Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2013-06-10 PLF Mr. Mime 047

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=54709]2013-06-10 PLF Mr. Mime 047[/gal]​

10/10

Love Mr. Mime! He's always been one of my favorites. In this format, who can afford to Catcher up for only one prize, but who can afford not to with many of the top decks relying on sniping to give them the edge. Perfect card at the perfect time!

Modified: 6/10
Unlimited: 8/10

Mr.Mime yet again has been an amazing blocker. Sniper proof, Earthquake proof. Who cannot appreciate this card? Forces opponents to waste away good trainers such as Catcher. HP and Attack is not impressive but with a flip of a coin and some luck can potentially be a saver.

Modified: 7/10
Unlimited: 8/10

HP is low excellent protector of the bench but i manage to use Seismitoad PF to 30 everyone on other benches

6/10

This is a tricky one to rate. It has a useful ability, but everything else (attack, HP, typing) leaves a lot to be desired. And I say useful ability because outside of combos (like with Seismatoad), it's just a tech. And even as a tech it only weakens things like Landorus and Darkrai. Landorus still does 30 for one energy and Darkrai still night spears for 90. Still good against a lot of other things that hit the bench, but it's usefulness is situational.

6/10

This is a tricky one to rate. It has a useful ability, but everything else (attack, HP, typing) leaves a lot to be desired. And I say useful ability because outside of combos (like with Seismatoad), it's just a tech. And even as a tech it only weakens things like Landorus and Darkrai. Landorus still does 30 for one energy and Darkrai still night spears for 90. Still good against a lot of other things that hit the bench, but it's usefulness is situational.

Don't forget Kyurem's Frost Spear - The star of TDK (BDIF)

Mr. Mime is an amazing tech into almost any deck in a competitive environment.

7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back