2007-09-19 Blissy - MT 5/123

Discussion in 'Card of the Day' started by PokePop, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

2. doctormcdreamy

doctormcdreamy New Member

first!

this card is obviously bad. 130 HP for a stage 1 is nice. but too bad it's attacks and pokepower are horrible. retreat cost is way too high.

the pokepower is a good way to refresh your hand but it is dependent on how much energy is attached to blissey.

the attack is horrible because the damage output is not worth the energy input necessary.

but if you want to make this card work. there is eggy MT. There is typhlosion. there is boost. and also scramble.

3 out of 10. Blissey is cute but she belongs in a binder.

3. Jason

Jason New Member

Hmm...

Blissey is a really nice card.

130HP. is pretty good to stal with but still lose to whatever THAT IS NOT A DECK.

Well there are some pokemon which can combo well with it such as Weavile DP3, Exeggutor DP2 and Raiechu DP2

So yeh, expect Blissey to be a overpowered pokemon to smash everyone in its path once Darkrai and Blisseys are fully charged after T3 when Weavile should be either KO'd or charged up enough for the blows.

Rating. 8/10. depends on pokemon to combo with. If Darkrai/Weavile: 10/10. lol

4. Ikari

Ikari New Member

Surprise, Surprise!!! Blissey is here to be rated!!! :smile:

Goods:

- Attack: 3 Energy = 50 (Standar + Expandable attack) His attack also recover a Discarded Energy so it can do +20 every turn.
    - PKMN Power: Hand Refresher. (Controlled Oak Research :lol:)
    - 130 HP for a Stage 1. Just Nice.
    - Great with the new Energyzers: Raichu, Eggs, Weavile SW.
    - Can abuse of Every type of energy in format (Heal, Boost, Scramble...)

Odds:

- Weakness: Fighting, very popular now, but it can be countered.
    - Retreat cost: We dont want another Torterra...
    - PKMN Power: Needs Happiny to work.
    - Energy requeriments to do the attack works: Too high, but can be countered.

I personally like this card, with some good ideas and help, can challenge Mario. I hope the newer sets bring cards to help it.

Rating:

Unlimited: Forget about it... 1/10
    Limited: Can be used to stall, 130 HP doesn't go down easilly and can attack while power up something in the bench. 5/10
    Modified: With some tricky things, can be a good card. 7/10

5. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

My favorite card, Female and a Happiness Pokemon.

I love this card,
    - Attack for 1 nrg
    - High HP
    - Power is nice if you want to play it with Happiny.

but
    - Weakness is +30 which is much for a stage1, but is has 130 HP
    - High retreat costs

Overal I really like it and will give a 9/10 for the HP-MT format.

6. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

It's not that good. C'mon.
    50 for 3?
    Still, its power is good, and the attack is Boost/Scrambleable.
    And 130 for a S1? Wow..

5/10 - modified

7. JokerBoi

JokerBoi New Member

This card is ah-mazing and way better than most are giving it credit for. This has to be my favorite card out of MT. 130 HP for a stage 1, You wont even find that kind of HP on a stage 2. The power is nice but not really needed. The attack is what makes blissy gold, you can easily boost for 80 damage on t2 and be just as consistant as the highly over-rated kricketune. Blissy works with alot of pokemon in the format it is a normal type only 1 energy is required to attack and it revives energy which is never ever a bad thing. Prepare to be amazed at the number of Blissy decks that take BR's.
    Modified-9/10

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  8. Xicious

Xicious New Member

This card is very mediocre.
    130 Hp isn't bad of course but you're essentially going to play it as a stage 2 because the power is good so it shouldn't be ignored.
    So 130 hp for a 2nd stage(If you're not using happiny then derr, just derr) evolution isn't that good.
    The attack is horrible and so is the weakness and retreat cost.

4/10

9. ixidor89

ixidor89 New Member

Consider the following about Blissey MT:

1. It's a stage one with 130 HP, and it's not an EX - Let that sink in for a second. That is a whole lot of HP. This thing will almost NEVER die in one hit. Even with the fighting weakness, a deck like Mario needs a Pluspowered Machamp flipping heads on Dynamicpunch to OHKO this thing. Not the most likely thing.

2. Assuming that a basic energy is in the discard pile, you are basically doing 40 for one energy. That's pretty nice.

3. You don't need to use its power. Just use Chansey.

So...

