Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Flashfire Elite Trainer Box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadethian

Does such a thing exist?
I had thought that I had heard that from XY on each set would have an Elite Trainer Box, but I can't find any information on one for Flashfire.

That is correct, the ETBs have been every other set so far. However, our current [NON FINAL] plan is that Flashfire will be the last set that does not get an ETB.

Oh man that's such a missed opportunity.. everyone loves Zard; a Zard ETC (with Zard sleeves!!) would be soo epic. It might've been the first one I'd buy :(

That is correct, the ETBs have been every other set so far. However, our current [NON FINAL] plan is that Flashfire will be the last set that does not get an ETB.

So... I get the feeling ETBs have sold exceptionally well then.

However, I should point out that you might want to be careful here because having ETBs released alongside every single set might cause individual ETB sales to weaken, since they won't be as 'special'.

Well it looks like my tower of Magic Fat Packs, Pokemon Elite Trainer Boxes, and Yugioh Deluxe Editions will grow faster now.

Any news on what contents have changed with upcoming elite trainer boxes? I hope the energy pack is still there That's the most crucial element of the product, and when someone suggests to remove them, don't listen to them.

So... I get the feeling ETBs have sold exceptionally well then.

However, I should point out that you might want to be careful here because having ETBs released alongside every single set might cause individual ETB sales to weaken, since they won't be as 'special'.

I don't think elite trainer boxes are special, just like how I don't think fat packs from MTG are special either. Depending on budget, I would still buy every single ETB they would release anyway. You may say that ETB's are special, but to me, each single one they release is special in it's own way that warrants me to buy every single one they release, except the ones where they release 2 for one sets. In that case, I just buy one of the two. It just means that my wallet will have a bigger dent than before, but that money I will spend on ETB's for future sets that weren't supposed to have ETB's, that is, the May and November sets, were put into buying tons and tons of packs instead, so an ETB for every set is a welcome addition for me. Also my energy supply would grow faster, thus making it easier to build decks from the collection I accumulated.

Any future news on whether TPCi will release different special preconstructed decks every year or twice a year that isn't a theme deck or a world championship deck? An example of a special deck may be the trainer kits, or any other vs deck that contains 2 decks meant to face against each other. Another example would be the red genesect all holo deck. A third example would be the epic collection decks that were released sometime in 2007 that contained Meganium ex, Typhlosion ex, and Feraligatr ex. The Kalos starter set could be special, but to me they don't count as special decks as they were Legendary Treasures theme deck replacements, but could have fit into this category if legendary treasures had theme decks. Basically saying, a special preconstructed deck is anything that isn't a world champ deck, because those don't count as they aren't tournament legal anyway, and the theme decks released with every set.

I also want to discuss the OmegaRuby AlphaSaphire predicament. Will the sets be branded with that name, or will it continue to be XY sets come November 2014/February 2015? I really think that ORAS cards shouldn't be forced if they don't fit in with a set, but what would you do if Japan doesn't have any ORAS cards out by November 2014, and we all know that ORAS the video game is coming out in November 2014?

To be honest, I think the Kalos Starter sets should have followed the theme deck construction rules that have been in place since HS Undaunted, and should have had a mix of Legendary Treasures cards and the new Kalos Starter set cards, rather than being 2 beginning set half decks smashed together. For the November 2014 set, I think that it should be the last XY set, before ORAS begins, and just leave a 2 month gap between the release of ORAS video game, and the first ORAS TCG cards. I don't think that every media related to ORAS should be released at the same time anyway. There are plenty of media that doesn't release at the same time, and I don't think a 2 month gap is that long.

Last edited:
Well it looks like my tower of Magic Fat Packs, Pokemon Elite Trainer Boxes, and Yugioh Deluxe Editions will grow faster now.

Any news on what contents have changed with upcoming elite trainer boxes? I hope the energy pack is still there That's the most crucial element of the product, and when someone suggests to remove them, don't listen to them.

I don't think elite trainer boxes are special, just like how I don't think fat packs from MTG are special either. Depending on budget, I would still buy every single ETB they would release anyway. You may say that ETB's are special, but to me, each single one they release is special in it's own way that warrants me to buy every single one they release, except the ones where they release 2 for one sets. In that case, I just buy one of the two. It just means that my wallet will have a bigger dent than before, but that money I will spend on ETB's for future sets that weren't supposed to have ETB's, that is, the May and November sets, were put into buying tons and tons of packs instead, so an ETB for every set is a welcome addition for me. Also my energy supply would grow faster, thus making it easier to build decks from the collection I accumulated.

Any future news on whether TPCi will release different special preconstructed decks every year or twice a year that isn't a theme deck or a world championship deck? An example of a special deck may be the trainer kits, or any other vs deck that contains 2 decks meant to face against each other. Another example would be the red genesect all holo deck. A third example would be the epic collection decks that were released sometime in 2007 that contained Meganium ex, Typhlosion ex, and Feraligatr ex. The Kalos starter set could be special, but to me they don't count as special decks as they were Legendary Treasures theme deck replacements, but could have fit into this category if legendary treasures had theme decks.
I would buy every ETB as well, Im sad I missed the Plasma Storm one, as It was before I started playing again. May pick one up off amazon even though theyre...expensive as hell now.
In any case, I love the ETB for the sleeves, storage,and energies. If you had released two for flashfire(Zard X and Y) I would've bought both. It would be pretty cool to have deckboxes in them again though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back