2 On 2 Play

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Lugias_Realm, Oct 29, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Lugias_Realm

Lugias_Realm New Member

We have a Battle being waged at our League and even though I have given them the correct rulings according to the Rule Book I have deceided to post the Question here then print out the responses so they can read it for themselves
    Player A has 2 active Pokemon out and so does Player B. Player A attacks one of Player B's pokemon and knocks it out. Can player A now attack players B's other active with the Pokemon Player A didn't attack with the 1st time

2. surfingpika

surfingpika New Member

If I know my rules right, no matter the situation in 2-on-2 battles, only 1 pokemon can attack(unless in team play).

3. Big Daddy Snorlax

Big Daddy Snorlax Administrator

It does not matter if you are playing 2 on 2 rules or the standard rules - Once you attack, your turn ends! You cannot attack with your other active Pokemon just because it has not attacked anything this turn. Doesn't work that way. :(

BDS

4. Lugias_Realm

Lugias_Realm New Member

Response

Thank You. This is what I have stated from the beginning but somehow they had gotten it in to there heads that the NEW 2 on 2 format enabled both of their active Pokemon to attack just as long as your opponent also had 2 pokemon active . When telling them that they could choose which Pokemon they wanted to attack with and also pick which of their opponents defending Pokemon they were attacking they didn't seem to think that this was what was intended in the 2 on 2 format. They thought they were able to attack once with each active against each of the defending, this I hope will put an end to this once and for all.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2003