Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Celebi in Crystal Version?

Short answer: no.

Long answer: If you had the Japanese version and the cell-phone-adapter thing that I can't remember the name of, then there's supposed to be some way to get the GS Ball, which if brought to the forest shrine in Ilex Forest, you'd have a chance to catch Celebi.

Although... considering someone just recently discovered a way to capture Mew in Red/Blue... who knows?

Also, I believe the cell phone adapter thing was just for a limited time and cancelled very soon after its release. So even if you did it, you had a very limited time frame to actually catch Celebi. If memory serves me correct...

The only true way to catch either Mew or Celebi into any Game Pak is to obtain it from offical events from Nintendo OR visit the Pokemon Center NY. Right now it is just the Pokemon Center. They have a "Catch 'em All" Kisok that allows you to obtain special Pokemon such as Shining Pokemon (periodically) for the GSC games as well as Mew and Celebi. If memory serves only Mew can go straight into Red, Blue, and Yellow (and can only go to GSC by trade) and Celebi can only go into GSC.

Nope... :)

Someone figured out how to capture Mew in Red/Blue versions... It is unknown as to if it was a glitch or put into the game on purpose though...

From: http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gameboy/file/pokemon_mew_glitch.txt

Recently, a glitch to obtain Mew, was found. Many very
low-traffic sites which are widely unknown had obtained this
strange way to get Mew. How it was discovered? Nobody knows at
the time, being as that it is such an obscure glitch.

My theory is that a worker at Game Freak, who has some
part in creating or fixing this game, at tweaked it, so
this strange glitch could be possible. Along with that
theory, I think that worker, or someone who knew, put it
on a random low-traffic site, after a few years, seeing
how it would spread. Well, it spread all right. Right
to GameFAQs, after I found it. The glitch not only works
for Mew, it also works for everything else.

That isn't proof for me, unless you describe how you do it. With it being a glitch that sounds like a missingno related glitch and should not be messed with.

I remember seeing the sequence (though I can't remember it well enough to recite it), and I'd be darned if it wasn't a glitch.

Need more proof, need description. By the ways, if it involves surfing up and down a shore line somewhere in the game, then it is a dangerous glitch.

Last edited:
Celebi Can Be Caught With gameshark

GOROY said:
I heard that celebi can be caught in crystal version, is this true?
Yes But I Catch it useing The Gameshark Cheat its Easy.Just search the net for crystal gameshark codes.Good Luck!!!!

Orange Soda: With screenshots and all it does look like it works. I will have to try it myself on my blue version. However, whether it passes the Stadium test will be another story.
Pok'emaniac said:
You get mew when you beat poke'mon staduim 1!
You can only rent mew after you beat round 1 of PS1. You can't download it into a pak.
Varun said:
Yes But I Catch it useing The Gameshark Cheat its Easy.Just search the net for crystal gameshark codes.Good Luck!!!!
...and what Trainer in their right mind even uses Gameshark?

Last edited:
Back