11/20/2004 * The Woodlands TX * City Championship

Discussion in 'City Championships' started by Team Cook, Nov 9, 2004.

  1. Team Cook

    Team Cook New Member

    :pokeball:


    The Woodlands (Texas) is the first City Championship stop for Master Professor Birch's Magical Pokemon Tour. This will be the very first-ever City Championships for The Woodlands, and after a record-breaking attendance at the EX Team Rocket Returns Prerelease, we have some big plans and big expectations for this one!


    Saturday, November 20th, 2004

    Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites
    24888 I-45 North
    The Woodlands, TX 77386
    281-681-8088

    10:00 AM




    Everyone gets something!



    For the Top 4 in every age group
    (10 & Under, 11 to 14, 15 & Up):

    1st place -- Medal, 18 packs, Winner's Package!
    2nd place -- 9 packs
    3rd place -- 4 packs
    4th place -- 4 packs


    For EVERYONE -- Series One POP Booster, City Championship Promo Card

    MORE FOR EVERYONE -- Pokemon figures!!!

    As a special prize, each player will get to pull a :pokeball: from our :pokeball: Cannister. Each :pokeball: will contain ONE, TWO or THREE Pokemon figure(s). You get to keep the figure(s) as a souvenir!! :)


    We'll also have a GameBoy (GBA) tournament....


    And maybe a side event....


    Stay tuned for more info!!!!




    Contact:



    :pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:
    972-442-5545
    retnuhd1999@yahoo.com


    :pokeball: Mike Cook :pokeball:
    281-362-8781
    WoodlandsPokemon@aol.com
    MikeAndMia@aol.com
     
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  2. Cyrus

    Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

    Awww, I so wish I could be there.

    GL with the tourney! =)
     
  3. ~Blazi-King~

    ~Blazi-King~ New Member

    We will be making the IH-45 trip and staying at the hotel that night so we can go to Katy on sunday.....Im so Giddy i cant wait lol.....GL to all
     
  4. ShinAkuma

    ShinAkuma New Member

    i was planning on going . but a $300 ticket has come up for driving with no insurance so no can do .... :mad: im thinking about giving up on the game for awhile . not sure yet . if anyone is generous enough to give me a ride i would love to go otherwise probably not . see ya later bye . :D :pokeball:
     
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2004
  5. Team Cook

    Team Cook New Member

    Alright ShinAkuma, you missed our record-breaking pre-release and now no Championship? Same with you Patriarch. We'll let it slide, this time. Paying a $300.00 ticket or playing Pokemon? Tough choice. What's your excuse Patriarch? Just kidding guys. Hopefully we'll see ya soon at the Plano and Richardson events. Have a great week.
     
  6. Cyrus

    Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

    My excuse is that my license doesn't guarantee me a 4-hour drive to The Woodlands in other person's car x_x

    Oh well, good luck, all. Hope you Cooks can come up to one of North Texas' three CC's! =)
     
  7. Team Cook

    Team Cook New Member

    As long as MPB continues to run the tournaments, we're there, lol. We have family in the Dallas area so it makes it easy for us.
     
  8. ShinAkuma

    ShinAkuma New Member

    i might go to the Y2K CC if birch will give me a ride . i will be home in dallas then . :) :D :pokeball:
     
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2004
  9. Team Cook

    Team Cook New Member

    Countdown To The City Championship. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, 5 More Days. Get Ready To Rummmmmmmmmmmble. Get Your Game Face On. Be The Pokemon Cards. Be One With The Pokemon Cards. You Are The Pokemon Cards. Paint Your Face. Get Fired Up. Take No Prisoners. See Ya On Saturday. Bring Donuts.


    ~~ Mike
     
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  10. Cyrus

    Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

    Hmmmm, I shuffle the deck of poker cards, and this is what I flip to predict some friends' fates:

    JACKS:
    -Clay (of Hearts): I flip a 3 of hearts, guaranteeing him third place
    -Taylor (of diamonds): Mmm, he got the 7 of hearts, so it's uncertain, but since the color stays the same, there's a 75% chance of him making 7th.
    -Gilby (of clubs) : I flipped an Ace of Diamonds, so he's got a 50% chance of winning, a 10% chance of losing to Soles/Taylor, and a 40% chance of making 2nd.
    -Soles (of spades): He got 8 of clubs. 75% chance of making 8th

    If anybody else wants a tarot prediction of who wins, don't hesitate to AIM me. See how bored you get when you can't attend these tournaments yourself? =P
     
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  11. beatlerat

    beatlerat New Member

    Is It Sunday, or is it November 20?
     

