Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2006 SPR - The good old days??? (Title changed to prevent confusion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Cook

What? Southern Plains Regionals
Where? NASA Space Center Houston
When? Saturday, April 8, 2006

Admission to the Space Center for the first 300 players is FREE!! :eek:

Of those first 300, admission for ONE parent/guardian is FREE for players under 18. :clap:

Additional family members entering with the player(s) will be admitted for half-price (up to 6 people per player). :thumb:

NEWS FLASH: There will be a HUGE Pokemon event going on during this time. In fact, this "special" event, will run for 10 weeks from March 10 through May 14, plus something over Spring Break. There will be lots of Pokemon activities/attractions planned for this, and everyone should plan to attend!! More information is forthcoming from Pokemon and the Space Center... Keep your eyes and ears open..... You wouldn't want to miss this one!

========================================

:pokeball: HOTEL INFO:

Our preferred hotel for this event is:

Homewood Suites by Hilton
401 Bay Area Blvd.
Houston, TX 77058
281-486-7677

To get our special group rate of $ 84 per night (Firday, April 7 and/or Saturday, April 8), you must make your reservations by March 23rd, and you must mention group code/keyword POKEMON. :thumb:

This rate includes a FULL breakfast buffet (not one of those skimpy "continental" breakfasts!) for anyone staying at the hotel. :eek:

We will also have a get-together and warm-up tourney at the hotel on Friday night for those staying at the hotel. We'll have more info on this later. :clap:

Homewood Suites DOES NOT allow pets, but you can put your pets up at the:

Barkington Inn & Pet Resort
203 Blossom Street
281-338-7297

The rooms have nice comfortable beds for your pets, and they do get breakfast, too, but unfortunately, it's not a buffet!!! There will be NO tourney or get-together for the pets either. Sorry, we just don't have the staff for that. :biggrin:

PS. The pets must have up-to-date vaccinations (but you don't).

Rates (by pet's weight):
up to 25 lbs. -- $16
26 to 49 lbs. -- $18
50 lbs & up -- $20

:pokeball: SPACE CENTER:

The "Calendar of Events" isn't out yet, but general info on Pokémon's "Ten-Ten" Tenth Anniversary Celebration is up on the Space Center website. Check it out. Here's the link:

Pokémon Tenth Anniversary Celebration

:pokeball: REGIONALS PRIZES:

Prizes are awarded to the top 8 players in each age category.
Our age categories are 10 & Under, 11-14, and 15 and up.

Participants will receive a Pokémon TCG Regional Championship promo card, a commemorative Regional Championships pin, and two POP Series Two 2-card promo packs while supplies last, just for playing!

The top 8 finishers in each of the three age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place

A Pokémon TCG Regional Champion Trophy
A travel award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18), US Residents only, to the 2006 US National Championships at the Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio!
A scholarship award worth $2000
Four-day admission to the Origins Game Expo in Columbus, Ohio
A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

2nd Place

A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Second Place Trophy
A scholarship award worth $1000

3rd Place

A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Third Place Trophy
A scholarship award worth $750

4th Place

A scholarship award worth $750

5th through 8th Place

A combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

Additional information will be posted here. Keep an eye on this thread.

Last edited:
I'll be there... regardless if anyone wants to carpool with me... and since this is a new topic, I once again extend the invitation out to the masses... it'll save both parties gas money and driving time. I can't wait for this, it'll be the next weekend after my Spring break, where I'll be touring SW Texas and New Mexico... and of course, a little trip over the border to Juarez for some real mexican food and real Coronas...

Like I said before, I can't wait and I'll most likely attend as well. Probably take advantage of that hotel special too. However, I do have one question: Do you know if there's gonna be any side gba tourneys going on? I only ask because Im also trying to go for the gba tourney in houston a month prior, and I wanna know if this event will have one too, just in case I don't qualify for the official one in march.

SeiferA said:
Like I said before, I can't wait and I'll most likely attend as well. Probably take advantage of that hotel special too. However, I do have one question: Do you know if there's gonna be any side gba tourneys going on? I only ask because Im also trying to go for the gba tourney in houston a month prior, and I wanna know if this event will have one too, just in case I don't qualify for the official one in march.

We'll have a GBA tournament at Regionals, but it's not an official Nintendo/Pokemon tournament. We'll have trophies as prizes, but the final plans for this has not yet been set. More info coming soon.....

:smile:

The "Calendar of Events" isn't out yet, but general info on Pokémon's "Ten-Ten" Tenth Anniversary Celebration is up on the Space Center website. Check it out. Here's the link:

Pokémon Tenth Anniversary Celebration

It's ten days (over Spring Break) plus ten weekends of Pokémon fun!!!

More info coming soon. Stayed tuned.

This info has been added to the first post on this thread.

:smile:

Good News for BlaziKing and Family instead of paying enormous hotel prices and food prices homeofmew is offically saying that ~Blazi_King~ can stay at homeofmew's house

To answer MPB and Rocketman:

Time for main event is TBA. We are trying to get Space Center Houston to open one hour earlier for all Pokemon players. Ballpark figures right now would be 9:30am registration with main tournament starting around 11:30 to noon. THESE TIMES ARE NOT SET IN STONE. I can promise you that the main tournament will start by noon.

Staff will NOT be playing in GameBoy. The majority if not all judges will be deck checking up until start time.

I ENCOURAGE ALL PLAYERS TO GET THERE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.

Note to all players (except Houston area). PLEASE pm Team Cook with all POP ID information so we can get you in the system ahead of time. Name, birthday, pop id # Once again, PM ONLY. Don't post the info on this thread.

Might be a dumb question, but exactly how big can the group be to take advantage of the group rate for the hotel?

heh, I was just kidding! I'm sure Psyco Ped. was " sweating" over the thought of me playing in the GBA!!!!LOL , I haven't played since the red/ blue days!!!!
Rick

SeiferA said:
Might be a dumb question, but exactly how big can the group be to take advantage of the group rate for the hotel?

Thanks for clarifying your question (through PM). I wasn't sure what you were asking.

The group rate has nothing to do with how many people are in your room.

The rooms comfortably sleep 4 or 5 people (depending on which room you get).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back