Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

FLORIDA STATE Event

Chewie

Friday, March 22, 2013

State Preliminary Tournament & Open Gaming

Come join the members of the Southeast’s largest league for open gaming. Play, trade, enjoy.Want to make sure your deck is tournament ready, check out our deck garage. Fill out your deck list with the Decklist Creator.
Preliminary Tournament (Modified Constructed)
Start: 7:00pm
Price: $5.00
Prizes: Based upon attendance.
Pokemon Booster packs and other products will be given out as raffle prizes.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Florida State Championship

Start: 10:30am
Format
Modified:

Prizes (Junior, Senior, & Master Divisions)
TBD

Pokemon Booster packs and other products will be given out as raffle prizes.

Side Event (Following the Swiss rounds)
Booster Draft Events – $20.00
Modified Constructed Events - $5.00

Space Coast Conference Center
(co-located with the Holiday Inn Express)

301 Tucker Ln
Cocoa, FL 32926
Reservations: 321-635-9975
Reservation Code: Pokémon State Championship

You Need to CALL the hotel directly not the 800 number.

Last edited:
Can't wait to return to Florida for this event! Looking forward to see all of my Florida friends for this weekend.

I guess I should start making my travel & lodging plans. :biggrin:

Troll and Toad will be the vendor at the State Event.

Will TnT be buying bulk at states?

Will TnT be buying/selling on Friday Night? Some of us might be just a tad busy on Saturday to hit up TnT. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Is there a side event to win Deodorant? Or Deodorant door prizes? Can it just be mandatory in all large scale tournaments?

We haven't had problems with this issue in the past. I don't see it being an issue this go around. :p

Awesome, this is my first States, but I've been to quite a few BR-Cities and most end up smelling like sweat shops by the end of the day. I'll bring a new stick of deodorant just in case there is that one person sitting by me that forgot to lay it on.

I can remember a BR one time, walked in you got punched by the smell of old eggs and old people...

I have received request for hotel information as several of the hotels in the area are sold out.

I did find two hotels in Titusville with a few rooms left. The Days Inn at area code 321 269 4480 they will give a special Pokemon room rate of 49 dollars per night.;

Quality Inn 321 269 7110.
The have a few rooms left. I am not sure of the rate.

I have received request for hotel information as several of the hotels in the area are sold out.

I did find two hotels in Titusville with a few rooms left. The Days Inn at area code 321 269 4480 they will give a special Pokemon room rate of 49 dollars per night.;

Quality Inn 321 269 7110.
The have a few rooms left. I am not sure of the rate.

Nice, I will spread the word.

All right! I've got a box full of space-related snacks, I'm helping my mother with the packing, and I'll be ready to go as soon as I come back from work this afternoon. Wish me luck!

- Croatian "all systems go!" Nidoking

Well then...

What a great, crazy event.

The Staff arrived before 8am Saturday and finished by crowning the final state champion at 3:30am Sunday...

I want to thank the PTO's, the Judges and the Volunteers that help us put on the event. I also want to thank the players and their families that took time out of their weekend and their spring break in a lot of cases to come out and play.

ThANK YOU

Thank You!!! The players at the event you guys are amazing.

Katie, Marty, Anthony, Wayne, Rodel, Aaron, Gricelda, Brandon, Pedro. Computer people, runners and the helpers, You guys are the best

You guys players and workers never cease to amaze me.

YES, it was a very fun event. The people were awesome even though I didn't do as good as I wanted. The games were very very close and the people I played were very fun to talk too, and there was a couple laughs every match!

It was fun although one rule was broken. You ARE aloud to forfeit a game after it has been completed, it was inane of the judges to say the opposite. All he needed was a top 8, it was out of context to not allow it.

It was fun although one rule was broken. You ARE aloud to forfeit a game after it has been completed, it was inane of the judges to say the opposite. All he needed was a top 8, it was out of context to not allow it.

I would like to see this 'Rule' that you reference.

I was going off a ruling that was made last year at the 2012 US National championship, during a top cut match, that TPCi, Head Judge BDS, the 2 Masters HJ's - myself and Randy Miller made.

A game that is finished cannot be conceded after the game has a clear winner.

That is why I ruled the way I did, to remain consistent with previous rulings.

The Staff arrived before 8am Saturday and finished by crowning the final state champion at 3:30am Sunday...

Wayne, I'm up here in Illinois where we pioneered a 2-day event to see how it would go, so I'm curious....did any unfortunate events during your day contribute to the late finish? Or was it just business as usual handling that many players?

Wayne, I'm up here in Illinois where we pioneered a 2-day event to see how it would go, so I'm curious....did any unfortunate events during your day contribute to the late finish? Or was it just business as usual handling that many players?

We did have a couple 15+ minute extensions, but nothing that interfered that much.

Sheer numbers is what caused it.

8 rounds, plus 4 rounds of 75 minute top cuts... Late night...

We are looking at the logistics of a two day event next year as well.

Last edited:
Rule 10 is a bit murky in this area, but the consistant mantra has been that "games are decided at the table".

Once that final prize has been taken, or the final Pokemon knocked out, the game has been decided at the table.

The allowing for concession before a match slip is signed that you see in the rules only applies to "incomplete" games.

I am not a stranger to seeing a player, just before the final knockout, scooping and saying "you can have the win".

This is done VERY OFTEN between parents and children, and siblings. You proved you could beat them, you just don't want to.

Vince

WOW - 3:30 am is a LONG day for the players and the staff.

Back