Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

17 character minimum limit in post (BUMPED 9/1/08 READ POST 63)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did we get this garbage?

Why does Pokegym have a minimum limit for post.

I hate it when I go to the trading post to try to reply "PM Sent" when responding to a trade only to be denyed to post it
Also when someone makes a good point on a thread I like to go say "Good Point", "Aggreed", or "I second that".
I cant do any of this with this stupid limit on posts.

Last edited:
Stop complaining over it, Anthoy - its to prevent useless posts from most of you guys :p

Is this a new thing? I can't remember ever being denied for short posts (not that I made short posts ever :biggrin:)

Yeah, I was kinda lost and confused by it.

I was trying to reply to my trade thread by saying -

No Thanks,
Drew

But that is only 13 characters. It make it just a bit annoying to reply.

Drew

G. for his last name? its not that hard to right a 17 character post. just right like more periods or some i dont know. its not that hard.

18 hah not 17. doesnt really matter. i dont think people should be complaing for this. just deal with itt.u cant even change it.

I hate it. It makes it a pain in the rear even in the "the person above me" thread! lol
And while we are complaining about something...
"baloney" is NOT spelled that way!!!
Its B-O-L-O-G-N-A!
C'mon, usually this is an amazingly well run forum website, the best I have seen, but some of the rules and enforcements that have taken place recently are quite ridiculous...

A character limit was imposed to keep useless posts out of threads. This is a forum, and if your thoughts really don't span more than 17 characters then... your post is probably useless anyways.

The only real exception to this would be in the trade area, but it's hard to create a blanket rule for the entire forum without it also affecting the trade forum (which is often a different beast).

I think that this is an overall improvement; however, it's also the new #1 opponent to concise writing. Some things can be said in just one or two words.

...Unfortunately, a few of you must've abused that privilege one too many times :p (looks at Anthoy).

When did we get this garbage?

Why does Pokegym have a minimum limit for post.

I hate it when I go to the trading post to try to reply "PM Sent" when responding to a trade only to be denyed to post it
Also when someone makes a good point on a thread I like to go say "Good Point", "Aggreed", or "I second that".
I cant do any of this with this stupid limit on posts.
We'll, you're posts are supposed to have quality content, not just stuff like "Agreed".... because doing stuff like that is basically a poll. Hmmm, but I guess that could be a problem for traders that want to say "PM Sent." Maybe they could remove that rule from that specific forum.

The only time that I got that 17 character message was when I was trying to say "Wow! Good job!" in the gallery, but I had to change it to meet the requirement. Sometimes the rule helps, but other times it is just an annoyance when you're actually trying to say something useful that is uber short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back