should of worded my paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back