  12. ~beatlerat~

    It is on Saturday, November 20, 2004.

    MP Birch
     
  13. Team Cook

    Team Cook New Member





    Ooooppppssss... Sorry guys. Mea culpa!

    I've changed the first post to reflect the correct info.
     
  14. Here's The Details!!!

    :D :D ~~Here's The Details For The Woodlands~City Championships"~~ :D :D


    "The Woodlands~City Championships"


    Location: Holiday Inn Express
    24888 IH-45 N
    The Woodlands, Texas 77386

    Contacts: Mike Cook
    Phone: (281) 362-8781

    MP Birch
    Phone: (972) 442-5545

    Date: November 20, 2004

    Time: 10:00am (Registration Begins or Pre-register with "Big DJ Mike")

    Entry Fee: FREE :thumb:

    Format: Modified Constructed Deck

    Rounds: Age Modified Swiss (# 0f Rounds To Be Determined by Attendance)

    Prizes: Each Age Group (10-Under, 11-14, 15-Up)

    1st Place: 18-Pokemon TCG-"EX Team Rocket Returns" Booster Packs / A City Championship Medal / Prize kit Containing Cool Pokemon Merchanise

    2nd Place: 9-Pokemon TCG-"EX Team Rocket Returns" Booster Packs

    3rd-4th Place: 4-Pokemon TCG-"EX Team Rocket Returns" Booster Packs

    All Participants: Pokemon TCG City Championship Promo Card & a POP Series-1 Promo Pack (While Supplies Last)


    "GBA~City Championship of The Woodlands"

    Entry Fee: FREE :thumb:

    Registration: 8:30am (As Stated by "Big DJ Mike" & Be On Time)

    Tournament Start Time: 9:00-9:15am

    Prizes:
    1st Place: Trophy
    2nd & lower: Various Other Prizes




    "Sealed Deck/Theme Deck Tournament-Side Event"


    Start Time: As Soon As The City Championships Are Finished

    Entry Fee:
    $15.00 (Players will receive a Theme Deck and 3-Booster Packs to make a 40-card deck. Basic Energy will be provided.)

    Rounds:
    Age Modified Swiss (# of Rounds To Be Determined By Attendance)

    Prizes: 2-Booster Packs per Player will Go Into the Prize Pool)




    There will be plenty of time for trading, playing, and having all kinds of Pokemon fun. We hope to see everyone at this event!!! Master Professor Birch will be signing "Professor Birch" cards at this event, also. Don't miss out!!! :nonono:

    Take care and good luck to all of the Pokemon players. I will see you on Saturday for "The Woodlands~City Championships". :clap:

    :pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:
     
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  15. Team Cook

    Team Cook New Member

    Thanks Master Professor Birch -- for the update above!!

    Yep...

    There's a TROPHY for the GameBoy Championship (starts at about 9 AM)...

    And it's FREE, too!

    :)
     
  16. ~Blazi-King~

    ~Blazi-King~ New Member

    Ok Me and George are goin to sign up for the GBA and we may get there right around that time soooo
     
  17. Team Cook

    Team Cook New Member

    The Pokemon figures have arrived! Such a variety!

    Remember, everyone who participates will get to grab a Pokeball out of the Pokeball Cannister. That Pokeball will contain one, two or three Pokemon figures for you to keep!

    :)
     
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2004
  18. homeofmew

    homeofmew New Member

    I am going to be in the woodlands everyone, this is my first time up there, I am getting a ride from Jimmy :)
    The figurines sound cool, I love figures/plushies ^_^! Trophy for the gameboy tourny
    I should start playing the gameboy now!
     
  19. Promos

    ~~Attention...Everyone~~


    The Promo Cards for the City Championships are very limited for each City Championship event. They will be given out after the City Championship Tournament has finished with the "Swiss Rounds". Players must finish the swiss rounds of play in order to receive their promo card. The first 50-players that are pre-registered with Mike Cook will receive the promo card at The Woodlands City Championship. (Call Mike about pre-registering)


    PLEASE NOTE: At the "Katy City Championship", if you received a promo card at "The Woodlands CC", your name will be dropped down the list on a first come first serve basis until all of the other players have received their first promo card.


    This is the only fair way that I know that players in these citys will receive at least one Promo Card per player. Good luck to all of the players. I hope to see you at these City Championships.


    Master Professor Birch
     
  20. Team Cook

    Team Cook New Member

    I've got the kids fired up here in The Woodlands. We're ready to go. Let's make it a GREAT City Championship. See y'all tomorrow. For those of you coming in from out of town, be careful and have a safe trip.
     

Share This Page