Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Should TPCi release Meglo Cannon before worlds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setstage

The international branch has an opportunity due to the BW10 set being reprint set to synch up the Japanese and International card games. This would be huge for the game and opens up all kinds of possibilities for international play. It would remove hype from the secondary market.

If they release it before worlds but after Nats then worlds would be an untested format for everyone except Japan, however that would be the last time that is true.

There is also the off chance TPCi, even if they do this, won't follow Japans rotation schedule, instead opting for an arbitrary date after worlds with a forced rotation that the game isn't designed for. This would partially defeat the purpose of a simultaneous XY1 release.

Just my thoughts. Should BW9 be released before worlds?

I was under the impression that BW10 was basically a "Call of Legends" set with the idea in mind that X and Y would be a world wide release and everyone would be on the same page, same cards, etc.

if that's true, who would want this other than collectors?

I see merits of both but i think its easier for Japan to go back a format that they have already experienced than it is for everyone else to learn a new meta right before worlds. Though if rumors are true we will be looking at an even footing next year :).

It must suck for Japanese players to have their format extended so I could see them speeding up release so that the XY1 can launch closer to the release of x&y game but that is only about 1 month quicker so that puts BW9 release during worlds and wouldn't be legal anyway(1 month spread over 2 releases i think puts it around worlds?).

Last edited:
going off our normal release schedule, the English version of Megalo Cannon is most likely to be released early july giving us three months before October where the simultaneous first X & Y set is likely to be released.

Fun fact: there has never been a main English expansion set released in the month of July in the history of the Pokemon TCG (source). In fact, July is the only month in the year that there has never been a main English expansion set released, probably because it is right before Worlds.

You're not really going off our normal release schedule. You're making things up in your head.

Fun fact: there has never been a main English expansion set released in the month of July in the history of the Pokemon TCG (source). In fact, July is the only month in the year that there has never been a main English expansion set released, probably because it is right before Worlds.

You're not really going off our normal release schedule. You're making things up in your head.

They might throw us a curveball and pull off the good old shifteroo, that is, sets released in January, April, July, and October, but I doubt it.

This whole simultaneous release sounds cool and all, but its not going to be international like the games. The other languages that currently print Pokemon cards will still be behind unfortunately... At least Portuguese will be for sure and I would guess Korean would be as well. I think it would be cool if the release was simultaneous for every language similar to how the games are expected to be released.

Competitive players should be really happy about a simultaneous release. The added skill required to pick out the best cards in a completely new format will be huge.

I see merits of both but i think its easier for Japan to go back a format that they have already experienced than it is for everyone else to learn a new meta right before worlds. Though if rumors are true we will be looking at an even footing next year :).

It must suck for Japanese players to have their format extended so I could see them speeding up release so that the XY1 can launch closer to the release of x&y game but that is only about 1 month quicker so that puts BW9 release during worlds and wouldn't be legal anyway(1 month spread over 2 releases i think puts it around worlds?).

And we haven't had to suffer from filler sets? lol...

I dunno, assuming we don't have to suffer the filler set they're getting, Japan and US will both have the same time release for XY, which would be cool. Dunno about Europe, aren't they usually a set behind the US or something? Might have to compress their releases if you want to get them on the same track then...

And we haven't had to suffer from filler sets? lol...

I dunno, assuming we don't have to suffer the filler set they're getting, Japan and US will both have the same time release for XY, which would be cool. Dunno about Europe, aren't they usually a set behind the US or something? Might have to compress their releases if you want to get them on the same track then...

I believe French is just about to release Plasma Storm in about a month. I'm not sure about German or Spanish, but I think they are a set behind as well. It looks like Italian has Plasma Storm out already so they might not be far behind. Portuguese..... well, they wont have Plasma Freeze until late this year... They are just releasing Boundaries Crossed. So I dont think any of these will be synched. Korean might because it follows Japanese sets but I think they are behind a set as well. I wish it was all pretty consistent lol

I think if they compress their sets, it will be feasible for all of Europe to have a synchronized release. Except Portuguese cards. There is no way they are getting BC, PS, PF and MC all in before XY cards come out.

Well the UK and Ireland are in step with the US, our shop now has plasma freeze in. Would it not make more sense for megalo cannon to come out in august?

I believe French is just about to release Plasma Storm in about a month. I'm not sure about German or Spanish, but I think they are a set behind as well. It looks like Italian has Plasma Storm out already so they might not be far behind. Portuguese..... well, they wont have Plasma Freeze until late this year... They are just releasing Boundaries Crossed. So I dont think any of these will be synched. Korean might because it follows Japanese sets but I think they are behind a set as well. I wish it was all pretty consistent lol

I think if they compress their sets, it will be feasible for all of Europe to have a synchronized release. Except Portuguese cards. There is no way they are getting BC, PS, PF and MC all in before XY cards come out.