Impact - Blissey is a big punching-bag that can do okay amounts of damage and recover energy. If you decide to use Blissey for its power (I wouldn't reccomend it), then you'll probably get what you paid for. A Blissey hitting the field will have an average impact on the game state. 2/3

Practicality - Blissey is a stage one that you can (In most situations) expect to get at least one prize from and recover energy with. The power is a plus. Good. 3/3

Metagame - At its worse, Lucario variants will beat it up and it will still take a few hits to kill. At its best, Blissey could draw cards for you while smacking your opponents pokes. If they can't kill it quickly, they're going to lose. Very good. 3/3

2.67/3

10. Bobby

Bobby New Member

Blissey is amazing. Let me know when you find another 130 HP Stage 1 that powers itself and does that kind of damage. 10/10

11. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

This thing is no good. It has an OK power, but it is awful considering that it must be a stage 2 poke to use it! Delcatty is the much better card for tuning energy into draw. Don't forget, you can't rare candy Happiny to Blissey since it is a baby!! This is what kills all hope for this card. Nice HP, BAD weakness, NO resistance, HIGH RETREAT, only ONE attack, and best as stage 2. It's attack is too expensive for high damage, and is very ineffective early game when there are no energy in the discard pile. The verdict for this thing in modified:

DON'T PLAY it 3.5/10

12. JokerBoi

JokerBoi New Member

Sorry but that seriously made my day

13. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

This entire thread made my day.

10/10 on Blissey.

Open your eyez.

14. Scizor

Scizor New Member

Card is horrible, can't do damage, can't defend.

My rating: NEGATIVE 10/10

15. ryanvergel

ryanvergel New Member

I've noticed a lot of American players doubting this card, whereas a lot of international players like it.

I think the pokemon is great. 130hp stage 1. Cheap attack. Colorless pokemon. Abuses all the special energy available to us (boost, scramble, warp, cyclone, DRE, holons...) and it still does pretty decent damage early on.

It's power is pretty cool too. There are plenty of times when I have useless stuff in my hand that I would like to shuffle back in and draw for more.

3 retreat isn't glamorous, but as noted earlier we can abuse warp/cyclone energy. So... duh.

I'd give it around a 7/10. There's too much Lucario around to have the deck really shine big time (unless...). I think there are better decks/cards out there right now is all.

16. shiftrymaster68

shiftrymaster68 New Member

I think this is the best EDIT: This IS the best Pokemon to come out of Mysterious Treasures. 130 HP, Stage 1(or evolves from Happiny for the power), [C] (helps against Garchomp and other Dragons while not having much resistance other than Dusknior), a fantastic power (takes Happiny to do it, but it's OPTIONAL), and a awe-inspiring attack, for it's Boostable, Scramble-compatible, Heal Energy works, Holon Energies work great, Warp/Cyclone can be abused, etc.

It's GREAT, but there's a bit too much Lucario. You can, however, tech Holon FF/Fire for Weakness, and put in Psychic techs (possibly) to combat it. 8/10 (onyl bad thing is the [F] Weak and everyone shoving Lucario into everything).

17. Yoshi ex

Yoshi ex New Member

The only decent combo I think you could make this dude work with is the POP 4 Sceptile. You trans energy to it to use its power and refresh your hand, provided you have Happiny, and of course trans all Grass energy to it for one big attack and get one back from your discard pile. With 130 HP, all those energy should be safe for at least one turn to trans back. 5/10

18. Kenshin's Garde

Kenshin's Garde New Member

OMG guys, 130 hp on a s1 is SOOOO bad! I mean, empoleon has the same amount and its a s2! and obviously attacking for 1 energy is just outright terrible, espeially when its INCREDABLY easy to charge. now lets be serious, since he evolves from a 100 hp basic, he must be horrible, right? i mean, there are soooooo many things that deal 100 damage t1!

so yeah, this card will never make it in this format. =P

10/10. This card is my pokemon hero.

19. The_Envoy_of_Chaos

The_Envoy_of_Chaos New Member

This thing is a complete tank. Even if you start off with it's "baby" form, Mario ain't going to T1 donk it. 130HP for STG1 is completely god-like. It's attack is divine. Very easy to get big damage early on.
    Modified: 10/10. Simple as that.

20. Papi/Manny

Papi/Manny New Member

Blissey's line is amazing. Happity can be a very potent staller early game (healing twenty every turn) and can become a factor in t2ing the oppoents active pokemon (evo into chansey, boost, 80 for the t2 ko). Chansey is a good starter as well, with its scruntch attack, it has the potential to buy a benched blissey several turns to get an excess amount of energy on it. Blissey has an amazing 130 hp. For a stage 1, this is amazing. With super scoop up, its nearly impossible to get a ko on a swarm of these things. Its weakness is 10 more then a normal stage 1, but given its amount of hp, the extra 10 is needed to ballance it out. Its 3 retreat is pretty big, but shouldn't be a problem if you really need to retreat it. Its power compliments its attack in several ways. First, it needs alot of energy to be very effective, which is what blissey's attack lets you achieve. Its also gives you the chance to cycle through your deck and pull out key cards (a needed boost, warp point, ect.) With the ablity to add 40 damage from your last turns damage total (via discarded energy and a boost energy), its can easily 2 shot anything when it has no energy on it before. Getting energy in the discard isn't that hard to do, considering tv, mentor, and delcatty should be in nearly all blissey decks.
    Rating:
    Unlimited: Blastiose ex is about the only thing that can work with it. 1.5/5
    Limited: 130 hp is amazing, not to mention it can 1 shot just about everything. 4/5
    Modified: This card will be a recking force at BRs. 5/5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.