1st Place MD states report

Discussion in 'State/Province/Territory Championships' started by drmario, Mar 1, 2008.

1. drmario

drmario New Member

My family and I leave at 10:20 and drive up to Glen Burnie. We show up before the store opens and stand outside for about 5 minutes in the cold. After we get in we scramble to get all the cards we need for our decks. I am playing Magmortar/Typhlosion/Claydol

Round 1 vs. Ben
    This was his first premier rated event ever. I set up and proceed to take win.

1-0

Round 2 vs. Summer
    She is using an Empoleon/Absol deck. She starts with piplup and has an absol on the bench. I start with a pachirisu. I set up quickly and KO her 2 pokemon by turn 4.

2-0

Lunch break. My dad and I walk to subway and bring back food for me and my 3 brothers.

Round 3 vs. Gallade
    We both set up in this one and I make 2 huge mistakes that end up costing me the game.

2-1

Round 4 vs. Totoro
    He is using DWD. I start with pachy and get a bench full of basic and nothing else for about five turns. Eventually I get a galactic's, win it and get claydol. After that I was able to win.

3-1

Round 5 vs. DarthPika (my brother)
    DarthPika is using gallade. I lose to DarthPika in a very close match. I goes down to the wire, but Darthloser pulls it out.

3-2

Round 6 vs. Jonathan A.
    He is playing in his first tourney of the year because he is in college. He is using a borrowed Gator/Claydol. This is probably the absolute worst match-up for my deck. I manage to get it so we have 2 prizes each. I then put out my Salamence PK and KO his gator. He needs to have a Gator, DRE and 9 energies in his hand to win. I end up winning on time and taking my last prize card. Time runs out on his turn so he decides to take a really long turn to annoy me.

4-2
    I end up making SE as the 8th seed. I made it in by opponent's opponent's win %.

SE
    Round 1 vs. Michael P. (Magmortar/Blaziken/Claydol
    In the first battle he draws no supporters for the entire battle. I win the first one. Second one I start with a magmar and and a bunch of energies. He KO's my magmar on T3.
    Match 3. He gets a faster start then I do but I manage to get set up about the same speed as he did. I am able to KO all the magmortars and leave him with a bench full of blazikens. 80 damage vs. magmortar isn't enough. I win and advance to T4

T4 vs. DarthPika (I officially hate TOM)
    DarthPika wins the first, I win the second, and the third match is really close. We went back and forth all game. I end up winning by Flameblustering to take my last prize.

T2 vs. ???(sorry I can't remember your name)
    He is using Gallade. First match I win partly because he didn't realize that he had a gardevoir with 40 damage on it. He brings down his own pokemon and I win.
    Match 2
    I get a great set-up and he doesn't. He ends up conceding because I will win on time. (the first match took over 30 minutes)

WOOOHOOOO! I win MD states!! My brother in the senior division wins 1st also.

Props
    AARDVARKS!!!!!!!
    Good judging
    Me
    My brother winning seniors.
    DarthPika gettting 4th

Slops
    TOM making me play my brother TWICE.

2. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Stupid Warp Point.

I would have beaten you if you hadn't drawn it....

Stupid TOM.