Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

EX Battle Boost - Will We Ever See It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cards I like outta this set would have to be Excadrill EX and FA Shadow Triad.

I really hope they mistranslated Juniper's Dad. Unless you have Pokedex-like knowledge of Pokemon physiology, it's nigh improbable that you'll correctly guess a Pokemon's height. I mean really...

Oh I'm sure everyone will have Lileep's height memorized by then.

I really hope they mistranslated Juniper's Dad. Unless you have Pokedex-like knowledge of Pokemon physiology, it's nigh improbable that you'll correctly guess a Pokemon's height. I mean really...

the mechanic is actually funny in my opinion but there will be at least one problem. Europeans uses meters for the height. If you play english and another european language cards, how do you solve it?

Also you cant play any fullarts because the height isnt printed on fullarts

Except as Basic Pokemon instead of Stage 1 and Stage 2 Pokemon like they should've been.

Correction... as Basic Pokémon-EX instead of well made and balanced normal Evolutions.

The Pokémon-EX mechanic at first seemed like a way to represent the often overpowered Legendary Pokémon in the TCG; they could be as strong as they are in the source material, but giving up two Prizes was supposed to help balance them out.

The thing is, Evolution is a major facet of the Pokémon franchise, and a defining characteristic of the TCG; cutting it is just dumbing down the game, not streamlining it. Many of us like lower Stages: Abra is adorable, Charmeleon looks wicked, etc. and if we skip to big Basic or bust they still get left out.

All of this boils down to a failure to properly balance their product; Evolving should be an alternative means of powering up your deck. You have to run Basic Pokémon, but you can stick to things that don't Evolve and have room for more Trainers/Energy, or you can use Evolutions that then need to generate similar levels of advantage. Stop making Pokémon that can quickly and efficiently attack for damage (let alone big damage) early game (at least not first turn, preferably not until a player's third turn). This lets you focus on "set-up" attacks like the game once relied upon... and creates a niche for Evolving Basic Pokémon. Make sure big Basic Pokémon meant as attackers aren't good at it those first few turns so that Evolutions have a real chance.

NOOOOOO I was hoping this could be my chance to own an imakuni card D: I've always wanted one since he was in the GBA game, well I guess I can still buy the single right? :)

Does Blastoise/Keldeo-EX/Ninetales seem interesting to anyone?

And they missed an important part of Imakuni?'s text: "Imakuni? wants you to play him as a Basic Pokemon, but you can't."

If your opponent has another one of the Pokemon in question on the field or in the discard, you can just check the height.

If your opponent has another one of the Pokemon in question on the field or in the discard, you can just check the height.
This, and if that card does see some play, I'm sure players will start memorizing the heights of commonly played cards.

the more I look at it the less it seems to me we are getting this set. first there's the Imakuni, second Pokémon enterprise would need new art, third juniper's dad would be a nightmare for worlds with having to deal with feet/inches to metric conversions, fourth it only has 22-23 new cards, taking out the previous 3 mentioned leaves us with 20 which really isn't enough to justify postponing X/Y cards for so long after the video games come out.

at best I hope we get another dragon vault mini set which 20 is the right size for, but then we haven't gotten the shiny collection yet and that came out before megalo cannon

Juniper's Dad will definitely screw with the format. I mean Cheren is broken OP and in tons of top players' decks right?

the more I look at it the less it seems to me we are getting this set. first there's the Imakuni, second Pokémon enterprise would need new art, third juniper's dad would be a nightmare for worlds with having to deal with feet/inches to metric conversions, fourth it only has 22-23 new cards, taking out the previous 3 mentioned leaves us with 20 which really isn't enough to justify postponing X/Y cards for so long after the video games come out.

at best I hope we get another dragon vault mini set which 20 is the right size for, but then we haven't gotten the shiny collection yet and that came out before megalo cannon
Why would the second enterprise need new artwork? :confused:

I don't see her dad being THAT broken.
We all know people generally play with the certain pokemon, so I mean there wouldn't be too many heights to remember.

I don't see Juniper's Dad being played in serious tournament decks, especially with Cheren doing the same thing except without the chance of giving your opponent the benefit instead. It could see some league play though, particularly by (and against) new players.

Why "Juniper's Dad" though? He has a name, Cedric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back