Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

dp and the worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

insanity

i assume dp will be at worlds?
that gives us english players a fat disadvantage as we haven't had dp yet! i'd say hold dp till next year. one non-ex expansion seems dumb.

discuss

that is true, but the disadvantage is still true. getting used new rules take time ya'know

quick question; what's z-gon?

Not only that, but you could always trade people across the pond if you have some deck ideas. Proxy some of the cards from the set, make decks and practice with those. Hey, you can even trade me! For the right compensation, I might even be persuaded to give up some prized cards from that set - if I knew for sure you were going to worlds.

Never think your situation is hopeless until the very last second. Take this disadvantage as a challenge that you can overcome, and you will be further ahead of those who have the cards.

Use Proxies etc. and start testing now then.
I understand why you would be a little angry by it, but it is not that big of a deal since you are going to have more or less 1-2 months plus now (if you play with proxies) to playtest.
AND to be honest, there are a few things that shine in DP and wreak potential, but it is doubtful with most players that anything will have a huge impact on this years metagame.

Yep proxing is very good way to get used to the whole D/P set. Proxing is the most easiest AND cheapest =P way to practice with new cards. Of course it isn't the same as playing with the real cards but there really isn't SO big disadvantage as some could think. I think it's just fine this way, of course it wouldn't be a bad idea to we have the prerealeases at the same time with U.S. but that's the way it's.

Apprentice, Scans, Spoilers, and International Trading exist for a reason. If you want to see how DP is doing, just talk to some North American players. It's not really some "huge disadvantage" by not having the cards in front of you. You just might have to put some effort in, it's not like I've had a league or any cards, but I haven't won anything :p

oh yes what a big disadvantage you have against countries who have the worst set ever

I went to a BR yesterday. Winners and top cuts in all age groups were DP-centered decks. Masters had two Electranite and two Infernape decks in the T4. JR and SR divisions both won pretty much by DP theme decks. Yep, this is most DEFINATELY the worst set ever. Most certainly worse than PK or EM, for sure.

PK had absol, a winner in multple regional championships.
EM had Medicham ex, nats winner and worlds winner in 2 age groups.

EM also had BF and Scott, and PK brought back steven's.

DP isn;t bad, its potential just hasn't been discovered yet :D

People in europe need to stop complaining.
You have PLENTY of time.
Honestly, everyone with an internet connection has had access to DP since JAPAN got it.
No one is at a disadvantage. Heck, if anyone is at a disadvantage, it's japan, since they don't get to use every set in their modified.

I went to a BR yesterday. Winners and top cuts in all age groups were DP-centered decks. Masters had two Electranite and two Infernape decks in the T4. JR and SR divisions both won pretty much by DP theme decks. Yep, this is most DEFINATELY the worst set ever. Most certainly worse than PK or EM, for sure.

Oh well, I went to 2 BRs yesterday and today and in the 15+ the top 4 was all stuff from UF-DF (since I agree PK sucks)

Last edited:
DP is DEFINITELY a good set.
Infernape pwns.
Machamp pwns.
Lucario pwns.
Electivire pwns.
Pluspower pwns.
And a lot of stuff in the set has potential.

the only new important rule is drawin when u go first OMGSH ITS SO HARD!

YES, very very hard to get used to because we had we don't draw first turn since forever! I hate the new trainer rule too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back