Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for May 31, 2018

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, May 31st, 2018
(Added May 24th & May 31st Rulings)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* May 10th, 2018 -- No New Rulings!! --
* May 17th, 2018 -- No New Rulings!! --
* May 24th, 2018 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --
* May 31st, 2018 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON ABILITIES

== OMEGA BARRIER (various - XY: Primal Clash)

Q. I have 3 Pokemon on my Bench, and 1 of them has the "Omega Barrier" Ancient Trait. My opponent plays Cyrus {*}, and I choose to keep the 2 Pokemon that don't have "Omega Barrier". Does the Pokemon with "Omega Barrier" get shuffled into my deck?
A. Yes, it does. The effect of Cyrus {*} is on the player, not on the Pokemon with Omega Barrier. (May 31, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== EAT SLOPPILY (Guzzlord GX - SM: Crimson Invasion)

Q. If I use Guzzlord GX's "Eat Sloppily" attack and discard a Beast Energy {*} card, would it get attached to the Guzzlord GX, or would it go straight to the Lost Zone because it was discarded?
A. When "discarding the top 5 cards of your deck", any revealed Energy cards get attached to Guzzlord GX immediately, before they reach the Discard Pile. Therefore, Beast Energy {*} gets attached to Guzzlord GX rather than going to the Discard Pile or Lost Zone. (May 31, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== GAIA VOLCANO (Primal Groudon - XY: Primal Clash)

Q. If Lysandre Labs is in play and I use Primal Groudon's "Gaia Volcano" attack to discard the stadium and do enough damage for KO, what happens if the full HP Fighting-type Defending Pokemon has Focus Sash attached to it?
A. While Lysandre Labs is in play Focus Sash has no effect. However, Lysandre Labs is discarded as part of the attack before KO's are checked. So the Focus Sash would be in effect and if all of its conditions are met the Defending Pokemon is not KO'd but has 10HP remaining. (May 31, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== STELLAR REIGN (Shining Jirachi - Shining Legends)

Q. What happens if Shining Jirachi with Choice Band attached uses its "Stellar Reign" attack against an undamaged, evolved, Lucario GX with Focus Sash attached? Does Focus Sash save the Pokemon from a KO?
A. During the attack Stellar Reign would do 80 damage (10 for the attack plus 30 for the Choice Band, then times 2 for Weakness). Then the devolution part of Stellar Reign would return all Evolution cards to the opponent's hand. However, when KO's are checked the devolved Pokemon is not the same Pokemon that was attacked, so Focus Sash would not protect the newly devolved Pokemon. The original Pokemon took damage from the attack, and the lower Stage just happens to have enough damage on it for a KO. (May 31, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== WATCH AND LEARN (Sudowoodo - XY: BREAKPoint}

Q. Can I use Sudowoodo's "Watch and Learn" attack to copy an opponent's GX Attack used on their previous turn? If yes, does this count as my GX Attack for the game? And if I have already used my GX Attack for the game, does the "Watch and Learn" attack fail?
A. Yes, yes, and sort of. If you have already used your GX Attack you can still use Watch and Learn, but the effect of the copied GX Attack would fail. (May 24, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== CYRUS {*} (SM: Ultra Prism)

Q. I have 3 Pokemon on my Bench, and 1 of them has the "Omega Barrier" Ancient Trait. My opponent plays Cyrus {*}, and I choose to keep the 2 Pokemon that don't have "Omega Barrier". Does the Pokemon with "Omega Barrier" get shuffled into my deck?
A. Yes, it does. The effect of Cyrus {*} is on the player, not on the Pokemon with Omega Barrier. (May 31, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== FOCUS SASH (XY: Furious Fists)

Q. If Lysandre Labs is in play and I use Primal Groudon's "Gaia Volcano" attack to discard the stadium and do enough damage for KO, what happens if the full HP Fighting-type Defending Pokemon has Focus Sash attached to it?
A. While Lysandre Labs is in play Focus Sash has no effect. However, Lysandre Labs is discarded as part of the attack before KO's are checked. So the Focus Sash would be in effect and if all of its conditions are met the Defending Pokemon is not KO'd but has 10HP remaining. (May 31, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. What happens if Shining Jirachi with Choice Band attached uses its "Stellar Reign" attack against an undamaged, evolved, Lucario GX with Focus Sash attached? Does Focus Sash save the Pokemon from a KO?
A. During the attack Stellar Reign would do 80 damage (10 for the attack plus 30 for the Choice Band, then times 2 for Weakness). Then the devolution part of Stellar Reign would return all Evolution cards to the opponent's hand. However, when KO's are checked the devolved Pokemon is not the same Pokemon that was attacked, so Focus Sash would not protect the newly devolved Pokemon. The original Pokemon took damage from the attack, and the lower Stage just happens to have enough damage on it for a KO. (May 31, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== LYSANDRE LABS (SM: Forbidden Light)

ENERGY CARDS

== BEAST ENERGY {*} (SM: Forbidden Light)

Q. If I use Guzzlord GX's "Eat Sloppily" attack and discard a Beast Energy {*} card, would it get attached to the Guzzlord GX, or would it go straight to the Lost Zone because it was discarded?
A. When "discarding the top 5 cards of your deck", any revealed Energy cards get attached to Guzzlord GX immediately, before they reach the Discard Pile. Therefore, Beast Energy {*} gets attached to Guzzlord GX rather than going to the Discard Pile or Lost Zone. (May 31, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

Back