Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for November 1st, 2018

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, November 1st, 2018
(Added November 1st Rulings and FAQ for SM:Lost Thunder)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* October 4th, 2018 -- No New Rulings!! --
* October 11th, 2018 -- No New Rulings!! --
* October 18th, 2018 -- No New Rulings!! --
* October 25th, 2018 -- No New Rulings!! --
* SM08: Lost Thunder FAQ --
* November 1st, 2018 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON ABILITIES

== ALMIGHTY EVOLUTION (Ditto {*} - SM: Lost Thunder)

Q. Can you evolve Ditto {*} into a Stage 1 Pokemon and then on a later turn place a new, different Stage 1 Pokemon onto it?
A. No, not unless you have devolved Ditto {*} somehow during a previous turn. (Lost Thunder FAQ; Nov 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If I have placed a Stage 1 Pokemon onto Ditto {*}, can I later evolve that into the corresponding Stage 2 Pokemon?
A. Yes, you can! (Lost Thunder FAQ; Nov 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== CHARMED CHARM (Tapu Lele - SM: Lost Thunder)

Q. Can you choose to not Confuse your opponent's active Pokemon if you attach Fairy Charm to a Tapu Lele that has the "Charmed Charm" Ability?
A. Yes, it is optional. (Lost Thunder FAQ; Nov 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== FLORAL PATH TO THE SKY (Skiploom - SM: Lost Thunder)

Q. What happens if I use Skiploom's "Floral Path to the Sky" Ability but fail to find a Jumpluff in my deck?
A. Skiploom stays in play, and since you searched your deck the ability is used up for the turn. (Lost Thunder FAQ; Nov 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. What happens to any damage counters on Skiploom when it uses its "Floral Path to the Sky" Ability? Do they go on the Jumpluff that takes Skiploom's place?
A. Any damage counters on Skiploom are removed when it goes to the Lost Zone; they do not transfer to the Jumpluff that takes its place. Special conditions are not transferred to the new Jumpluff either. (Lost Thunder FAQ; Nov 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== LOST OUT (Tyranitar GX - SM: Lost Thunder)

Q. If you Knock Out a Pokemon using one of Tyranitar GX's attacks, do you get to take a prize card if the Pokemon is sent to the Lost Zone due to Tyranitar GX's "Lost Out" Ability?
A. Yes, you do. It is still Knocked Out. (Lost Thunder FAQ; Nov 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== MOUNTAIN PASS (Trumbeak - SM: Lost Thunder)

Q. Does using Trumbeak's "Mountain Pass" Ability count as playing it from the hand? If so, would it be blocked if my opponent used Chimecho's "Bell of Silence" attack on the previous turn?
A. No, it is not being played from the hand. You are revealing the Trumbeak and then putting it into the Lost Zone; that is not blocked by Bell of Silence. (Nov 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== BELL OF SILENCE (Chimecho - SM:Crimson Invasion)

Q. Does using Trumbeak's "Mountain Pass" Ability count as playing it from the hand? If so, would it be blocked if my opponent used Chimecho's "Bell of Silence" attack on the previous turn?
A. No, it is not being played from the hand. You are revealing the Trumbeak and then putting it into the Lost Zone; that is not blocked by Bell of Silence. (Nov 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== BREEZE AWAY GX (Virizion GX - SM: Lost Thunder)

Q. Can I scoop up Virizion GX as part of its own "Breeze Away GX" attack?
A. Yes, you can. (Lost Thunder FAQ; Nov 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== BURST GX (Blacephalon GX - SM: Lost Thunder)

Q. When using Blacephalon GX's "Burst GX" attack, does that count as "taking a Prize card" for the purposes of other attacks that do more damage "for each Prize card you/your opponent has taken"?
A. No, using Burst GX to put a prize card into the Discard Pile does not count as taking a prize card. (Nov 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== EYE OPENER (Poipole - SM: Lost Thunder)

Q. When I look at my face-down Prize cards with Poipole's "Eye Opener" attack, do I have to put them back in the same order?
A. Yes, you only get to look at them, you don't get to rearrange them. (Lost Thunder FAQ; Nov 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== LOST PURGE GX (Lugia GX - SM: Lost Thunder)

Q. Does using Lugia GX's "Lost Purge GX" attack count as KO'ing a Pokemon?
A. No, it does not. You are moving the opponent's Active Pokemon and all cards attached to the Lost Zone, and since it does not count as a KO you don't get to take any prizes for it. (Lost Thunder FAQ; Nov 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== MIND BLOWN (Blacephalon GX - SM: Lost Thunder)

Q. If Blacephalon GX uses its "Mind Blown" attack to discard a Beast Energy as one of the Fire Energy discarded, does it still get the +30 damage bonus from Beast Energy?
A. Yes, it does. The energy cards are chosen, then Damage is calculated before the cards are sent to the Lost Zone. (Nov 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== KAHILI (SM: Lost Thunder)

Q. Can I play Kahili if there's only one card left in my deck?
A. If you can draw at least 1 card from your deck, you can use Kahili and do the coin flip part. But if you can’t draw any cards, you can’t use it. (Lost Thunder FAQ; Nov 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== LUSAMINE {*} (SM: Lost Thunder)

Q. Is there any way to clear the effect of Lusamine {*}?
A. No, however any attacks that ignore effects on the Defending Pokemon would get through its effect. (Lost Thunder FAQ; Nov 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

Back