Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A Player Cap On US Nationals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a player cap on US Nationals, based on the space available to PUI. Players with event tickets will have priority registering for the event. As currently planned, there will be two registration lines; one for folks with event tickets and one for folks without. The "with tickets" line will be registered before the "without tickets" line.

The folks last year got away without a first round loss because they didn't actually hold up the tournament (we had some snags that slowed things up on our end). We're looking at streamlining the process this year so we don't have those snags again. If you get in line after the cut off time, you will be given a first round lose, regardless of whether you have an event ticket or not.

So, the two things that we've learned in my post...

1) You're better off getting an event ticket for Nationals than not getting one.

2) Be in line before the cut off time listed in the US Nats FAQ.

This is a stamped letter from the office of PUI so now there should be no disputes.

Like expected origins gave PUI a certain area to work in so they have a certain space to work with. Now i know alot of moaners and complainers will be on about this but mike said it best

" 1) You're better off getting an event ticket for Nationals than not getting one."

That is the best way and the event sign up dosent end for atleast 2 weeks so you HAVE TIME!!!!
Avoid being shut out and get your event tickets now so you can get priority seating and are not shut out :)

So how many Pokemon players can fit in one room?
According to the Origins collectable card game event page, at 1 pm Saturday, the following events will be taking place with the these maximum numbers:

US Nationals 696
Pokemon League 128
Sealed Deck Tournament 128
Modified Constructed Tournament 128

Total: 4 events, 1080 possible players. Obviously, It would be extremely unlikely that all four events would fill as the US Nationals will dominate the day. But its amazing to think that there could possibly be over Pokemon TCG players in one room!

The following is from an official Origins email by Christine Brucker ->

Sunday, June 17, is the last day you can pre-register for Origins 2007
badges and events. If you have not bought your badge or registered for
your favorite events, you should do so NOW before the price increase.
After Sunday registration will be closed until Onsite registration
opens on July 4.

So if you have not bought your badge and/or registered for events (including Nats) do so now or wait in long lines to do it onsite.

Add Nationals to my Badge

So I just bought my Orogins badge, and I go to add events to it. When adding Pokemon Nats, I'm not sure if I have to acctually pay the 0$, or is it on there after I add it to my cart?

Thanks!

You cannot make $0 only purchases online. If you are going to purchase other events the Nationals will go through in your cart with your other purchases. If you only want to add $0 events to your badge then you will need to contact the Origins/GAMA Customer Service.

The following is from an official Origins email by Christine Brucker ->

Sunday, June 17, is the last day you can pre-register for Origins 2007
badges and events. If you have not bought your badge or registered for
your favorite events, you should do so NOW before the price increase.
After Sunday registration will be closed until Onsite registration
opens on July 4.

So if you have not bought your badge and/or registered for events (including Nats) do so now or wait in long lines to do it onsite.

How does one get in touch with Christine Brucker to tell her how frustrated I am with over 6 hours on the internet trying to buy a badge so I can get my son signed up for Pokemon at Nationals but the site is not working on the days before the deadline?

So if you are only signing up for nats, what are the steps to do so. Also, can you buy a Sunday Badge on Saturday night for if you make the cut, and only buy a saturday Badge right now?

Last edited:
I just e-mailed the "lovely folks" at Origins, because we have heard nothing about our badges, our registration, anything, and am getting no response.

This is definitely not an easy task for someone wanting to confirm info for their family.

Glad the hotel and stuff was a LOT easier!

Vince

I got a email about 1-2 weeks ago telling me that my original badge was refunded because I earned one at a States. I also was told that I would be getting the Nationals Event ticket with my badge. So I guess if you earned an Origins Badge they printed you a Nationals Event Ticket also. Kinda cool.

Drew

Hey Folks-

I've had good luck last night and today e-mailing the person at the address below, I've gotten about a one hour turnaround on getting my wife & I's teacher passes done, etc. I decided to skip the hassle and signed all 3 of us up for a $1.50 Fluxx tournament (a splendidly wild and wacky game if you haven't tried it) and ran that transaction through, which also put all the $0.00 stuff we wanted on our badges.

Good Luck- See Ya There

Bernie

Your badge has been added to your account
Thanks
Joby Miller
Registration Director

[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back