2 questions

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by Kabigon_Jr, Aug 20, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Kabigon_Jr

Kabigon_Jr New Member

lets assume that i have alakazam mt in play as well as aerodactyl MD. My opponent uses cosmic power, i use power cancel, now the question here is will aerodactyl poke body come into effect???

primal claw: after your opponent's pokemon uses a poke-power, put 2 damage counters on that pokemon

cosmic power: thats obvious

power cancel: once during your opponent's turn, when your opponent uses any poke-power, you may discard 2 cards from you hand and prevent all effects of that poke-power.

i assume it does..but alakazam's wording is confusing me. opponent cosmic powers, player power cancel...technically they used the power, the player changes that into a nothing effect of the power, thus activating aerodactyl's poke-body but ill leave it to you.

2nd question:

less confusing but lets say i have uxie MT and my opponent has bronzong MD. they use pain amplifier because i have a damage counter and i want to activate uxie's poke-power. my question is will it affect bronzong???

poke-power: memory out
    once during your opponent's turn, if uxie is damaged by an opponents attack, you may use this power. the attacking pokemon can't use that attack during your opponent's next turn.

pain amplifier: put 1 damage counter on each of your opponents pokemon that already have damage counters on it.

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

1. Yes. Power Cancel says that it counts as the Power being used. So you put 2 damage counters on Claydol.

2. No. Bronzong does not do any damage. It places a damage counter. That is not the same thing and does not allow Uxie's Power to be triggered.