Sorry but you know nothing.... Portugal don´t have Portuguese cards, they are Portuguese yes but on Brasil, we already have Plasma Storm and today Plasma Freeze the national will be BW-Plasma Freeze, and we always have the sets at the same day as USA, for exemple I get Next Destenies Boosters 10 days before it cames out, in Gemany where I live know for what i know, they have Plasma Storm at the same time like Portugal, so they play with Inglish cards, and yes they realese the set in Deutsch 3/4 months later, but are not behind in sets to play.

Sorry but you know nothing.... Portugal don´t have Portuguese cards, they are Portuguese yes but on Brasil, we already have Plasma Storm and today Plasma Freeze the national will be BW-Plasma Freeze, and we always have the sets at the same day as USA, for exemple I get Next Destenies Boosters 10 days before it cames out, in Gemany where I live know for what i know, they have Plasma Storm at the same time like Portugal, so they play with Inglish cards, and yes they realese the set in Deutsch 3/4 months later, but are not behind in sets to play.

Considering you confirmed my statement that Germany is behind on German sets, you prove that I clearly know something. Saying I know nothing is harsh. I wasnt talking about English release in Portugal anyway... Portugal does have Portuguese cards even though they are not as popular as the English cards. I know people from Portugal that can confirm that these cards are distributed there.

Considering you confirmed my statement that Germany is behind on German sets, you prove that I clearly know something. Saying I know nothing is harsh. I wasnt talking about English release in Portugal anyway... Portugal does have Portuguese cards even though they are not as popular as the English cards. I know people from Portugal that can confirm that these cards are distributed there.

HGSS lol is the last portuguese sets there since ex-series emerald, is that what you gonna confirm, doesn´t matter the sets, we all play with Inglish cards, what difference make for who plays if the Inglisg set version is out?

HGSS lol is the last portuguese sets there since ex-series emerald, is that what you gonna confirm, doesn´t matter the sets, we all play with Inglish cards, what difference make for who plays if the Inglisg set version is out?

Either way, Portuguese cards are still behind and that is really all I was trying to say. They are more popular in Brazil so someone is getting screwed over by not having their sets synched up with English and Japanese.

French release schedule:

Plasma Storm FR: released this week (or 3 weeks before, thanks to supermarkets that don't dare about release dates).
Plasma Freeze FR: released at the end of August with tins.
"Next set" FR: released in November.

It should be the same for most European countries that have translated cards.

The reason that French, Portuguese and German cards are released so late is because Pokemon has to print out all of the Japanese and English cards first and that takes a long time as English is the second most popular language in the world after Mandarin. Japan also has to print cards for itself. After all this is done, it's taken nearly 6 months, so of course the French, the Germans and the Portuguese all have to wait for their sets. There is ABSOLUTELY no point in complaining about it. If you run the Pokemon company, then you can complain and make the changes but you'd get a lot of hate from everyone else who plays Pokemon TCG.

Complete nonsense here...
TPCi has nothing to do with the printing of the Japanese cards.
And the reason for delay is surely not some printing capacities. MtG can have a worldwide simultaneous release in way more languages than Pokemon is printed in. The important difference could be the one translation step more you have in Pokemon (Japanese --> English --> all other languages opposed to English --> all other languages in MtG).

The reason that French, Portuguese and German cards are released so late is because Pokemon has to print out all of the Japanese and English cards first and that takes a long time as English is the second most popular language in the world after Mandarin. Japan also has to print cards for itself. After all this is done, it's taken nearly 6 months, so of course the French, the Germans and the Portuguese all have to wait for their sets. There is ABSOLUTELY no point in complaining about it. If you run the Pokemon company, then you can complain and make the changes but you'd get a lot of hate from everyone else who plays Pokemon TCG.

You haven't made a single post in this thread that doesn't contain things you made up in your head and are purporting to fact. You even deleted your previous post where you make things up and post it as fact.

I understand why you would pretend like you know things to seem knowledgeable on these forums, but when you eventually grow up, you'll understand why others are peeved at your nonsense.

Yeah, it isn't even that accurate of a post. French sets were actually being released at the same time as the English counterparts for a while, but then Dark Explorers was pushed back for unknown reasons and released three months later than it was supposed to, and they've been three months behind the English ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back