Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for June 6th, 2019

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, June 6th, 2019
(Added June 6th Rulings)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* June 6th, 2019 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON ABILITIES

== CRAZY CODE (Porygon-Z - SM: Unbroken Bonds)

Q. If I have Porygon-Z with "Crazy Code", but my opponent has Honchkrow GX with "Ruler of the Night" active, which Ability takes precedence?
A. Even though you're using an Ability to attach the Special Energy card, Honchkrow GX's Ability prevents you from playing it from your hand. (Jun 6, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== DETENTION GAS (Weezing - SM: Unbroken Bonds)

Q. If Weezing has 10 HP left and is Poisoned, would it be Knocked Out before its "Detention Gas" Ability takes place?
A. No. Even if a Pokemon receives more damage counters from Special Conditions, Abilities, etc. than its remaining HP, that Pokemon isn't Knocked Out until "between turns" is over. (Jun 6, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. My Active Pokemon got Knocked Out between turns because it was poisoned and Weezing now becomes the Active Pokemon; does its "Detention Gas" Ability work?
A. No, because you wouldn't replace your KO'd Pokemon until the between turn phase is over. When Weezing comes up, it's too late for Detention Gas at that time. (Jun 6, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== EVOSHOCK (Raichu - SM: Burning Shadows)

Q. If I use Raichu's "Evoshock" Ability to paralyze my opponent's Active Pokemon, does the Paralyzed status condition get removed if my opponent attaches a Stealthy Hood to that Pokemon on their next turn?
A. The Evoshock Ability's effect is to Paralyze the opponent's Pokemon; once that Special Condition has been placed it is no longer considered an effect of the Ability at the time your opponent attaches the Stealthy Hood. Therefore, your opponent's Pokemon remains Paralyzed. (Jun 6, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== RESTORATION (Darkrai GX - SM: Burning Shadows)

Q. Can you play Darkrai GX with "Restoration" Ability from your Discard Pile if Power Plant is in play? And if so, do you do all of its effects?
A. Since the Discard Pile is not considered "in play", Darkrai GX can use its Restoration Ability to put it onto the Bench and attach a Darkness Energy card from the Discard Pile to it. Once all of the Ability's effects are complete, then Power Plant shuts off the Ability. (Jun 6, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== RULER OF THE NIGHT (Honchkrow GX - SM: Unbroken Bonds)

Q. If I have Porygon-Z with "Crazy Code", but my opponent has Honchkrow GX with "Ruler of the Night" active, which Ability takes precedence?
A. Even though you're using an Ability to attach the Special Energy card, Honchkrow GX's Ability prevents you from playing it from your hand. (Jun 6, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

TRAINER CARDS

== POWER PLANT (SM: Unbroken Bonds)

Q. Can you play Darkrai GX with "Restoration" Ability from your Discard Pile if Power Plant is in play? And if so, do you do all of its effects?
A. Since the Discard Pile is not considered "in play", Darkrai GX can use its Restoration Ability to put it onto the Bench and attach a Darkness Energy card from the Discard Pile to it. Once all of the Ability's effects are complete, then Power Plant shuts off the Ability. (Jun 6, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== STEALTHY HOOD (SM: Unbroken Bonds)

Q. If I use Raichu's "Evoshock" Ability to paralyze my opponent's Active Pokemon, does the Paralyzed status condition get removed if my opponent attaches a Stealthy Hood to that Pokemon on their next turn?
A. The Evoshock Ability's effect is to Paralyze the opponent's Pokemon; once that Special Condition has been placed it is no longer considered an effect of the Ability at the time your opponent attaches the Stealthy Hood. Therefore, your opponent's Pokemon remains Paralyzed. (Jun 6, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

Back